I have many talents and interest that will help me succeed in the cosmetology field like communication skills, business skills, a sense of creativity and technical skills. Many people enroll in hair school to learn the basic fundamental skills to become an outstanding candidate in the field. A cosmetologist’s creativity skills, business skills and communication skills need to be very effective. Other skills are required as well, but without basic skills a cosmetologist will not succeed in the industry. How can you operate a business without knowing any of the basics? How can you work on someone’s head without knowing what style would fit their face perfectly? As a cosmetologist sometimes you have to let your client know its okay to try new styles and that everything will not always work on them. As new trends are invented or start to resurface from previous years you will need to stay updated.
The evolution of cosmetology can be easily traced back to early as civilization times. Back in 10,000 BCE, both men and women in Egypt used oils quite often to hide the bad smells from their body. In addition, ...
... middle of paper ...
...on. Treatments should be applied to the hair as a protector before the chemicals are added because they can apply serious damage to the healthy hair. If the hair isn’t treated properly with several chemicals being added such as relaxers or dye, the hair can easily become dry, brittle, and create many split ends throughout your hair even rising up to the roots. As I was doing my research paper I did experience some difficulties because I didn’t stick with one topic in the cosmetology field like hairstyling, coloring hair, nails, and even trimming of the hair so that caused me to even research harder, but it’s nothing wrong with challenging yourself at times.
Eventually one day I might decide to change my mind about working in the cosmetology field but for now I will stick with my main career goal. I lost a lot of interest over the weeks working on my senior project.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A lot of women love to look good on a day to day basis, so a cosmetologist is what they need. A cosmetologist is a beauty specialist who is educated in doing hair, makeup, and nails. It’s very interesting because you get to be creative, have fun, have people looking gorgeous, and get paid for doing something you love. In this paper, you will be introduced to a lot of information in the field of cosmetology. Learning about the history and background, requirements to obtain the career and job positions will be covered throughout this paper.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
1408 words (4 pages)
- ... helping me get the word out. Not only by words but I can show pictures of what I can actually do. I’m young and I have questions about what I have to do to become more knowable of being successful such as: What salary can I earn. What not to do with real hair. What are some of the best products for hair out. How long can weave last in someone’s hair. The commitment in going to school for this field. How much will I have to lose or sacrifice business wise. I plan to research the study of beauty by internet, books, magazines, and interviews.... [tags: career choices, opportunities]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Cosmetology has existed even before Ancient Egypt established formal cosmetology. Ancient Egypt established formal cosmetology when women of the royal courts would seek help styling their hair and applying different sorts of skin creams. In the past, many women would create their own hair, skin, and nail products that many modern day cosmetologists rarely make. They choose to just order it and pay for it. Cosmetology includes hair care, skin care, and nail care. They are all three different types of ways to enhance human’s looks.... [tags: women, beauty, training, history, requirements]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Cosmetology has led me to dentistry. At fifteen, to better support my family financially, I pursued a cosmetology license. For two years, I balanced school, a part-time job and a 1500-hour cosmetology course. Shortly after becoming a licensed esthetician, I was promoted to a team manager and I trained others in technique and use of equipment, distributed work, made quick decisions in a fast-paced environment and accommodated customer complaints. As an esthetician, I did an initial consultation, monitored progress and level of client satisfaction.... [tags: esthetician, customers, leadership, communication]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- A lot of women love to look good on a day to day basis, so a cosmetologist is what they need. A cosmetologist is a beauty specialist who is educated in doing hair, makeup, and nails. It’s very interesting because you get to be creative, have fun, have people looking gorgeous, and get paid for doing something you love. In this paper, you will be introduced to a lot of information in the field of cosmetology. Learning about the history and background, requirements to obtain the career and job positions will be covered throughout this paper.... [tags: cosmetology, beauty specialist, makeup ]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- To say I know what I want to do with my life would be a lie, but what I do know is that on the afternoon of October 12, 2026 I hope to be happily sitting on my front porch, just getting home and hopefully married by then. I do not think I will have kids yet because that is early in my life, but I do plan to have kids eventually. The plans I have for my life in between all of this are a bit confusing because I’m not sure what I want to do with my life, but I do know I want to go far. My first option after I graduate high school would be to go to a Junior college and get my basics and then transfer.... [tags: Want, Need, WANT, Cosmetology]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- So, the part of the ticket was all of this information, then there was the rip away part, so that when they brought their ticket to the meeting, we did the rip away part that had their name, address, and phone number on it. That is the part that you have your gals stamp, so that when you pull the winners, you know who it is, but you have all the people who are not het winner and can go through and divide those out. You know who brought the guest, that way, if somebody sings that night, and they are a guest, it is right on the back of their ticket.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, The Recruit]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- The American Heritage dictionary defines cosmetology as “The study of cosmetics and their use.” Cosmetology is more than just hair or nails. It’s a massive world of everything from cosmetics to skin care. Cosmetology opens not just one door, but multiple to other careers in this field of work. The career of cosmetology is a positively frantic world because of the different aspects and other related fields. The research will describe the career of being a cosmetologist, what is required to become a successful stylist/cosmetologist, and the impact if this career on society.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, Manicure, Skin]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- Cosmetology is a profession with a long history that requires intense schooling, implements a variety of techniques, practical knowledge and a high degree of that blend of communication and psychology which most people refer to as "people skills.". The word “Cosmetology” comes from the Greek civilization, some of the very first evidence of makeup was found in Mesopotamia, people figured this out by finding their carvings and portraits. From the carvings and portraits, they can tell that mostly only the rich and “powerful” could afford to paint their faces and nails.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- How does math influence the life of cosmetologists. Cosmetology is the study and professional skill or practice of the face, hair, skin, and nails. Cosmetology employs personal appearance workers including hairstylist, shampooers, barbers, cosmetologist and many more. Math relate to Cosmetology because of running an Cosmetology business, barbering, coloring, hair cutting, sectioning, braiding the hair, makeup and many more. Furthermore, cosmetologists must understand fractions and percentages when using equipment and when mixing coloring products.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
1402 words (4 pages)
- The Career and Technical Education Misson
- The Negative Effect of Performance-Enhancing Drugs
- Struggle between Belief and Disbelief in Brothers Karamazov
- The Present Status of PV Systems and Its Future Potential in Economics
- Interactive Society and Instant Gratification
- Alecia Beth Moor: From Troubled Teen to P!nk Superstar