Then I had an epiphany. No one wanted to be close friends because they couldn 't keep up with me. I am so scatter brained it 's ridiculous. Add that with my advanced maturity and my crazy big ambitions, well who could blame everyone.
So here 's the part where I wish I could say I just ignored all those haters and waited it out for my true best friends to arrive. And now, the three of us are the squad that 's tighter than everyone else 's.
But, that 's just not the case. I took everyone 's distance to heart, and completely changed myself. I basically gave up on my dreams of becoming an actress, because no one thought I could do it. I slowed myself down to everyone else 's speed and pretended to not be as smart or mature as I was. Well that got me a lot of fri...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Education is becoming the main starting ground to a better life. It is met to help shape someone’s life to become the best person they are meant to be. When they are not educated, it is harder for them to get even a basic job because even the most basic jobs are requiring a diploma. Education is known are “the process by which children and youth develop knowledge, skills, ability and character especially through formal instruction, training and study” (Schultz, 1998). Education first started when God created man.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Meaning of life, School]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- It was the summer of 2009 when I realized that I wanted to become a nurse. I attended a friend’s swimming party for their birthday. Her little brother didn’t know how to swim well and while he was trying to retrieve a toy in the deep end he started to drown. I was the closest to him and quickly pulled him out of the pool. We all stood around him panicking not knowing what to do. In that moment I knew that I wanted to help save lives. I graduated high school a semester early to start on my perquisites for nursing.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse education, Nurse]
704 words (2 pages)
- You never really know when your life is going to do a three sixty. When it happens some of us are lucky and it changes our lives in a positive way, but for me that was not the case. When I came to college I wanted to break away from the life I once had. Like most people I wanted to find myself and finally be who I was never able to be in high school and living at home. The night of October thirty first of my freshmen year I met a person who would change my life and the lives of those around me. My best friend Josh always wanted to be the one to take my drunken virginity.... [tags: Family, Mother, Multiracial, Load Me Up]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- The Singular Life of Albert Nobbs tells the story of a 19th century woman crossing dressing in order to survive. The film version of Albert Nobbs is similar to the novella in many aspects. Albert Nobbs lives out his normal life until an encounter with Mr. Page causes her to rethink the situation. There are several instances where the movie diverts from the short story. The (AN) is told through a frame work of a man telling the story to his friend. Unlike the movie which is its own singular story.... [tags: cross-dress, friend, survival]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- There she stands, five feet and four inches tall, attending the University of Massachusetts Lowell. Never did she imagine that time could pass as quickly as it did. She remembers graduating from the Hellenic American Academy as a sixth grader as if it was yesterday. She visualizes the photograph taken with her friend and her best friend, noticing her shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes in her white dress and cap. Then, just two years later, the same girl graduates from Ste Jeanne d’Arc School.... [tags: becoming a surgical nurse]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- Over the Course of time, all the opinion, advice that I received from my grandmother to my aunt about a life after becoming a parent was lost in a box somewhere in a mastering of knowledge. Since the heart beat was increasing, muscles were tighten and I have never screamed so louder in my life, I did not seem to care who was around me, especially when I was in the middle of a positive feedback cycle and was in terrible the pain. Having a dry mouth and relaying on the only ice chips I was not a happy sailor.... [tags: Family, Want, Need, Mother]
704 words (2 pages)
- All my life I’ve met a lot of people and have had a lot of different friends with their own personalities and characteristics. My best friend since I’ve moved from D.C. to West Virginia, has one characteristic that stands out the most in my eyes over everyone else. He loves to try new things no matter what he heard from others that wanted to doubt his ideas. His dedication to the things that he is passionate about is outstanding. He has shown that when he wants something that he will dedicate every living second to what it is.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, Lil Wayne, Weekend]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- Every year students from all over will graduate from high school and receive their high school diplomas, and for some they will continue their education in university to further their learning. Ultimately, the goal for these students is to graduate with their undergraduate’s degree and hopefully enter the workforce. However, even with university level education many people still graduate unprepared for this next transition in life. That is why as a young university student I pursued this interview with the intention of learning more about how life will become after university and how best to prepare for it.... [tags: Higher education, University, Employment, Life]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- A best friend is a special person. Someone you can always talk to and count on. When growing up you never truly know what a best friend is until you find one. I found mine when I was in third grade. In the summer when school was out my older brother, younger sister and I would stay at home. We lived on Sheridan so we would always go sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. One day the house next door to us was bought, my brother and I watched as the new neighbors moved all of their belongings into the house.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Friendship]
1097 words (3.1 pages)