The education needed to accomplish this long and difficult job many seem hard for many student, but I am very determined on my life goals and become an obstetrician is on the very top of my list. The first step in this field would be to get an undergraduate degree in science, which at this very moment is what I am trying to do. Throught the next four years of my life I am going to have to study daily and go above and beyond all the other student to be able to apply apply for medical school. My main goal at this point is to maintain a high grade point average while fully understanding everything being taught in a classroom, so that I will be able to succeed in the MCAT which is The Medical College Admission Test. This test is just one of the many to coming in this profession which primarily focuses on science, mathematics, English, and physics courses. After I pass this exam then I will be able to apply and attend medical school which will take about another four more years of education. The first t...
... middle of paper ...
...tting her life and my sisters in her hands. Fortunately my mother had no problem giving birth to mys sister and everything went according to plan. I believe I should be given the opportunity to win this scholarship because I know what I want to do with my life and I have a clear view on that dream. My mother along with the help of my teacher have helped me in anyway possible to be able to one day get the degree. Even though the education requirements may seem like a lot I am sure that I can accomplish it all. The doctor that helped my mother give birth to my sister was the first person to open my eyes and see the world as a whole new place. With this career I will be able to hold the next generation of children in my hands which in a way will make me feel joyful about the fact that the kids I once held in my arms will grow up to become different people in this world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The most important educational goal that I expect to achieve within the next year is too participate in a research program that will allow me to expand my intellectual curiosity through an in depth analysis of scientific issues. I also plan to build my network and be more professionally diverse. Being that I am going into a professional field I would like to attend more conferences and eventually be able to participate in one so that I can interact with other like-minded individuals while strengthening my scientific knowledge and expanding my network.... [tags: Learning, Graduate school, Medicine, Skill]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- 1. Who am I and what are my strengths and weaknesses (skills, abilities and knowledge) and what are my educational goals and plans. I am a strong African-American woman who does not settle for less, but strives for the best. I am a sister to two handsome young men who I love with all my heart and will do almost anything for them. I am an aunt to two beautiful nieces and one handsome nephew who I thank God for each and every day. I am a Christian who believes in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and through Him anything is possible.... [tags: career, goals, experiences]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Like many of us, choosing nursing as a career was brought on by past experiences that made me appreciate the field and its merits. My mother was an obstetrician-gynecologist in China. I grew up having spent lots of time in her hospital. The medical field really appealed to me. Nevertheless, my mom thought that being a teacher was a better career choice for me. As a result, I worked as a high school teacher till my husband and I came to the U.S. to pursue our post-graduate education. I started my retail business in Madison, Wisconsin after I got my master’s degree in Organization Development.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Critical thinking]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- My whole life I have always wanted to become a successful engineer, and graduate from the University of Cincinnati. Some of my goals in life are to go to the University of Cincinnati. Another one of my goals is to become some type of engineer. But as of right now I would like to be a aerospace engineer. To be honest I really don’t know what influenced me to want to become and engineer. But something about engineering always appealed to me for some reason. But lately my engineering teacher has had a positive impact on me and is really making me like engineering and the overall field.... [tags: Education Goals ]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- I can achieve professional goals and become a leader in my professional learning about different the according to DuBrin, 2013 “contingency approach to leadership” p. g. 142. The ability to know according to DuBrin, 2013 “Behavior” and according to DuBrin, 2013 ‘situational forces’ provides for goal in managing to be a proficient leader. It is the effect that is the competition in the according to DuBrin, 2013 “competitive environment” p. g. 142. In being according to DuBrin, 2013 “flexible” leadership is possible in achieving goals of a profession that is according to DuBrin, 2013 ‘effective’ successful and professional.... [tags: Skill, Leadership, Learning, Psychology]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Mothers in Medicine “I want to become an Obstetrician/Gynecologist,” is what I would always answer when being asked, “What do you want to become when you grow up?” Most adults were surprised with my answer and most classmates didn’t know what that was. When I was a child, I could never decipher what I wanted to become. A few of my past desired professions were: a chef, a musician, an actor, a teacher, and a lawyer but being a doctor has always been number one. Once I became older I realized that there are certain responsibilities and tasks required with every profession.... [tags: Physician, Medical school, Medicine, Residency]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- Obstetrician/Gynecologist Have you ever wondered what it would take to become qualified to work with the female reproductive system. The career of Obstetrics and Gynecology is a challenging yet fascinating career because of the ability to be a part of the introduction of a new life into the world, along with other obligations that come with this career. The research will describe the career of Obstetrics and Gynecology, what is required to become a successful OB/GYN, and the impact this career has on society.... [tags: career choices and professions]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Malpractice, negligence, and injustice are words that hold great meaning in today’s healthcare system. More than likely, these are the words my mother wishes that she could have uttered during her time of inattentive care. My mother underwent countless rounds of chemotherapy when she was pregnant with me because of a very rare cancer called Burkett’s Lymphoma. This caused for her to birth me at only six months of gestation. The doctor told her that she would have to choose between my life and hers.... [tags: Want, Need, Medicine, Childbirth]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- An obstetrician/gynecologist is a physician specialist who provides medical and surgical care to women and has specific skill in pregnancy, childbirth, and disorders of the reproductive system. This includes preventative care, prenatal care, detection of sexually transmitted diseases, Pap test screening, and family planning. An obstetrician/gynecologist, commonly abbreviated as OB/GYN, can serve as a primary physician and often serve as consultants to other physicians. OB/GYNs can have private practices, work in hospital or clinic settings, and maintain teaching positions at university hospitals.... [tags: essays research papers]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Research a life goal Although I have many goals in life, two stick out to me the most. They stick out in every decision I make and they help me form good decisions. What I want most importantly in life is to become a pharmacist and to create a family with someone I love. I want the family most importantly because I was raised in a very tight Greek family. I want to raise my kids in that tight Greek family as well. Becoming a pharmacist is also a very important goal because I want stability in my job so that I can raise my family without major money issues.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
1327 words (3.8 pages)