Our family wasn’t really well off, with this in mind my mom deliberately, tried to give me the best education that she could afford. From preschool years till 5th grade, my mom sent me into a private school, and during this time she also sent me to Kumon, a tutoring center that focused on improving student’s English/vocabulary and math. On top of all these educational expenses, my mom allowed me to try different sports, like golf, tennis, badminton and swimming. I was really grateful for what my mom has done, for me despite being a poor family. It allowed me to gain a lot of experiences in the world.
Kumon was a place that I utterly detested, I would find ways to prevent my mom from taking me to the tutoring center. As a result, I would come up with lies about how I did not feel well, or find ways to delay the time before I met my “doom.” My hatred for this place was so over the top, that my mom was sick of my procrastination and lies, that she called me out on my bullshit. Through this we got in a lot of arguments. Consequently, the arguments got so intense that she was willing to kick me out of the house. Being the young naive kid I was, I did not understand how much my mom went through for me just to give me the best she could. My grandparents sat me down and ...
... middle of paper ...
...of interest in anything, besides video games and food, but this time it was different. I viewed this as a new path that has opened up to me and a topic that I would enjoy learning and expanding my knowledge on. Which lead to my decision on majoring in computer engineering.
In my life, I was shaped and formed through the people around me. They taught me how to do things on my own and learn from my mistakes. The way I currently am is all because of my friends, family, and the activities I’ve done. When joining swimming it taught me about be brave and willing to go out there. Golf, taught me to have proper manners and respect for others. Dragonboat and video games, has taught me how to work together as a team, and be willing to speak out to try to lead or encourage a team to victory. Through all these experiences of my life, it has shaped me to the person I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Growing up I was always told to enjoy being young; now I see why. A plethora of young teens today become pregnant in high school. I just so happen to be one of those girls. I would have to say it was a life changing experience for me. As a result, the parallelism between the aspects of my life as a teenager and as a teen mom are stress, responsibility and my emotions. To begin with, one area of distinction between life as a teenager and as a teen mom is stress. For instance, as a teenager coupled with fitting in and my appearance.... [tags: children giving birth to children]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- As a teenager, one would think of hanging out with friends, shopping at the mall, going to high school football games and just living a carefree life full of fun. However, ending up pregnant at the age of 17 changed everything. The life of a single mom at age 17 consists of wearing many hats in order to take care of her children as she must utilize her time wisely in order to care for her children, attend high school and work a job to take care of the home. Being pregnant and attending high school was very challenging.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Graduation]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- I was born in San Francisco, California, a cold and windy place year round. Because of this, I am used to more cold chilly weather than super hot weather like Merced. I was raised by a single mother. I spent a lot of time with my mom and her parents. Because my mom was constantly busy with work, her parents would take over and baby sit me for her. Spending a lot of time with my family. For that reason, I have a very close relationship with my mom and my grandparents. Our family wasn’t really well off, with this in mind my mom deliberately, tried to give me the best education that she could afford.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Family, Dragon boat]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Two of the greatest days of my life were the days my daughters were born. The first time I held the both of them and gazed into their eyes I felt a sense of relief and hope. The feeling is a warm tingling sensation that engulfed my entire body. The emotions that I felt are beyond what words can explain. It’s amazing to me that in the first few minutes of their lives they completely changed my perception of the world. Motherhood has taught me many life lessons. Before becoming a mother, I was a self centered child.... [tags: Autobiography, Personal Experience]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- When i was a kid i always do things with my own self. I never ask people what should i do and what i need to do. Everything is just made by my own decision. Maybe i am independent to early because at the age of ten i can figure out what consequences will happen if i take any action recklessly. The reason i turn to be like that because of someone, someone who really special to me. The person who always keep my safety and put me number one in everthings. That person is my mother. She is the amazing women i ever known because from her i look this world differently.... [tags: Experiences, Independent]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- Image your mom had just signed you up for ballet. You watched all the Barbie movies and practiced the dances, this was your dream. You wanted to dance like the people you see on television the girls in your class talked about dancing at their studios and you could only dream of what it must be like to be a real ballerina. Your mother saves up the money to get you into classes. Imagine your 7 and you go to you first class and meet the girls they don’t look like you at all. You’re too young to pay too much attention to something like that but you make note of it, and you begin to feel out of place.... [tags: Black people, Racism, Race, Human skin color]
1853 words (5.3 pages)
- Audience Analysis General purpose: To inform my audience about a time in my life that had great impact on who I am today. Specific purpose: To inform my audience about how my mom being diagnosed with cancer impacted my life. Thesis: It showed me how strong my mom is, how much impact she has made on people, and it brought my family closer. General description of audience: My audience consists of about 25 of my peers. Their ages rang from18 to 20 and is an even male/female mixture. My audience has a mixture of background and cultural differences.... [tags: Religion, Faith, Belief, Audience]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- Family Lessons It is easy to admit that some days are more eventful than others. In reflecting on my life, one event stands out as life changing in my childhood. By life changing, I mean that if it had not happened, I would not be the same person I am today. When I saw my oldest sister walk out of the house carrying a butcher knife in her hand, it confirmed to me that this would be one of the more eventful days in my life. What lessons I would learn on that day, I could not have predicted. It was the early 1970's and we lived deep in suburbia.... [tags: Personal Narrative Relationships]
1990 words (5.7 pages)
- Mom Vs Dad Everyone has a mom and a dad, however some people only live with one of the parent. Some parents are single parent or some have remarried to a different person, thus giving the child a step parent. If the step parent is up for the challenge and parents correctly they can easily just become a motherly or fatherly figure instead of the step mom or step dad. Regardless, there are many differences between a mom and dad. They typically have different ideas on parenting styles, different attitudes towards certain experiences or ideas, etc.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- In today’s society we are aware of many people that have done great things and set commendable examples of being righteous but so often the person closest to us is only noticed from a far. A mother is the person who gives you life even after she has given birth and she can be the greatest role model in our lives. “Young people have a range of role models, and particular reasons for choosing them. Many look to close relatives for their role models (Bricheno, P. & Thornton, M. and M.).” In the article, The Role of Religion in the Lives of Resilient, Urban, African American, Single Mothers by Anne E.... [tags: Personal Experience ]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- Evidence Based Classroom Practices Use For Behavior Management Are Structure, Expectations, Engagement, Encouragement And Encouragement
- Charlie 's Life With No Hope
- Post Decision Dissonance As A Decision
- Texting Is The Most Common Means Of Communication
- Role Of Religion During The Spanish Colonies And New England
- The Spanish And New England Colonies