Exactly four weeks prior was October 5th, my 21st Birthday. My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate in the normal fashion, alcohol and backroads. I guess this is what I deserved for that ‘fun’ filled night. My life was ruined. How could I take care of a child, when it was hard enough to take care of myself? I felt as though my life was ruined. I was a 21 year-old college dropout who partied all the time, worked at Dollar General for minimum wage, and lived with my parents. I couldn’t hardly take care of myself, let alone a baby.
I went to work, the night went slow, and I was slightly distracted. How am I going to tell Jason? I already know how he would react. We had only been together for 7...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Never let anyone make you believe you aren’t worthy of your dreams. You are worthy, very worthy and you will keep thriving to reach those dreams no matter what happens.” These words of advice from my maternal grandmother filtered through my mind as I watched her lay in a casket, three days after having a heart attack. The realization I felt seeing her lifeless, my beautiful, fun-loving, blunt grandmother now lifeless, crushed me emotionally. She was the one I ran to when bad things happened. She gave me amazing advice and at that moment I couldn’t get advice on how to cope from the only person I wanted it from.... [tags: Life, Family, Audience, Grandparent]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Writing From Life - Original Writing I couldn’t even look her in the eye. Not after what I’d done. What she’d done. Being part of a big family was difficult, but you always had someone to talk to, but not this time. I was generally closest to Rabia. She was two years younger than me, and to her, everything was simple and had a simple answer. I think that’s why we were so close. She was always great if you had a problem, or needed help. She was also fun to be with, making up games that people would normally call childish, but because she made them up, they were ‘cool’.... [tags: Papers]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- The Essence of Life- Original Writing Ahmed a 15 year old boy sits alone in his room, the silence lingers menacingly. Only broken by tears that fall from his eyes. He is sat with a pen and paper; he begins to write a letter to his father yet is aware that his father is dead. (A voice echoes the letter he writes) Voice: Father, I know you are there listening to me, watching us suffer constantly. God has given you freedom from this world, when will we get ours. We took your advice, we came to Britain but Khalif did not let Khalia go, he forced her to stay.... [tags: Papers]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- My Life - Original Writing I am woken up by a loud bleeping noise. It's the truck picking up the rubbish left outside the kebab shop. I get up and stretch as my legs ache from being curled up al night, trying to keep out the cold. A cat brushes himself against my leg and sends a shiver up my spine like the one I got when Jason was screaming at me for not telling him I was going to be late from work. It's a Sunday morning and I walk down the deserted street looking for somewhere to have a cup of coffee, I only have eighty pence on me which isn't enough for a bacon sandwich so I'll have to settle for a coffee.... [tags: Papers]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Cottage Life - Original Writing My children’s mother and my ex-partner Jennifer, was born in at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto on March 18th, 1973. Almost everyone in her family was born in Toronto and they still live there today. Toronto will always be her hometown but it is not Toronto that her heart belongs too. Jennifer’s heart belongs to Belmont Lake, a little cottage community just outside of Toronto. When she was four years old, Jennifer and her mother moved to Winnipeg and they have been here ever since.... [tags: Papers]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- My Life - Original Writing It is the year 3000. The school I am at is smiggles Junior, I am getting ready to go up to a new school called smog's high school. There's only two days left to go and I am getting nervous. I have all the visits and im going to be the bottom of the school again by the way im zoop zog from the planet zap on the horos band and im here to give you the story of my life, probably boring, but who knows what will happen. Hi, good morning one more day left to go at smiggles but I have to leave.... [tags: Papers]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- Life in the Trenches - Original Writing Today, we were once again heavily bombarding the German lines. It was a routine thing nowadays. Some of the more experienced soldiers didn't even notice the heavy German response bombardments that were every second posing a threat to their lives. As we heard a shell landing, we heard attentively just to make sure it wasn't coming direct on us and then, the colossal roar burst from the ground. Life here was getting rather monotonous, always the same routine, four days on the frontline then four days behind lines and then the same thing the following week or so.... [tags: Papers]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- The Life of Billy- Original Writing I intend to describe Billy’s school and explain to what extent the school has helped him achieve his full potential whilst attending the school. The author’s intentions when writing ‘A Kestrel for a Knave’ were to highlight how defective the school was at helping Billy to be a successful person in life. Billy’s school was an all boy’s school situated in Barnsley. The school was run by corporal punishment, and the head teacher believed that is how it should be.... [tags: Papers]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- Life or Death. - Original Writing That is the Question -------------------- “What you say we treat ourselves to a wild night out, honey?” “At this time it’s only 9 o’clock.” “Yeah, I mean later on, say 10 o’clock.” “Yeah sure, why not, at least that way I can show you what I’m made of.” “Alright, yeah sure.” “You go and get ready knowing beautiful girls like you take years to get ready.” “Shhhhh.” Hannah hurries off to get ready with her body full of energy and excitement, while her fiancé Ed has a feeling of fear going through his nerves and tries to sit down and relieve this fear.... [tags: Papers]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Life's Hurdles - Original Writing The dim clouds hang in the sodden sky like filthy cotton wool. The wind is biting, and chills me to my core. I wipe what remains of the sandman's apparatus from my eye and quake in the cold. My riding boots are sucked down into the mud. I'm sinking. With considerable force I pull my footwear out, making a strident slurping noise as I do so. My jodhpurs cling as the rain saturates my clothing. I feel naked. I survey the scene. Obnoxious brats with riding crops and spurs before me; ponies lustrous from hours of grooming nudging their adolescent owner's pockets for sugar lumps and mint imperials.... [tags: Papers]
736 words (2.1 pages)