The philosophy behind this outstanding approach that encourages students to learn from their experiences, peers and environment. Is created through the six main factors that are inherent to this approach’s success. These six factors are; the image of the child, expressive arts, progettazione, community and parent-school relationships, environment, and teachers as learners. The first factor is their image of the child, they believe that a child is driven by curiosity and imagination, takes responsibility for their own learning, listen and is listened to, need to love and be loved, and is valued. This is the foundation of the philosophy of this approach since their image of the child is what impacts how the approach as a whole is presented. There is a poem called “The Hundred Languages,” written by Loris Malaguzzi , that explains why the expressive art is such an important aspect of this philosophy. The poem describes all of the ways that a child can learn and how each child has a different way of learning. Children are extremely expressive, and imagination plays a huge role in the child’s search for knowledge and understanding, this is why the expressive arts is seen as such an important aspect to this philosophy. By making it a more hands on and expressive approach it allows for the child to find the best way to l...
... middle of paper ...
...d about learning . Also, this experience will make me learn how to think on my feet, since I will be in a place I do not know. That skill will help me in my profession since as a teacher you never know what could happen, especially a classroom of children with disabilities.
Words cannot describe how this experience will change my life. It has been one of my life long dreams to be able to travel the world and experience different cultures. Now that I have the opportunity to fulfill this dream I am ecstatic. I am even more ecstatic since I will be able to learn more about my other dream of becoming a teacher. This experience will broaden my horizons by allow me to learn about a culture that has always been interesting to me. This experience will make me a more well-rounded person and teacher. That will change my life in every way by fulfilling my two biggest dreams.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The excitement that I had as a child about go to Disney World, is the same excitement I am experiencing now about go to Reggio Emilia. the Reggio Emilia approach has been a very common subject discussed in my education classes, that continues to blow me away each time still by how magical this approach is. This is why being able to experience this approach first hand will change my life as a person and future teacher. The philosophy behind this outstanding approach that encourages students to learn from their experiences, peers and environment.... [tags: Reggio Emilia approach, Education, Knowledge]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- For some, “Teacher” is simply a title to describe the person who teaches vocabulary words, a math formula, or who takes students outside to play on the playground. To others, a teacher may just be the person to whom they send their child every day, as a “highly paid babysitter”. However, to me, the word “teacher” invokes a sense of pride that rises up inside of me. Teachers are professionals who take it upon themselves to make sure that students have the resources needed to lead a healthy life, to make sure children are educated in order to be able to be successful in their future, and to make learning fun and enticing for children in order for them to retain information.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Need, Want]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Anything but Teaching Becoming a teacher and staying a teacher can be quite the challenge. Most universities don’t adequately prepare students for the challenges they will be met with every single day. Most students are not informed of the good, the bad, and the ugly before becoming a teacher. Many students are not fully aware of the seriousness and stressfulness that goes hand-in-hand with their profession. Teaching can cause more stress than many other professions and is one the least valued professions to date.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Profession]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Professional Philosophy I am a future physical education teacher. I believe in educating the child as an individual. Each child has different educational needs. No matter what kind of challenge a person faces, if they have the right support they can overcome and accomplish anything they set their mind too. I believe in every child, anyone can learn and participate in an event, some accommodations may have to be made, but the world is an adaptable place. Sense the world started it has adapted for many reasons making accommodations for a child to succeed would not be difficult. I believe that every child in the world deserves the chance to live life to the fullest, every person faces cha... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Learning]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- Summer break was over, and it was the time to go back to school to my eleventh grade. School for me wasn’t that different as my summer break. I never felt like not going to school after a long summer break because I used to have a lot of fun in school. School for me was a place where you would socialize, gossip, brag, drive attention, miss conduct, daydream, text students, sing, ask silly questions and flirt with girls. I think now you know how my days at school used to be. However, a day has come that I would not expect it to come at all.... [tags: The Teacher Who Inspired Me]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- First (1), According to the Code of Ethics we should “value the worth and dignity of every person.” As a teacher, one could uphold this by having each student make a student profile. Each month the teacher would post two or more student profiles on the wall for the duration of the month. On these profiles, students can list their age, hobbies, favorite things, future dream job and more. Students in the class will be able to view each other’s profiles during the month to learn more about their classmates.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- In 2015, the median salary of a high school teacher was $57,200; meanwhile Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers was paid $30,963,450 (Bls.gov, 2016; Espn.com, 2016). Quite a large disparity between an entertainer and for those that cultivate and magnify traits that are necessary to survive in this world. Albeit there are far fewer world-class athletes and celebrities than those in service industries. So, when looked at from an economic perspective this logic makes perfect sense; from an ethical standpoint this is another matter.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Certified teacher, School]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Future career To choose education as a career is to choose to be a life-long learner. When on this journey to become an educator one faces challenges and excitement all at the same time. As an education major there are a wide variety of positions one can choose from. I have decided to become a teacher and work with the elementary level students. I have had the most experience with ages two through ten and feel the most comfortable with them due to the fact that they are at the stage where learning is still fresh and fun.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Decisions Although for the past couple years I have wanted to be a teacher, there has been multiple times that I have considered this field is not right for me. Even though it is early in my first semester I am already overwhelmed with all the information that is thrown at me and the expectations that the professors have. The more I think about it at times, the less I feel like I could make a good teacher and that scares me because I do not want to do something that I am not going to be good at.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- When one wants to be a teacher, he or she must consider quite a few different aspects in order to know whether or not the career opportunity is right for him or her. Educators have decided why they wanted to become a teacher for many different reasons, whether it be because it is their calling, or any other reason. When becoming a teacher, one must think about what he or she hopes to accomplish as a teacher. Another thing he or she may think about is who influenced his or her decision in choosing a teaching career.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
951 words (2.7 pages)