... middle of paper ...
...reates an unhealthy distraction from reality.
In the novel Gatsby is never able to accept reality and abandon his dreams, even after Daisy’s neglect of his sentiments. Unlike Gatsby, I had control over my dreams, and was able to abandon them when I felt consumed or obsessive towards them. Like Gatsby, I too I’am infatuated with the past and attaining the academic and emotional successes I once had in the early years of my life. However, I possess the understanding to know that the past is a frame of time, and it is impossible to recreate or preserve it. For me, I have more control over my dreams, than Gatsby who 's perception become clouded by his obsession with achieving an intangible and impossible love. The novel strongly depicts the morality of how the dominance of dreams, is destructive in nature and becomes a distraction and blinder of what life truly is.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A girl of 14 years, a girl of dreams, a girl of goals, that’s who I am. I’m a person that believes that dreams and goals are what we live for, facing obstructions and handling them are suspension of live, and what we love is the fuel that keeps us moving toward our dreams. For me life is like a path a long one. A path that has splinters and nails, a path that sometimes is so dark that u don’t know where you’re heading to, but at the end of that path there’s a light the light that we’re all heading to.... [tags: biography, ]
684 words (2 pages)
- I. On May 27, 1998, I, Mani Kallupurackal was born in Trivandrum, India. I lived in India for around 7 years then moved to Arizona. I stayed there for another six years and finally moved to florida when I was thirteen and eventually ended up in an IB English class, writing this career paper. I feel enjoyment in a lot of things whether it be playing saxophone, doodling, hanging out with my friends, or simply sleeping. Although, I think I like working at my job at Mathnasium the most. I always had fun from the first day I started working from interacting with the students and teaching them math.... [tags: Surgery, Physician, Surgeon, Robotic surgery]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- As a child I had always been interested in medicine and the medical world. My passion of learning about the human body started when I was younger. I encountered many health problems throughout my toddler years. I looked up to the doctors and medical staff around me and continue to look up to them, they were and are still my heros. That is why my goal in life is to become a general surgeon. I want to be able to save many lives since it is possible now to do so now. Responsibilities of this job occupation includes providing medical attention, offering emotional support, and helping patients with other ailments.... [tags: Physician, Hospital, Surgery, General surgery]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- From a time, longer than I could remember, I had always known that I wanted to have a career in the medical field. My first choice was in Obstetrics, then after a few years, it changed to Dentistry. It was not until around the age of 11 that I discovered the career that I wanted to pursue after college, which was Orthopedic Surgery. Now to this day, this has been the first career choice that I still follow, research, and can proudly say I still hope to obtain. Truthfully, I can say that I did not really have anyone who particularly influenced me to choose the career path that I desire.... [tags: Physician, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
717 words (2 pages)
- Over the past 17 years I have learned many values and experiences that shaped my life. The most effective values that I have learned and used every day of my life are being motivated, optimistic, and passionate. These three values helped me get up in the morning and helped me become a better person to fulfill my goal of becoming a Cardiac surgeon. I have to be motivated every day by my goal of becoming a Cardiac surgeon, so I do not waste my life staying in bed all day and getting nothing done, while more and more people constantly get killed by heart disease.... [tags: High school, Learning, High School Musical]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- In my junior year of highschool, I found my bliss. Of course I had no idea what a bliss was at that moment, but I am confident that it was still my life calling. I had no idea what college or career I wanted to pursue and was doing nothing to prepare for life after high school. In a high school football game in the evening of September 12th, 2014, I was blindsided by a player on the other team and taken immediately to the hospital. It happened on the first play and I was in a hospital bed by 7:10 when the game started at 7.... [tags: High school, School, High School Musical]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Nothing gets lost in the transition from childhood dreams to adulthood reality. The Childhood dream world resides with the subconscious stream of images and ideas, and are perpetually modified and refined throughout our lives. This continuance is in accordance with an ever evolving self enlightenment, and includes a strong influence from our interactions with others. That is, the gradual transition from childhood to adulthood is subject to constant internal and external changes, guiding a spiritual journey from the conception to the culmination of our desires.... [tags: Dreams]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- You walk into the house of a new friend. As you scope it out, you realize something a bit strange… You’ve been there before. But not exactly in person. You think about it a little bit, and you then realize that it was in a dream, a dream that perfectly portrayed with every small detail the exact room you’re now standing in. Sound familiar. This is an experience that is not as rare as most people think. For many, these arbitrary feelings of extreme familiarity, known as déjà vu, come through dreams that some say predict the future.... [tags: Dreams]
1513 words (4.3 pages)
- In this paper I hope to open a window to the vast and mysterious world of dreaming. To most people, information about dreams isn’t common knowledge. In researching this subject though, I found that everybody has and reacts to dreams, which are vital to your mental health. You will also find how you can affect your dreams and how they affect you. All over the world different people, scientists, and civilizations have different dream theories. For instance, the Senoi tribe in Malaysia has a fascinating tradition of dream telling.... [tags: Dreams]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Animal Dreams "'Stop it!' I yelled. My heart was thumping. 'You're killing that bird!'" - Codi Noline, Animal Dreams Those are the words of Codi Noline, a brave heroine with her mind set on rescuing a beautiful but defenseless peacock from horrible torture by a group of demented children on her first day back in her hometown of Grace, Arizona. Much to Codi's chagrin, the bird turns out to be just a piñata, spilling candy and bright treasures rather than a gory mass of blood and bone. The children aren't a pack of hopelessly troubled youth engaging in animal mutilation for sport, only a normal group of kids participating in a party game very common to the Southwestern Mexico-influen... [tags: dreams]
1952 words (5.6 pages)