I woke up to a sound that has become annoyance, the shrill buzzer that seems to never stop, I roll over to see my phone lighting up, with all of my will power I overcame the urge to push snooze. Squinting my eyes to the over bearing light, I sat up in my bed. I could hear the raspy morning voice of my sister telling me to hurry up. The cold wood floor sent chills all over my body as I started to get dressed and it slowed me down. I wanted to get back into my warm pajamas and crawl into my flannel sheets and sleep the day away but to my dismay I left to gather our stuff. Getting out the deer blind, that was covered in spiders and their webs, put us a little behind schedule. When we finally got over the hill and to the spo...
... middle of paper ...
...sister to get the front. The dead weight made the four foot let from the ground to the back of the truck impossible. Time after time we would get one half in and the other would fall right back out. Eventually we got so tired it was hard to move our arms without shaking and loosing grip, so we knew it was time to call the boys and get help.
It was sad that we had to take the life of a helpless animal to have quality time together, but knowing that we would use every eatable part, and not waste it made it an easier thing to do. I would not trade that one hunting season with my sister for a hundred by myself. Seeing the overwhelming joy and excitement she had made me feel the same. To this day I still tell the story of the wild eyed child, that thought she was Rambo, shooting her first deer. It makes it so much more special knowing that I got to experience it with her.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In many ways my sister and I are not alike but at the same time we also are. I chose to compare myself to my sister because I have known, grown up and made many memories with her. We have also had our fair share of fights so I somewhat know what we have in common. My sister and I are a few years apart from each other, like most kids are. Over the years we have grown to be much more alike, unlike our childhood we were not alike at all. When I was younger I loved going to the park, riding bike all around town unlike my sister and her friends they did more of the sitting around the house stuff, but we both loved going camping and canoeing with our parents.... [tags: Parent, Mother, Family, Walking]
710 words (2 pages)
- In many ways, my sister and I are not alike but at the same time, we also are. I chose to compare myself to my sister because I have known, grown up and made many memories with her. We have also had our fair share of fights so I somewhat know what we have in common. My sister and I are a few years apart from each other like most kids are. Over the years we have grown to be much more alike, unlike our childhood we were not alike at all. When I was younger I loved going to the park, riding bike all around town unlike my sister and her friends they did more of the sitting around the house stuff, but we both loved going camping and canoeing with our parents.... [tags: Parent, Mother, Family, Walking]
709 words (2 pages)
- A sister is someone who is more special than words. She is love along with ever lasting friendship and a million memories that will be treasured forever. My sister Jackie was this and more. She was a bubbly, smart, outgoing girl who everyone loved to be around. She had a strong passion for everything that she did and influenced many lives along the way. Ever since she was little, she knew exactly where she wanted to attend college, exactly what she was going to study, and the exact impact she wanted to make with her time there.... [tags: Cheerleading, Dance, Coco, High school]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- The very first memories of my childhood begin with my mother, my grandmother, and my sister. You could say that the women in my life have made an impact on me. They are the very glue that holds our family together. It seems like the day of your graduation should be one of the happiest memories of your life. That’s not exactly true for me. My graduation went along perfectly, and it would have been a nice day had some specific events not had taken place that afternoon. I graduated high school in 2015 on the 6th of June, the day after the last day of high school.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, High school, Graduation]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- My earliest memories related to reading I can scarcely remember not being able to read. I do have one memory of looking at the cover of a paperback book. The background was yellowish-orange, and the illustration was a pen and ink drawing of a young man, climbing along some rocks and looking over his shoulder. I recall making up a story about how he was running away from someone who was trying to hurt him. Years later, I found the book: it was kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. I couldn't have been more than three or four when I saw that book for the first time.... [tags: books, learning]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- I can always remember wanting a baby brother or sister. I would ask my mother all the time if she could have a baby. I wanted to have someone else I could play with and teach things. She would always say no. But long and behold, when I was four years old I found out I was going to be a big sister. I was so happy and excited and it felt like my mom was pregnant forever. Finally, my baby brother was born; it was one of the best days of my life. I was so happy and I missed him when I had to go to school.... [tags: Sibling, Birth order, Family]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- It was a Saturday afternoon as I was sitting on the chair of my front porch. Upon looking at some old photographs that my mother handed to me, I began to recall the good memories of me as a child and of my twin sister. The photographs gave me such amazement, that my heart began to beat incessantly, my face bloomed sprightly, and gently I made a big smile. It then turned to my attention, the aroma of steak being grilled through my neighbor’s lawn, kids on the street playing, beats of music from people’s stereos banging-it seemed like summer was nearly here.... [tags: Personal Memories]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- I think of my life and memories as an ocean: serene and still or rough and rigid. But in the end it’s always beautiful and breath-taking. Some of my memories warm me up from the inside. But they also tear me apart. Unfortunately, the memories that teared me apart are the best I can remember. My childhood memories, when I look back at them, are filled with resentment and bitterness. The first few memories, I was spent with strangers. Strangers my parents paid to be our care-givers. Some of this strangers were kind and compassionate, some were troubled and negligent.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, Sibling]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- November 6, 1998. Already Friday and the only thought that comes thru my mind is “two days left”. Most days I would look forward to the weekend, but not today. I am being taken away from the place I have called home for the last 13 years of my life, to live once again with mom and dad. I don’t know them anymore; I don’t even remember how they look. I go through my memories from the days before they left, trying to picture them in any form, but there is nothing to see, even words are beginning to sound confusing.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Sibling, Mother]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Have you ever wondered how something so little could affect your life so much. Well on June XX, 199X, a beautiful baby girl was born with big brown eyes crystal clear yet pure in color. Gentle skin and soft brown hair, this sweet infant would soon become the most important thing in the world to me. The opportunity to influence the life of my sister will probably be the most worthwhile experience I will ever encounter. Starlin is an important person in my life because, she has taught me so much, she is my best friend, and I know I can always count on her.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- The Values Of Grecian Cultures
- A Brief Note On Crime Prevention And Prevention
- How African American Class Is A Code Of Conduct And Respect Their Own Positions
- Language Acquisition Is Considered By Many As An Ongoing Progression
- An Initial Strategy On How Much Information Was Disclosed?
- Corporate Social Responsibility And Corporate Responsibility