Throughout my adult life and higher education becoming an elementary school teacher has been a goal of mine. Growing up I spent time in my mother’s classroom observing what it takes to be a teacher. It wasn’t until I started college that I realized what it really takes to become a teacher, and I realized that I wanted to become an elementary school teacher. In September 2015 I started working at a daycare with children from the ages of six months to twelve years. In that setting I learned how important it is to have a connection with the children, also including their parent. In my job I respect the children and listen to their thoughts and opinions, and in return they show the same level of respect, if not more. When being a teacher there must be respect between the teacher and the student.
In my prerequisite observation hours I observed an outstanding teacher, who I learned a lot from about having respect between the teacher and students. For this teacher she made sure that her students had a voice in the classroom, and in return when it was her turn to speak ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The career I would be most interested in is becoming a middle school teacher. When one decides to become a teacher you always have a set of guidelines to follow. I would love to become a middle school teacher because I believe that is something that I have passion for. But in order for me to become an official teacher I would have to take some major steps like getting certified. Getting certified is not easy as going in to take a test and then you are certified, there are requirements that are needed.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1060 words (3 pages)
- After graduating college it is time to hit the real world, so it’s time to begin of what I want to do for a living. The career I’m striving to achieve is to become an elementary teacher or middle school teacher. Becoming a teacher would be fantastic, it’s a job I know I would enjoy and I’m passionate about. Being able to help young students learn new things every day would be amazing, knowing that in elementary years it is the foundation of a student’s education. Teaching in general and watching people through the process of learning the is the main reason I’m seeking a career as a teacher.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Recent studies show, that a high school education is presently becoming less and less useful. It is stated, “Two-thirds of college professors report that what is taught in high school does not prepare students for college” (Broad, para.3). In high schools, many students see their education and teachers as a joke; they blame their attitudes on the teachers and administration in the high schools because they are too lenient. Students would take their high school education seriously if their teachers and administration were tougher on them and they would not try to get by.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Teacher]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- When the idea of becoming a teacher was planted in my head, I wanted to be a high school teacher. When I was in high school, I began to notice that not every child was having the same experience as I was in relationship to the institution of education. Although I have brown skin, I grew up benefiting from my fathers white privilege. This privilege consisted of attending private schools for all of my life, hiring tutors to support me in classes I struggles with and having the expectation that going to college was the next step after high school.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school, Pedagogy]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- When one wants to be a teacher, he or she must consider quite a few different aspects in order to know whether or not the career opportunity is right for him or her. Educators have decided why they wanted to become a teacher for many different reasons, whether it be because it is their calling, or any other reason. When becoming a teacher, one must think about what he or she hopes to accomplish as a teacher. Another thing he or she may think about is who influenced his or her decision in choosing a teaching career.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Prior to coming into this course, I never really knew or understood what philosophy was all about, and the thoughts and concepts of philosophy of education never crossed my mind. Although I didn’t exactly know what to expect or learn coming into this course, what intrigued me to take the course was that I want to become a teacher in the near future myself, and thought that this class would be beneficial in helping me to be able to succeed my goals of becoming a teacher, as well as helping me build my confidence to become a teacher.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Psychology, School]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- My only dream is to become a primary school teacher. Am a friendly and a hard working individual who does what it takes to pursue her ultimate dreams. I believe that to become an outstandarding teacher, you have to have the desire to want to make a positive impact on a child’s life opportunity. I have a fondness for children and believe what they start to understand and develop during primary school is what sticks with them for the rest of their life, whether is the National Curriculum, a trip to the museum or just a year class moment.... [tags: School, Education, Teacher, Primary education]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Becoming a teacher has been the ultimate aspiration for myself since the first day I walked into kindergarten. As a very timid student, it was a difficult task transitioning from being with my mother everyday, to being part of a classroom environment full of strangers. However, my kindergarten teacher helped me through this transition smoothly, and adequately. I very quickly learned to love school. Soon after, I knew I would aspire to become a teacher. I would spend countless hours at home with a blackboard, acting as a teacher to my imaginary students throughout my elementary school years.... [tags: Education, School, Elementary school, Teacher]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- When I was in middle school I never thought that I would be choosing a career that would involve teaching; however, when I was in 9th grade I had an awesome math teacher, Bethany Allen, who would to inspire me to become a teacher. She encouraged and loved her students so well and was always there to help them become the best they could be. Because, of my 9th grade teacher I am trying to become a teacher for elementary students. Becoming a teacher has many high times. For example, when one finally sees a student get the material that they have been struggling with.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, School]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- One of the biggest influences on the youth in society today are teachers, adults that students are in everyday contact with. Teachers are needed to instruct youth and students to be quality citizens in the community and to teach students values, morals and to educate the youth on how to become better people as well as helping adolescents grow into adulthood. A respectable goal for someone becoming a teacher is be devoted to the profession, take schooling seriously, and sincerely care for the students.... [tags: Teacher, Education, High school, School]
1784 words (5.1 pages)