The morning of the sleepover, Joanna snapchatted me that her mom and her mom’s boyfriend are going to Nevada to go gambling and see the snow. They offered to take me as well. After all the time of not disobeying my mom, I agreed and thought of it as the perfect senior year, rebellious thing to do. I was so exhilarated to do something spontaneous and secretive. It didn’t feel real what I was doing, my mind was not in the right place. It was like my body was moving without me telling it what to do. I packed some warmer clothes, but not my warmest jacket just to make my trip not obvious, which I later regretted.
Joanna snapchatted me that they were outside my house. The old, light brown Toyota car, year model between in late 1900s to early 2000s, was parked next to the sidewalk and under our basketball hoop. I was rushing out the house wi...
... middle of paper ...
...ensely, something I wish I had never done. However, I’m happy to do one crazy thing before coming to college. It taught me not to do outrageous things without reason or at least not too outrageous. It let go all the repression of doing daring thing. Also, I became less afraid of my mother. After that incident, I was able to talk to her more openly about any concerns I might have had unlike before. Even though I won’t tell her everything going on in my life, I will keep her updated in my life and tell her things she needs to know. I understand that talking to my mom may seem scary, but she will always be there for me. Another thing I realized is that trying to act perfect in front of my mom will hurt me later eventually, doing something bad once in awhile on a smaller scale is healthy. I’m grateful for messing up in high school so in college I can be more responsible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the movie titled, My Dad is a Soccer Mom, the primary characters are the mother, father, and daughter. Holly Casey, the mother, was a stay-at-home mother who focused primarily on her duties as a mother to a ten year old daughter and wife. Holly’s husband, Marion Casey, was a professional football player who was fired from his team and unable to secure placement with another team. Their daughter, Lacey Casey, spent valuable time with her mother. On the other hand, Lacey’s father, Marion, focused his attention specifically on his football career.... [tags: Mother, Family, Gender role, Father]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- Every child needs both of their parents in their lives. Some kids may have just a mom or just a dad in their life which is hard. Everyone needs a mom to take care of them when they are sad or if they are sick. Mothers are special because they show you how much they care it is like they have a magic touch. Everyone needs a dad to take them out on adventures and play outside with them. Fathers are special because they bring out the fun side in you. My mom met my dad when she was 15 and my dad was 18.... [tags: personal narrative]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- 1. Affection between my mom and dad was shown, but not in a gross way. They would usually kiss when my dad left for work in the mornings, and when they would talk on the phone they would say “I love you” before hanging up. Affection is not a big thing in my family. My mom is more affectionate towards my sisters and I than my dad. She will hug us and tell us that she loves us often. My dad, on the other hand, does not. He only shows affection when something big is happening, like leaving for college or going off to camp for a couple weeks.... [tags: Love, Family, Mother, Father]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- My mom is very strict and growing up none of my family, including my dad, tried to disobey or upset her. When I was living at home, I was extremely afraid of my mother. Before I did anything, thoughts like, Will she get mad. Will I get caught. went through my mind for hanging out with my friends after school or going to 7-11 on my way home with people. I love my mom and I’m not in constant fear of her hiding in a corner, but since my mom was to such a degree, me and my brothers never did crazy things and rarely acted up.... [tags: Mother, American films, Thing, 2002 albums]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- Who is a hero. Is it someone who is does the impossible things that we can never do. Or is it something more. Somebody who reaches into our hearts and bless us our what we do everyday.Not the politics but everyone that has and that hero is our parents. I wouldn’t survived without them. They are the backbone who made me on what I am today. Every parent in the world should realize that they are doing something good. Thats why I am writing this essay to prove on what they do right. I know that all parents are not perfect but they tried their best to keep their child happy.... [tags: hero essay, essay about family]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- My parents decided to get a divorce less than two years ago, in fact, this weekend marks the two-year anniversary of the day they decided to split up. The Sunday after Thanksgiving; it is a day that no one in my family will ever forget I am sure. The four of us were sitting around the square, wooden dinner table eating leftover turkey and stuffing. Mom and Dad had been fighting since we had gotten home from church. Alex and I had spent the remainder of the morning hiding upstairs with our stereos turned up to their maximum levels to drown out the sound of Mom and Dad screaming downstairs.... [tags: First Person Narrative Examples]
2412 words (6.9 pages)
- Health Risks Many health risks run in my family. Multiple family members on both my mom and dad side deals with type two diabetes. I have had a few members already pass away due to heart problem. There are so many health risks that run in my family that I know I have to pay attention to, but there is one health risk that I 'm paying more closely attention too. Throughout my whole life I have watch my mom deal with hypothyroidism, and not only has it affected her, but I soon come to learned that it has also affected many of my family members.... [tags: Thyroid, Hyperthyroidism, Thyroid hormone]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- My inspiration came from books that I had read as a child. I remember reading books that talked about the mom or dad of the narrator, but the books were almost always sexually discriminatory. The mom role always worked jobs that a woman would typically work. Some examples are a veterinarian, a florist, a stay at home mom, a secretary, a babysitter and so on. The dad role always worked jobs that a man would typically work. Some examples are a doctor, a fireman, an accountant, a police officer, and so on.... [tags: books, mom, dad, role, project, career]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- The year 2012 is as unique as our class that’s graduating within it. As the Class of 2012, we should be prepared to answer questions about the things that make us unique. Our children will revisit this historic year through their text books, their TV reruns and our own high school keepsakes which we have held on to over the years. With all this attention will come questions from our children, questions like: "Hey dad, what’s an email?" Or, "What's Facebook?" As our yearbooks are taken from our shelves and our photo albums are cracked open once again, our kids will certainly be curious to ask: — Hey dad, was your hair blond all through high school.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- I never quite had the perfect childhood. My friends have memories of playing, laughing, riding bikes, and family road trips. I don't have any of those memories. My most vivid memories from childhood are of red and blue police lights flashing in my eyes. I also recall memories of smoke and liquor. When I was age seven, my father disappeared. I hardly knew him before he was gone. He was like a stranger in my life. Later I learned that he was dead. My mother was always involved with the wrong crowd, including gang members, drug addicts, and alcoholics.... [tags: Personal Narrative 2014]
1500 words (4.3 pages)