Every family has a tradition, for mine, it’s going to Louie’s every once in awhile and grabbing a pizza. While Louie’s has been around for both my life and my father’s life, it wasn’t so for my grandmother, when Louie’s first opened around in the 60’s my grandmother was 14, every once in awhile she usually grabbed a pizza on the way home from school and that’s how our tradition was started. I was young when I first had Louie’s, I remember being around 4-5 when my grandmother took me there for the first time, my grandmother; when she still had a car drove down to Louie’s back when she still lived on Grant St, I was in the passenger seat sitting behind her, this was my weekend to stay with her. As we drove down the street I was more focused on playing my Game Boy Advance than paying attention to my surroundings. Eventually, after driving down Buckeye Avenue we arrived at Louie’s, for a shop in the early 2000’s Louie’s sure looked strange, I later came to find out that Louie’s was built in the 60’s so that’s why it was built in that style....
... middle of paper ...
... hard if not absolutely impossible, and because of that when I’m doing what I love I stick to it and put in all of my effort. I believe everybody has a “Louie’s” a place in their childhood that has shaped and molded them over the years to become the individual that they are today. I’ll never forget those days growing up where I would visit Louie’s and grab a pizza with my grandmother, I have many, many memories of eating their food with my family and enjoying those short walks down the street. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Louie’s over the years it would be sometimes at the end of the day you can learn a lot from everywhere if you just stay humble and pay attention to your surroundings, because if you do, you can see how there 's a whole world full of value’s and information that you can apply to your life no matter who you are and what you do for a living.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Both a mother and father are essential to having a healthy household. However, which one is needed more. As a boy my father was not always in my life. There was however a memory that I can never forget. I remember when I was just a toddler I was laying in my mother’s bed. I was feeling lazy and drowsy. I heard a knock at the door as it opened. I looked over and saw my father. He came in and picked me up and doted me. He flew me around like an airplane, and as I felt this I wished it would never end.... [tags: Family, Meaning of life, Father, Mother]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Imagine where magic is real and death is an option, where the danger comes in any form. I don 't I have to imagine that because I met a man who faced them. this man is my father. For this interview, my father was a type a guy who doesn 't say much. He wakes up, goes to work, come home eat then sleep. The process he does this for every day. I always wanted to know about my father, his origins, back story, and his wisdom. I asked my father if I can interview him. He said yes, then we both headed to a small coffee shop.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Los Angeles, Gang]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- My family’s history can go as far back as the four fathers, but I was unable to get information that far back. Both my mother and father come from similar places, which come together to the point where I was created. My father has more history of moving around the nation than my mother and I has combined. They both have worked so hard to become physically, emotionally, and financially stable to give me a better future than they had to endure. With all the sweat, blood and tears, my family’s ancestral history will be an extensive and rough journey.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, United States]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- The sunlight was glaring down on my grandmother and I; the birds were chirping and playful noises could be heard from around the corner at the local elementary school, as usual we were walking down 29th Street towards a quaint little pizza shop, the sun was setting and soon it would be night, My grandmother placed a call in earlier to Louie’s and we were walking to go pick it up. To my family this was a very long standing tradition, and for me this tradition has been around my entire life, usually, once a month we would walk down the street and grab the pizza, but I walked out with much more than a pizza, many times I would walk out with the knowledge that influences me for the rest of my li... [tags: Pizza, Naples]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- One day night, it was a family time. So, all of my family were sat in the living room after dinner. On that night, my father told us about his life story. He told us about his childhood, his teenage life, how he met my mother and how they got married. All of my brothers and sister, we all sat next to my father and listen to him without a word. My father life story taught me a lot of lesson in my life. Also, he made me thankful about how my life now to compare with my father life. This is how my father life was began.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Mother, Parent]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Always being present in Martin’s life, Martin’s father showed just how compassionate he was towards Martin’s illness by being with Martin in times of uncertainty, anguish and suffering (Doane &Varcoe, 2015). Martin’s father did everything for Martin, trying to alleviate and fix as much of Martin’s discomfort even if Martin could not communicate his pain verbally, never turning away from Martin’s suffering (Mitchell & bunker, 2003). Although Martin’s father not only showed his compassion by the care he provided Martin.... [tags: Ethics, Patient, Illness, Morality]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- “If we had found it any later, he would have died,” my dad’s doctor told my mother; it took the hospital too long to realized that my dad’s appendix had ruptured. The hospital had kept misdiagnosing him, and they were now trying to convince my mom the hospital wasn’t at fault. At the time, I was only eleven years old, and I was too naïve to know what was going on. However, I could see that everyone in my family was stressed about my father’s surgery he just had and his condition. In the past few days my mother had only been home for an hour a day to take a shower and have a snack.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Thanksgiving]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- My Father's Life “The truth is that the life of an individual is not more interesting than the life of a whole nation. And another truth is that not everyone is able to describe his/her life the way great writers do.” This was my father’s first response to my request of knowing more about his past life. My father, Ruben Aslanian, was born on April 12 the year 1951 in a small village of Abkhazia called Mteesoubanee. Abkhazia was part of the Georgia republic during the mid nineteenth century and Georgia was one of the fourteen republics of the outdated Soviet Union.... [tags: English Literature Essays]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Life is full of unexpected twists and turns that you never saw coming. Your loved ones leave, hopefully to a better place, and new ones are born. Instinctively, you do your best to protect the ones that are left behind and prevent the cruelness of the world from damaging their outlook on life. My parents have done their best to shelter me from everything that could possibly hurt me, so I did not become damaged. When I was seven years old my father was diagnosed with cancer for the second time, but he was not the only one.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Cancer, Death]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- What was the purpose of this study. This study had three purposes. The first purpose of this study was to better understand the effects of fathers’ antisocial behaviors have on their children while differentiating between those fathers who have very antisocial behavior with those that have very little. The second purpose was the find out if the effects of a father’s being in his child’s life was the same in every family. The third purpose in this study was to find out whether the children of antisocial fathers were going to develop behavioral problems from both genetic and environmental risks.... [tags: essays research papers]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- An Introduction To Deutsche Bank 's Alarming Situation And Describe The Sharp Decrease Of Its Profitability
- Financial Analysis : The Company
- How The Temperature Of Water Affects The Speed Of Sound
- Effective Communication Between A Nurse And A Patient And Group Communication
- Swot Analysis : An Organization 's Internal Environment
- The Day Of The House At A Young Age