Teresa is a few years older than me and is currently pursuing a career in Human Resources Management. I dream to pursue a career in Health Care Administration. When we were little we were raised with the same morals and teachings. Our father instilled in us the same character of courageousness, self-confidence, and poise. We didn’t grow up amoral. We grew up instilled in our values that we were the owners of our destiny and that our future was in our own hands.
Instead, Teresa started to believe in fate. She started to believe that things were not in her control and that her future was already written. She really thought that there was a fixed natural order to the universe that nobody could control. Her logic started when she was developing her relationship with God. She began to discover the relief of believing in a greater spirit and in having faith. She started to learn God’s so called “master plan”. If she had a motto, it would have been “go with the flow”. It’s not that she stopped trying in school or that she was giving up on herself, but her drive to conquer the future little by little dwindled. As a teen aspiring a great future, I think it’s necessary to have faith in that the fact that you carve your own path.
Teresa is still a scholar student and...
... middle of paper ...
...o don’t feel sad because I will be happier than ever”. I held on to that and it made me feel better. I knew that my grandfather was in a better place.
I felt then the same peace thanks to the faith in god that my sister feels every day. I will never forget the relief that grandpa was in heaven with Mimi, my grandmother. They were together at last and although sometimes I doubt god’s existence that idea gave me comfort.
Teresa and I disagree that our future is controlled by god, however, we both have faith in him. She believes in god with every fiber in her body and trusts that god will guide her to lead the master plan he has in store for her. I believe that god takes care of us but that we have free will and we crochet our own choices that build our prospect future. I disagree that he has a plan for our life and that my future depends solely on my choices.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration This paper is an over view of my profession and future Degree in my Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration. I would like to use my degree to work in Employment services management, and I would like to work in the hospital as well. To learn about my future career in Health Care Administration I researched different aspects of my degree. Most of the information I found was very informative. I learned about how my personality fits with my career as well I also went to the Kaplan University Career Services.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Health informatics]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- In the healthcare industry, employees, patients, and employers are exposed to many risks. According to the U.S Department of Labor (2013), there were about 253,700 injuries and illnesses that occurred in hospitals in the United States in 2011 (U.S Department of Labor, 2013). Though it is impossible to prevent all injuries and illnesses, any healthcare organization can help prepare their employees for the health and safety dangers that arise in the workforce daily. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) plays a significant role in the healthcare industry as well as in many other organizations.... [tags: Occupational safety and health]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn life around.” Says Leo Buscaglia; a teacher of special education at the University of Southern California. Every teacher has this potential whether they are aware of it or not. I have been a teacher for nine years in early childhood education and within those nine years I have become very aware of how powerful the smallest act of caring can turn a person’s life around or even just make someone’s day a little better.... [tags: Childcare Director, Career Essays]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Health Service Management Career Zeinab Bazzi Baker College Health Service Administration Career Health service manager is a post that relates to the management of the financial matters of the health care in a particular area or a particular program. Financial management is a phenomenon that is important to be dealt with care and it includes almost every field of this planet earth as the world revolves around Money. Their importance is growing everyday especially in the light of economic depression in 2008 and its adversary over the health care sector.... [tags: Health care, Economics, Health, Healthcare]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- ... The game of cricket taught me how to analyze, work as a team and under high-pressure situation. In addition, local community honored me for organizing our quarterly dental checkup camps. I learned that giving back to the community is not only important but also imperative for my school and me. The four years of dental school laid a strong foundation of medicine/dentistry and overview of healthcare industry in my mind and I realized it is an excellent system with effective outcomes. But to my disbelief during my public health research projects the results were contradictory.... [tags: public health, research]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Even though nursing has been around for decades, it is still changing rapidly every year. From workplaces to job duties, nursing just isn’t the same. It’s better. These changes in Nursing have helped tremendously. You might not be able to see it, but I sure can. Nurses are one of America’s heroes because, they take care of the sickly, mentally ill, and the elderly. The purpose of nursing is to encourage health and growth, to prevent any illness, injury, and disability (“Nursing Is”). Nurses guide patients toward healthy doings and support them in their time of need.... [tags: Career, America's Heroes, Medical Field]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction A career choice can be a hard thing to decide on, it takes time and for one to go through experiences of life that shape up what you eventually end up choosing. Most of us are afraid of committing to something that you might eventually not like, when you choose a career path and go all in with it, you must do it with no hesitation. After different going through different phases of my life I’ve finally settle down for something I am passionate about, a career in health care management.... [tags: Health care, Healthcare, Health economics]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- There is no doubt with the advances in technology that, as a population, we are continuing to live longer; yet with the cost of medical care constantly on the raise, is it any wonder an industry would develop out of the concept of “preventative” maintenance. We are after all, all too aware of this concept; from large corporations who strive to maintain their expensive equipment in an attempt to secure the bottom line, to the local neighbor who would rather afford the costs of preventative maintenance over the expense of replacing a broken down vehicle.... [tags: Occupational Issues]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- This paper will examine different forms of cognitive strategies and the courses required to obtain a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Administration. The paper has three levels and each level deals with a different subject. The first level talks about cognitive strategies. The second level deals with the course work involved to obtain a degree in the field. The third level deals with the human side of the equation. Health Care Administration Degree Plan This introduction to our paper is to give the reader a snap shot of the work that goes into obtaining a degree in Health Care Administration.... [tags: college education]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- My chosen profession is Healthcare Administration. Healthcare Administrators plan, direct, and coordinate health and medical services in many organizations. They are responsible for administering the financials, managing personnel, maintaining boards, analyzing facility activities, and planning programs (11-9111.00 - Medical and Health Services Managers, n.d.). Depending on specific occupation acquired, several different softwares can be learned. Skills such as administration, customer service, human resources, and accounting are imperative for this career as interacting with people is the majority of this job.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Community Agencies For Vulnerable Populations
- Analysis Of ' Desiree 's Baby '
- Why Does Marx Argue That Religion Acts As A Drug?
- How Do The Intersections Of Big Data And The Internet And Social Networks Mitigate Or Exacerbate Internet Fraud Risks
- Physical Appearance And Its Impact On Society
- Champion National Security : Security Services