My interest in the dental industry happened by total happenstance. As a successful cosmetologist, I wasn 't planning on being in this industry nor did I have any interest dentistry initially. By someone 's advice I decided to take a chance on it. Upon my visit to a ten week dental assisting program, I met with an admissions counselor. She, also a cosmetologist, mentioned that she noticed a lot cosmetologists transitioning over into dentistry. That sparked an interest in me to look into other more reputable schools. I thought about the two industries and how much they have in common. Things like dentistry being skill-based and having an aspect of art. There is definitely a certain level of hand skills that you have to have, as well as working with people and bringing up someone’s self-esteem. Correcting smiles and treating ailments that prevent people from eating and smiling is my motivation for dentistry. Upon enrolling at Texas State Technical College, I met some astounding professors who inspired me to go for with my dreams of becoming a dentist. Even after expressing my fear of failure because I had a child, they assured me that I had it in me to do it. I had no idea how much work it would take to get to where wanted to be, but I knew that this was the career for me. It felt so good to finally know my purpose in life. I began motivating other women in my position to push their comfort zone. This kept me head strong on my path because, I knew there was a lot of people watching. Before actually starting my prerequisite for dental school, my main motivation for going into dental school was to help people and I had a genuine interest in all the new technology. All the new advancements in technology that the d...
... middle of paper ...
...er forget being so disappointed by how he handle the situation. As a future healthcare provide, a part of the job is making sure your patients feel like a priority. I never want to lose sight of the bigger picture. I 've learned a lot of lessons through this journey I 've grown through this journey. I have never been a strong student but I am empathetic and compassionate. That is a characteristic that cannot be learned from a textbook or research. With the increasing tuition for dental school, brings about unethical practices. At some point dentists have to remind themselves of why they went into healthcare. If there was not much margin for profit, I would still love dentistry. I am not just investing in my family but in the health of my community. The path to dental school is an intense but rewarding process and I couldn 't be more pleased and excited for my future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My interest in the dental industry happen by total happenstance. As a successful cosmetologist, I wasn 't planning on being in this industry nor did I have any interest dentistry initially. By someone 's advice I decided to take a chance on it. Upon my visit to a ten week dental assisting program, I met with an admissions counselor. She, also a cosmetologist, mentioned that she noticed a lot cosmetologists transitioning over into dentistry. That sparked an interest in me to look into other more reputable schools.... [tags: Dentistry, Dental assistant]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- The career I am currently pursuing is Dental Hygiene. I chose this career in senior year of high school. My algebra teacher inspired me to choose this career path. I always visited with her after class, for she was my favorite teacher and I learned a great deal from her. One day while visiting her, she spoke about her husband and her two dogs. Her husband was a dental hygienist, and she recommended me to explore further into that career if I could not think of one myself by the completion of senior year.... [tags: Dental hygienist, Hygiene]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- I have spent the last few years of my career trying everything in my power not to listen to my inner voice. I finally decided to embrace it and surrender to the fact that my life mission belongs beyond the scope of my 4 operatory walls and the safe haven of my daily practice of clinicial dentistry. As a dentist for the past 9 years, remaining in my thriving referral based dental practice, earning a healthy living in a highly regarded group practice would have been the comfortable, easy route. Each day I was surrounded in supportive familiar faces, working the hours I chose and utilizing a skill that I excelled at.... [tags: Dentistry, Dental surgery, Dental assistant]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Do you know what you want to do when you graduate from high school. For me that’s an easy question to answer. I want to go to college to become a Dental Hygienist. By becoming a dental hygienist I will accommodate a good amount of pay to support myself and my future family. Becoming a hygienist is most likely the best choice for me because I have always been interested in teeth and one of my main priorities is my oral hygiene. But also, I have been told that I am really good at making people feel more comfortable and helping them relax.... [tags: Dental hygienist, Hygiene, Dentistry]
1053 words (3 pages)
- There are many similarities between the three websites. The most important part of working in the office is meeting the oral health needs of the patients. The main duty of the hygienist is to do the routinely check-ups, which include removing plaque. They also give them a better understanding of how to improve their oral hygiene. Education is an important part of becoming a dental hygienist. The most important subjects going into the program include: chemistry, math, biology, health, ect.. Hygienist commonly just get their Associates degree, which is then only two to three years of schooling.... [tags: Dental hygienist, Hygiene]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- The Objective of Total Quality Management Total Quality Management(TQM) is an organisational process that actively involves every function and every employee in satisfying customers needs, both internal and external. TQM works by continuously improving all aspect of work through structured control, improvement and planning activities that are carried out in concern with guiding ideology that focuses on Quality and Customer Satisfaction as the top priorities. There has been many arguments that TQM succeeds only by incorporating a concern about quality for the customers throughout the organisation.... [tags: Total Quality Management Consumerism Essays]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Dental amalgams are a great material that provided major leaps in the world of dentistry. While being such a major advance they have also became an issue of great debate. The mercury in dental fillings has been thought to cause central nervous system complications, an overall diminished well-being in some patients, and Alzheimer. The dental field should incorporate safer filling materials for patients. In this article we will take a look at the history of the silver amalgam and view both the negative and null views of this issue.... [tags: Dental Health]
1858 words (5.3 pages)
- Dental Amalgam Amalgam dental restorations which are also known as silver fillings are the number one choice for restoring teeth. These silver fillings have been used for over a hundred years to fill in cavities where there has been decay. The question many have is “what is dental amalgam?” Dental amalgam is a mixture of materials containing powdered alloy, metals and mercury. There have been some concerns, however about the safety of this mercury containing filling material. According to the Food and Drug Administration, amalgam is in the same class as gold and composite fillings and does not pose the safety concerns as once thought.... [tags: Dental Health]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Interest Groups Interest Group is defined as "an organized body of individuals who try to influence public policy." This system is designed so that interest groups would be an instrument of public influence on politics to create changes, but would not threaten the government much. Whether this is still the case or not is an important question that we must find out. Interest groups play many different roles in the American political system, such as representation, participation, education, and program monitoring.... [tags: Political Special Interest Groups]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Marketing Dental Floss Flossing: A new secret to good health. Introduction: Dental floss is one of those products we never notice on the shelves in the stores and never pay too much attention to in our bathroom. At the same time for many people it is a part of the “before going to bed” ritual along with brushing teeth, taking shower, etc. and etc. Those who don’t use it on regular basis still have it in their bathrooms, because: 1. A mouth hygiene care item in regards to which everybody wants to be unlike everybody and thus follows the traditional patterns.... [tags: Dental Health]
2131 words (6.1 pages)