On the night before the first day of high school, I was the most nervous thirteen year old in Decatur! I was not ready to start high school. Would it be scary? Would I make friends? Would I get lost? Will I be able to open up my locker? These questions and many more ran through my head as I was preparing everything I would need for my first day. The first day of high school was amazing! I wasn 't as nervous as I thought I would be, all my teachers were extremely kind, and I didn 't get lost. By the end of the day, I was actually excited to go back to school the next morning. 9th grade ended up being better than I thought it would be. Even though I had friends from my Druid Hills Middle school that came to Druid Hills High with me, I met so many new and awesome people that I hope to be friends with for the rest of my life.During my time in 9th grade, I accomplished so ma...
... middle of paper ...
...e obstacles have made me a stronger person than I was before and I am thankful for them. I also have God to thank because without him, I wouldn 't have made it through these past four years. He was with me the entire journey, even in the moments where it seemed like he wasn 't. With college I will further my computer career making more successful in the field I enjoy doing. The gateway to a good future is college and that is why I plan on going to college. College is the most important goal of my life. It is the goal that I mostly focused on throughout my entire career. This year is the most important year of my life: it is the turning point of my life. The way I act, what I do, the classes I take. Everything matters. My future is before me and I am not sure if I can walk the road which I plan. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "Life is a journey, not a destination".
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At a young age my mother told me that I would always need reading and writing. At that time I wouldn’t listen to what she said because I didn’t like to read and definitely didn’t like to write. Through school I only seemed to improve on one of these things and it never seemed to be writing. My journey through elementary school, middle school, and high school has shaped me into the writer that shows today. In elementary school I discovered reading. My mom would always read to me. Listening to her smooth expressive voice telling the tales of Junie B.... [tags: High school, Writing, Middle school, Paper]
1376 words (3.9 pages)
- Journey through History When I was around the age of 8 or 9, I read lots of books and realized it was so easy to be an author of a book. At that point of my life, I was convinced that I was going to be an author when I grow up. Throughout my life in elementary and middle school, I was given simple writing assignments that didn’t take much thought or research, making me feel as if the writing was effortless. I realized that when I entered high school, I would be writing papers that consisted of 5 to 6 pages long or longer and this would be challenging for me because of my weakness in writing.... [tags: Writing, High school, Essay]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- My journey through academic life has been an unusual one, full of what many would call “educational taboos.” From first grade all the way through ninth, I was homeschooled, taught in my home in the countryside and far away from most any human interaction besides that of my family and my church. My educational experiences were unique to say the least, but I believe that without them, I wouldn’t be at Colgate University today. Meritocracy, the “myth that the system distributes resources—especially wealth and income—according to the merit of individuals (McNamee)”, and its basis in exceptional abilities, was non-essential for most of my life and I believe it gave me an advantage: I was not lea... [tags: High school, Secondary school, Public school]
1428 words (4.1 pages)
- Five years ago, my life was quite satisfying. Not perfect, but satisfying. I had a loving mother, a caring father, four great sisters and a peaceful house. I was young and I could not say that I missed anything because of the lifestyle that my parents created for me and my sisters. However, a set of events that completely changed my life followed throughout the years. When I immigrated in the United States in June 2013, I never would have thought that my journey in discovering myself would have turnout to be the way that it is now.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Secondary school]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Through my four years of high school there is no place I would rather be, than at Hayward High School. HHS has shaped me into the person I am today. Today I am a person who would not give up in myself. It taught me to be strong and that my problems aren’t going to solve themselves. I’ve learned to take control and choose to do better, so that I can be better. Unfortunately, I didn 't start my high school journey at Hayward High, but the time I have had has been the finest years of my life. Before Hayward High School, I went to school in Fremont, California.... [tags: High school, Cheerleading, Sophomore, College]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- The Journey to the Top High school is a one of the most important parts of a person’s life. It is a stepping stone to the rest of their life. It is a journey that people take to prepare them for success in the real world. My journey in high school was quite a crazy one. From having to start as a freshman at a brand new school, with no friends, to working hard in some pretty tough classes to become the senior I am now. It has been rough, but I believe that my journey to the top has prepared me for the success I see for myself in the future.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, 2006 albums]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- In Wayne County there is a wide variety of characters. From doctors, to working class heroes, to flat out low lives. What do all these people have in common. They begin their path to whatever may lay ahead at Wayne County High School. The birthplace of all that is Wayne County. As I have watched and experienced over the years, the journey starts freshmen year. Walking up the hill on the sidewalk, dew still on the grass, through those doors into the biggest building on the whole campus, your judgement day can seem a little intimidating, but one soon learns that Wayne County High is not as scary as it seems.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, School]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyday people receive news that changes their lives forever. Three months before the beginning of my junior year of high school, I was told news that would most certainly change my life forever. I was just sixteen and on my way to being a mother. Yup, that’s right, I was pregnant. When the doctor came into the room and told me that I was going to have a baby, a rush of thoughts came pouring into my head: how will my parents feel and react. What about finishing school and starting college. What am I going to do.... [tags: High school, Mother, High school diploma]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” I’ve kept this quote by Confucius with in my planner so I’ll always see it, because there are times when I’ve felt like I shouldn’t be here. As you know, I’m currently in my first semester of college, here at Western Michigan. I wasn’t worried about transitioning from high school to college, because I felt that my high school curriculum and teachers, along with my parents prepared me for this transition. The only thing I was worried about what upholding the promise that I made with my grandmother and parents.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, College]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- High school is chaotic. It 's a time in a teenagers life that determines the comfort of their future. A majority of accomplishments in the past matters not once a freshman. The only thing of top priority are grades-everything after is second. As an outcome, stress, anxiety, and a lack of social life become overshadowed. Aspen Moore attends Rockdale Magnet High School. She is a 5 foot 4 inches hershey colored Harry Potter fanatic. Her fingers are blessed with the gift of art as her favorite pastime is drawing and playing the clarinet in marching band.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Sophomore]
833 words (2.4 pages)