Some of my oldest and fondest memories of my early life are of my Grandparent’s house where I frequently played, loved, and laughed. When my mother remarried we moved about an hour away and I have not been able to see them as often. So on occasions when I get to visit them it was an exciting thing. One of grandmother’s favorite dishes to cook during the cooler months is chili. Everything about this time was special to me, not just because the chili was delicious, but it is a time that my family comes together and enjoys each other’s company. Even the memory of that smell of chili cooking on her stove still makes me think of sweaters, family, warmth and love.
I remember my uncles and grandfather piled up on a tiny couch in my grandparent’s tiny living room while my grandmother and her daughters (including my mother) were in the kitchen preparing chili and a veritable smorgasbord of wonderful side dishes which varied from visit to visit. I could hear the enthusiastic voices from the living room yelling about whatever game happened to be on the TV and the debates from the kitchen ove...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Some of my oldest and fondest memories of my early life are of my Grandparent’s house where I frequently played, loved, and laughed. When my mother remarried we moved about an hour away and I have not been able to see them as often. So on occasions when I get to visit them it was an exciting thing. One of grandmother’s favorite dishes to cook during the cooler months is chili. Everything about this time was special to me, not just because the chili was delicious, but it is a time that my family comes together and enjoys each other’s company.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Paisley Park Records, Prince]
705 words (2 pages)
- I think of my life and memories as an ocean: serene and still or rough and rigid. But in the end it’s always beautiful and breath-taking. Some of my memories warm me up from the inside. But they also tear me apart. Unfortunately, the memories that teared me apart are the best I can remember. My childhood memories, when I look back at them, are filled with resentment and bitterness. The first few memories, I was spent with strangers. Strangers my parents paid to be our care-givers. Some of this strangers were kind and compassionate, some were troubled and negligent.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, Sibling]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- November 6, 1998. Already Friday and the only thought that comes thru my mind is “two days left”. Most days I would look forward to the weekend, but not today. I am being taken away from the place I have called home for the last 13 years of my life, to live once again with mom and dad. I don’t know them anymore; I don’t even remember how they look. I go through my memories from the days before they left, trying to picture them in any form, but there is nothing to see, even words are beginning to sound confusing.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Sibling, Mother]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Childhood memories are often replaced from the imagination. That is, recent memories replace events that transpired during our childhood; these memories are considered fresh by comparison. Still, there are significant moments in our lives that maintain their place in our memory, based on their importance and their contribution to our lives. My life was forever impacted on a Summer day when my father and I had a fishing trip planned. An otherwise normal day of fishing at the lake would have a dramatic impact in my life, developing and accelerating a passion that would continue throughout my adult life, and will remain impactful for the rest of my adult life.... [tags: Automobile, Truck, Replacements, Memory]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- To Mark, Dina, Alexa, mom, dad, my sisters, and all of my family and friends. As I sit here to share the experiences of my life I find myself in tears as I know that I will greatly miss all of you as our lives will continually change in the future. My girls will grow up and go off to college and start families of their own, family and friends will become busy with their own families and we may not see each other much as we expand our families with beautiful little babies, and saddened with the thoughts of those who will become God 's Angels.... [tags: Love, English-language films]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- As a young child you really never remember most of your childhood memories. All you really have is that big album that your mom keeps in the closet. At least that’s all I have. Most of the pictures in that album I see are amazing; a happy family traveling around to meet new places. However, that isn’t what I remember. As far as my memory goes is about the age of eight. At this time I remember the loss of my grandmother, on my father’s side. She was the only grandparent I ever meet, so to see her leave this world is and has been the most difficult moment in my life.... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Father]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Throughout my life I have had highs and lows; these have shaped my development throughout my 18 years and have made me the person I continue to be today. Although I’ve had highs and lows in my entire life, nearly all of my “lows” started on April 2nd, 2010. On April 2nd, 2010 my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. I didn’t know it at the time, but from that moment on I only had 286 days left with my dad. I only had 286 days until my world was turned upside down. My dad was always a child at heart.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Ice cream]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- The earliest vivid memory I can recall in my lifetime of learning to read or write was in the first grade. At that point in time, I lived with my older sister and my father is a small blue duplex in Indianapolis and I attended an Academy where I was one of the few Caucasions in a school with almost all African-Americans. During the earlier stages of my life, I viewed reading as a chore, writing as a pain, and speaking as a difficulty and an embarrassment. Currently, I value reading, writing, and speaking higher than any other undertaking in school and in life.... [tags: High school, Academic term, Novel, Literature]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- Hussam Alayyubi EN140 Memories of My Life Life goes on day after day and the years go by with our memories capturing the beautiful moments that happen to us everyday. In fact, nothing feels more nostalgic like the days of our childhood innocence. Childhood memories are those beautiful moments that can never be forgotten. Missing the days of children gathering, playing, and even fighting. My friends and I were going everyday to the grocery store without our families knowing and we buy lighters to light the fireworks that our friend stole from his old brother.... [tags: Learning, Childhood]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- I remember one day when I was about six years old and on my way to daycare, I told my mom I couldn’t wait to be eighteen so I could be a grown up and live on my own. What a wishful thinking six year old I was, and already so full of teen angst. This past September, I moved over five hundred miles from home, I started college in a place where I knew no one, and I tried to convince myself it was what I wanted. All of my life, I had envisioned my perfect life after leaving home, the wonderful freedom and independent maturity that would come with it.... [tags: Friendship, High school]
1117 words (3.2 pages)