We all remember our childhood best friends right? I know I do. In elementary school my best friends were twin girls named Ashley and Allison if you saw one of us the other two weren 't far behind. In middle school my best friend was a girl named Mikala and we were basically inseparable, we would trade off spending weeks at each others houses, giving each other horrible makeovers, and mostly just laughing about everything.You see now that I’m 18 and with only 2 months left in my senior year I have come to realize that those girls were my friends but my best friend was right at home and I call her mom.
October 30th, 1997 was the day that our crazy mother daughter adventure started. She may say the craziness started around the 28th about the time she went into labor, keep in mind I was born on the 30th so that means labor for 2 whole days. YIKES! Sorry mom. After I was born we lived with my grandma and grandpa for just a few years then my mom and I moved into our own apartment it was just her and I. Being a single parent can never be an easy thing but she still provided me with everything I needed and lots of things that I wanted. A little story she tells is that when we would go shopping I would stand in the cart and put clothes in the cart as we went along even though I guarantee I didn 't need anymore she would still get them for me because that’s what I wanted. Throughout the years she has provided her money and time taking me and picking me up from dance classes, bringing me to and from piano lessons and other events that I had going on. She not only has provided me with money but also her care and love. A prime example of this is when she would get up at 2-3 in the morning because I would have cramps in my ...
... middle of paper ...
... that best friends usually do is they say the same things at the same time. If you happen to listen to my mom and I most of the time we do say the same things, we laugh about this when it happens because it’s crazy. We also LOVE to watch movies together. Our favorite movie to watch together is called “You 've got mail” I bet we could recite most of the movie. My mom is my best friend for all these reasons and many more.
I can tell that everyday I become a little bit more like my mom and I couldn’t be prouder. Thank you mom for shaping me into the women I am right here and right now I can not wait to see what the future holds for us and our mother daughter adventures. After hearing all these wonderful things I would like each of you to think about that special parent in your life, or even give them a call to let them know how much you appreciate all they do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- It Happened To Me: Every Best Friend 's Dream When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans.... [tags: Mother, Father, Best Friends, A Flock of Seagulls]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- On May 31st 2013, my best friend and I almost lost our lives. It started off normal just like any other day, my best friend Aundria had come back to Santa Cruz with me and my mom since she lives in San Jose and we were excited for the fun weekend we had planned ahead. That Friday night Aundria and I decided that it would be cool to take my mom’s car out for a spin, so we planned to sneak out through my bedroom window and to take the car. So we waited for my mom to fall asleep then we put the pillows under our blankets and shut off all the lights, and made our way out the window and to her car.... [tags: Automobile, English-language films, Travis Barker]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- I was eight years old when I found out what alcoholism was. My best friend would always be at my house for dinner or just to be away from home because her mom would be passed out from being intoxicated. My best friend would have to care for herself and sometimes after our game we would have to give her a ride home because her mother wouldn 't show up. I watched my best friend go through this for year until her mother went to AA meeting. Her mother has now been sober for years and is a completely different person that I once knew.... [tags: Alcoholism, Alcohol abuse, Alcohol]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- I lost my best friend at fourteen years old. A day I will ne’er forget. Nearly every aspect is as fresh as it was the day it occurred. It was a Wednesday and I was visiting my grandmother 's house from school. I remember getting in the car and having an unusual feeling so I thought I had forgotten something in my locker. I brushed the unusual feeling off when I reckoned that I had cleaned it out on Monday. My mom and I are on our way to my grandma 's house and once we arrived to her house I walk over to the door and knock four times.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- I am becoming the person that I want to become. Growing up as a kid, I didn’t really have a lot. My parents grew up in the country of Ghana, which is located in Africa. The life that they had there was not the best, especially for my mom. My mom was treated like a slave basically. Whatever the people in the household said, was to be done without questioning them. Life for her wasn’t rainbow and unicorns as to say. I don’t know too much about my dad’s life in Ghana, but I’m pretty sure that it was a lot better compared to my mother.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- Starting at the age of 10, I can remember how we lived in an apartment that was big enough to call a house. My mom is named Toni, my sister is BeeBee as a family/friend name, and my brother is J for short. I can remember a time when Toni, J, BeeBee, and I went to see a movie. The movie felt like it lasted longer than any other movie and I looked behind BeeBee and I to see Toni and J sleeping. As I saw them sleeping while BeeBee and I enjoyed the movie together eating Swedish fish – they tasted AMAZING – I created the idea that my family is the best.... [tags: High school, Bullying, English-language films]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Best Friend As I drifted down the hall, it seemed as if it were endless. I could not feel my feet strike the ground, nor could I hear the many voices gossiping around me. While all students at Hotchkiss High School were enjoying a normal break between 6th and 7th hour, I was experiencing some of the most surreal four minutes of my life. I was the only one who knew what had happened. There had been a horrific car accident earlier that morning. It was someone I knew. It was my best friend.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1418 words (4.1 pages)