Before I could fully commit to studying the sciences and more specifically pharmacy, I wanted to get valuable hands-on experience. During my fourth year in college, I participated in clinical rotations in a famous hospital in Beijing, China, where I had the opportunity to interact with staff pharmacists, enabling me to gain a valuable experience at a hospital pharmacy. Clinical rotations also exposed me to a wide variety of cases from the prenatal through the geriatric stages of life. Later, I also participated in an internship program in the last year in college, where I had the unique opportunity to work with pharmacists, doctors and patients. I...
... middle of paper ...
...cally and opened my eyes to the different opportunities in pharmacy. I realize that a career in pharmacy can provide me with many avenues to fulfill my ultimate goal and more importantly, a successful career in pharmacy critically attributes to how to best work with patients, researchers and colleague.
Years later I still look back repeatedly on the day I received my chemistry toy. It was a turning point that keeps me moving forward towards my career goal in pharmacy. In fact, my academics, research, professional and volunteer experiences have collectively helped shed light on the attributes most important to a pharmacist, being analytical, personable, compassionate, and dedicated to the profession. It has been my goal to improve these attributes through further education and I am fully committed and determined to do so as a pharmacy student and aspiring pharmacist.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I’ve always looked up to Pharmacists in my local community when I was a kid. As a person growing up in California, our local hospital was an hour drive away and people relied on Pharmacists for basic medical inquiries more than they do with doctors. As a premature baby, my immune system had been always weak as a child, and whenever I catch a cold or have a minor fever, my parents took me to Dr. Lin, a local pharmacist who has been in the neighborhood for almost nine years. Dr. Lin would hand me sweets while assuring my concerned parents that I will be alright, and teach me about personal hygiene and how to prevent minor illness.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Hospital]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Many different factors were taken into consideration when I was deciding which pharmacy program I should strive to attend. These factors included, most importantly, the quality of education that the program would provide, as well as the cost of attendance and housing and location. In order for me to achieve my goal of becoming an exceptional pharmacist and an integral member of the healthcare team, the Doctor of Pharmacy program that I attend should provide me with a quality education and challenge me to develop more than just the essential qualities of a pharmacist in order to prepare me for my future career.... [tags: Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, Health care]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- My primary interest in a career in Pharmacy came from an overall interest in medicine and helping others. The incident that encouraged my curiosity about medicine was my first severe asthma attack in the third grade. I wondered how medications could me a freedom to breath when every breath had required so much effort. Working as a pharmacy technician for CVS Pharmacy, I found exactly which area in health care my passion was leading to me to, even though I had already shadowed various other types of health care professionals.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Health care, Medicine]
717 words (2 pages)
- Pursuing pharmacy as a profession derives deeply from my self-interest in studying pharmacology and medicinal chemistry. While attending a seminar held at the University of Minnesota by Dr. James R. Fuch, I witness the importance of drug kinetics, bioavailability, toxicity and how drugs are administered. It is then that ignited my curiosity into wanting to learn more about applying chemistry into health care and research. After completing a Drug and Alcohol Pharmacology course and attending various medicinal pharmaceutical chemistry seminars, I was self convinced that becoming a clinical research pharmacist is the right career path.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
708 words (2 pages)
- I selected pharmacy because I have a sincere interest in the field of study and a desire to help people. I’ve always been extremely interested in science, especially in chemistry and biology. I began looking into careers in which I could continue studying these subjects, using the information in a practical way. Throughout my undergraduate career, I have eliminated areas of health care, and narrowed my focus to pharmaceutical health services based on my strengths. I know pharmacists face challenges everyday and I feel that I am driven enough to persevere and find solutions.... [tags: Pharmacy, Health care, Learning, Pharmacist]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Not everyone has a distinguishable moment in their life when they uncover their true calling and I am living proof of that statement. Growing up, I wanted to become a forensic scientist; that dream changed when I took general chemistry in high school. I fell in love with the subject because it made me think about the complexities of the world around us. Three more chemistry courses and one anatomy course later, I decided I wanted to pursue a career in pharmacy. Believe it or not, it was not just the classes that made me fall in love with the idea of being a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Goal, Pharmacist]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Your Personal Essay should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The personal essay is an important part of your application for admission and provides you with an opportunity for you to clearly and effectively express your ideas. My introduction to the idea of pharmacy as a career was the summer before my junior year of high school.... [tags: carerr, goals, degree, camp]
540 words (1.5 pages)
- About two years ago my closest friend passed away. As I sat at her bedside in the hospital I was shocked to see her in that stricken position. I wondered why was this happening to her?Why was she suffering needlessly. Since I was the age of 16, I have had the desire to help others. It first started with my neighbor Cheryl Conel. Cheryl was an intimately close neighbor of mine who I used to work for. As the years went by Cheryl and I became closer and our friendship strengthened considerably. She became my first strong female role model.... [tags: Pharmaceuticals, Drugs, Prescriptions]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- Listening is a very important part in the pharmacy because if you are not listening you might misinterpret the instructions given or the prescription. When listening remember to put all other tasks aside and focus on the patient. While listening you have to be patient and don’t rush the customer. It is best to keep eye contact and nod your head to show that you understand what they are talking about. Be open to the conversation and relax, don’t be agitated because the customer will not feel comfortable.... [tags: Hearing impairment, Audiogram, Hearing]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- For some people they aspire to have a specific career for their entire lives and know exactly where they want to receive their post secondary education. This was not my experience. Honestly, I had an extremely difficult time deciding on the occupation I wanted to pursue because I enjoy numerous, diverse hobbies and see multitudes of careers as interesting and important. After immense research and contemplation I found a career I believe is perfect for me and will allow me to be challenged and grow but also sustain any future financial needs.... [tags: Higher education, High school, Cat]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Explain The Difference Between Financial And Management Accounting
- The United Kingdom
- The War Of The United States
- Do Intelligence And Creativity Decline With Age?
- The Human Resource Online Technology
- A Clear Understanding On Attachment That I Had Obtained From My Class Textbook Development Through Life