My Learning Style
After reviewing, the Kolb learning styles I have decided that the style that best suits me is a cross between Accommodating and Diverging. The online Kolb learning inventory, which I participated in, scored me at about equal in both areas. This was amazing how accurate these styles described the way I learn. The description associated with these styles was exactly how I perceived myself.
Accommodating individuals have are individuals whose strengths lie in carrying out plans and experiments and involving themselves in new experiences. They are risk-takers and excel in those situations requiring quick decisions and adaptations. In situations where a theory or plan does not fit the facts, they tend to discard it and try something else. They often solve problems in an instinctive trial and error manner, relying a great deal on other people for information. They are easy going with people but sometimes perceived as impatient. Their educational background is often in practical fields such as business. They have a preference for jobs such as teaching, marketing, or sales. (casa colorado teaching seminar Kolb Le...
... middle of paper ...
...wing the correct way to complete a task.
In conclusion, my learning styles can become strengths in my targeted career in much the same ways they have already benefited me. By allowing me to deal with all kinds of people in different situations, and coming up with creative ways to problems and complaints. I suspect that now that I know what my learning styles are, that my organizational, people and interpersonal skills will improve. Now that my learning styles have been defined, I will be able to apply then to difficult task I have had and will have in my career. This exercise has been one of the most informative and beneficial I have had to date and I cannot thank you enough.
casa colorado teaching seminar Kolb Learning Style Inventory Info pdf website. (2008). http://casa.colorado.edu/~dduncan/teachingseminar/KolbLearningStyleInventoryInfo.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Using sight, sound, touch and action to impart information to impart information to students is a nod to the theory of multiple intelligences. A key point to the theory of multiple intelligence is that every individual contains each intelligence to some degree, and everyone is capable of developing each intelligence to a level of competence (Armstrong). Instructors using the theory should be aware that while understanding a student’s strengths allows them to be taught more effectively; it is important to present students with opportunities to strengthen their weaknesses.... [tags: Howard Gardner, multiple intelligences]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- In this essay I will be discussing the importance of understanding learning styles for student nurses. I will also be focusing on the learning cycle and learning style using the Honey and Mumford 80 questionnaire. I look into the details of how learning style helps students to understand the importance of recognising one’s learning style preference. I will also provide an understanding of learning and learning theories and discuss my own dominant learning style and how I aim to deal with my weaknesses to progress well in the nursing programme.... [tags: listening, imitating others, environment]
1509 words (4.3 pages)
- Having deaf parents is something I never thought had a huge impact in my life, till I realized it effected and influenced every aspect of it. While trying to assess my own personal learning style, I had a hard time not getting angry with the single minded exam I was face with. I took a quiz to determine if I was an audio learner or a visual learner. I could not help fighting off their influence and getting overwhelmingly confused. How could learning happen only by one of two means; audibly or visually.... [tags: Audio Learner, Visual Learner, Deaf]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction We are living in a technology-based world. Day by day, the world we live in is developing in various aspects without fail. Along with that, trend in education has been developing to cater for the best of the students. This clearly means that trends in the education system are always changing from time to time. The modernized world has changed people’s perception on how they look at the current trends in education. Speaking about trends, what do we understand about trends. According to Erlendsson (2003) trend in short means ‘a regular change in data over time’.... [tags: Essay on Learning Styles]
1404 words (4 pages)
- What does learning style mean in general. Learning style is simply the different ways a person perceives and process information. Knowing your learning style helps you to understand why you look at certain things the way you do. It also helps you to figure out when and how to use your learning style effectively as well as incorporating other learning styles as well. The way people perceive information typically range from a concrete experience to an abstract experience. People who perceive concrete information are more hands on versus the people who perceive abstract information who are more of the people who take time to analyze and break down the situation.... [tags: education]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- After reviewing the three different learning styles I have come to the conclusion that the one that best fits who I am is a tactile/kinesthetic learner. A tactile/kinesthetic learner is someone who learns best by moving around, by being hands on, and they may even have a hard to time sitting or standing in one place for a long period of time. I know that personally I find it hard to stay alert when someone is lecturing to me. However, when I am able to touch something, or put something together, or physically move around, I am more apt to stay alert and actually remember what I am supposed to be learning.... [tags: Education]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- My Personal Learning Style Wow. I have a personal learning style. If I had given any thought to my learning style prior to this course, I would have said simply, “Some things are easy for me to learn, and some things are not.” Now I can say, “I am a grouper, a top-down learner, an owl, in the C-D quadrants, and my strong intelligences are linguistic, intrapersonal, and interpersonal”. What all this means, still, is some things are easy for me to learn, and some things are not. But there I go again, simplifying the matter.... [tags: essays research papers]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- PERSONAL LEARNING STYLE Who would have ever thought taking a college course would require one to learn how to learn. It is a good concept we normally undergo at a very young age. At the pre-school age one will find children learning their strength and weakness through their playtime. As adults we almost forget we have to learn how to learn to continue growth in our workplace, school, and in life. In our second week of online classes I learned strengths and weakness in my learning style with the aid of learning assessments, personality spectrums, and time management logs.... [tags: essays research papers]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- After completing the Discovery Wheel and the Learning Style Inventory assignments which are presented by the text book Becoming a Master Student (Ellis, 2006, pp. 78-82), I discovered that I should trust my instinct now more than ever. I’ve always felt most confident when I had a chance to implement my knowledge and understanding in a lab or a real life setting. I learned that facts, figures, and examples are important parts in the way I learn. Breaking something down into smaller units and examining these units individually is something I enjoy doing, but that is not my preferred learning style.... [tags: higher Education]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- One of the most important aspects of academic development is providing studies and research to identify and analyse learning styles and recognise how these different learning styles could successfully support students’ successes in the different academic environments. Burden (1994) observes that there are a number of factors generates the differences of learning styles which significantly influence the learners’ results in varied academic environments. This essay will discuss these different learning approaches and how some of their effects could positively influence students’ results in a variety of academic contexts.... [tags: Education, teaching]
788 words (2.3 pages)