So I slept great and I feel great. Its an away game at Saint Francis so that means it 's dress up day. I dress up nice so I look sharp, and go to school. School felt like an eternity my classes felt like they went from an hour to two hours long. I could not pay attention no matter how hard I tried. Finally lunch time comes around and that means it 's half way through the school day. I sit with most of the team at lunch, the whole topic was about tonight 's game which was awesome! Lunch was really good.
After school I went home and met up with a real good friend of mine named Mason. I drove to his house, said hello to his family before we took off to go eat at our favorite restaurant before the big game at seven thirty. He offered to drive, on the way there we had a nice talk about these four years of high school. We talked about how nobody ever thinks these four years never come to an end. We knew it was my last game tonight, and we both basically that it 's a day we look forward too, and yet a day we dread. Pizza ranch went really well. We laughed and cried it was a hoot. I told mason i 'll see him at the game.
I remember driving to the high school while pre game pump up music was blasting, thinking to myself this...
... middle of paper ...
...was a very chippy game I seem to be making most my shots. I look up and the scoreboard says i 'm the leading scorer with seventeen points. Were starting to get on a run. My teammate passes to me, i 'm in the corner for a three and I make it. Then we get a quick steal and we make another three.
The score is sixty to sixty four with three minutes left.. This is the moment it hits me and emotions start flaring. Saint Francis hits a three, now we have the ball and go down and i score in the post and get another and one. As i’m on the free throw line I kinda start tearing up knowing that this is going to be my last varsity game ever. Saint Francis will end up coming back down draining a three and winning the game and advancing on into the next round of sections. I learned a lot about myself and made some great friends playing the last four years and I couldn 't be happier.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout my high school career, I have participated in two Varsity sports: basketball and track. Basketball is the most important sport that I participate in out of the two because I enjoy it the most. I have been on Varsity in track ever since I started the sport Sophomore year. I run track to keep in shape and due to the other athletes in the sport. I have been playing basketball since fourth grade. It has become a major part of my life and has made me the person I am today. I have learned many life lessons from this sport and about being a team player.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Varsity team]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- It was 5 years ago, my eighth-grade year, I was scared and nervous about being the youngest girl on the high school basketball team. I had played basketball since I was in first grade and played on competitive teams with older girls but nothing had prepared me for what I was walking into. We started our first day of practice at 6:30 a.m. on a chilly October morning. Coach Gray sat us down before practice and went over all the many rules he had set for our team. After hearing all these rules and consequences I did not even want to breathe wrong around him.... [tags: Basketball, Game, Aerosmith, Figure 8]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Bzzzz. It was the start of the fourth quarter of the fifth-grade championship basketball game, and we had the lead. Thirty-eight to twenty-three. With only an eight-minute quarter ahead of us, we were confident that we had this game in the bag. By this time, we thought we were invincible, after all, we were undefeated, and we did a comfortable lead. But quickly, this confidence began to reveal itself in our play. We slowed down and lowered our intensity. The aggressiveness and relentlessness that brought us this far were suddenly replaced by passiveness and laziness.... [tags: Basketball, International Basketball Federation]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- High school basketball is not only a mental sport, but, also, a communication game. You must be able to communicate very well to play in Morgantown, West Virginia, especially at University High School. To make the team, you have to be basketball knowledgeable, talented, physically fit, and vocal. After four years of playing varsity basketball, the vocal part of the sport has helped me out in the long run. There are five positions in basketball: point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, and center, but, the most important position is the point guard.... [tags: Sports Basketball]
1434 words (4.1 pages)
- It was a cold winter morning, and I was feeling very tired. The only thing that I knew was getting me through the day was the basketball game. I was walking through the halls going to my classes thinking about what would happen tonight. I had many mixed feelings going through my head from being scared, to super excited. I knew that whatever happened tonight would change everything. The day of a game was always one of the most exciting days. I wanted to be a basketball player. It was getting closer to game time.... [tags: Basketball, Game, Luck, Warming up]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Since before I was even 1 year old, because before I was even one years old, I had a basketball in my hands. Im surprised it wasn 't my first word. it was my dads pray to be able to have a son who would have the opportunity to play college basketball and I am his answered prayer. since i was born basketball was the only sport I wanted to play. from elementary to middle school to high school thats all I played. Now i am playing basketball for Moravian Prep in Hudson North Carolina and I can smell the college basketball opportunity its so close.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Basketball, College]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Basketball is one of the most popular sports in America, and only a few of the NBA stars are considered great. There is only one they call the greatest, with six national championships, and 5 MVPs under his name. Michael Jordan could play basketball so many ways he could make an opponent look bad by just passing the ball. Every fan and every announcer loved to say the name “Michael Jordan” or also known as “M.J.” Jordan was the talk of the country, every kid or fan wanted to have his autograph or basketball card.... [tags: NBA, Chicago Bulls, Professional Basketball]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Lamar Carter known to all as, Vince Carter, was born on January 26.1977 in Daytona Beach, FL. Carter became an extraordinary leader at a young age. Carter used his talent to gain fame and fortune so that he could give back to his community and the less fortunate. During his years at Campbell Middle School he was the only seventh grader to ever play on the Varsity Basketball team, not only was he on the team but he was a starter on the team. While at Mainland High school he was captain of the Volleyball Team, member of the Marching Band and is known to be the most gifted basketball player to grace their court.... [tags: Biography Basketball]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- Another person that has influenced me is an entrepreneur and retired professional Hall of Fame basketball player Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is not only a retired professional basketball player that went to the University of North Carolina but he also hosted a numerous of basketball camps to give children the opportunity to live out their dreams. Mr. Jordan stated. “If you 're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I 've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don 't have to stop you.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Some states have accepted competitive cheerleading as a varsity sport, but cheerleaders still have to fight for recognition as an athlete because of stereotypical views. Fellow athletes do not see why it should be considered a sport because “it is not as demanding as other sports” ("Competitive Cheerleading Fights"). The definition of an athlete is “a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina” ("Omni Cheer Blog"). As an athlete students must demonstrate their skills in front of a crowd.... [tags: Cheerleading, Cheering]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The Rise Of The Mongol Empire
- The Social Of Social Cognitive Theory
- Personal Finance : The Steps Of Home Buying
- The Cultural And Familial Difference Through Research And Visits With The Family
- Politics Administration Dichotomy And Political Representation
- Google 's Application For Writing A Functional Resume