All throughout my young life I was told that you have to go to school, you have to do this and that, it was never what I wanted to do. Being the oldest child, grandchild, and niece everyone expected more from me. They expected me to do better than them. My mom expected me to be better than she ever was. My grandmother like most grandparents thought I was good as gold and didn’t do any wrong. My boyfriend expected great things from me. My aunts always said go to college.
My mom had me at 18. She was still in high school. As a young mother there were things my mom wanted to do that she could not. She would have loved to go to college and major in broadcasting. Since I was in the picture that was kind of impossible. So since I started school she made sure I made good grades. I was always told that not going to college was not an option for me. To others it may have seemed like I was forced or pushed to go to college, but I don’t see it that way. There were many stories she told me about how much she wanted to go out and do things but she could not, because she had a young child that need her attention. Seeing my mom struggle with bills or buying things we needed, was a big inspiration to me. I always said I have to better than that and I refuse to struggle.
Throughout my senior year her favorite words were, “you can do whatever you put your mind to.” Anytime there was a problem at school, she was there as soon as she could there. My mom is the type of mom who is ready to set someone straight when there is a problem. She’s not one of those parents who thinks their child is perfect and doesn’t make mistakes. If she felt I was wrong or my grades was not as good as they could be, she was on my case. I knew I couldn’t l...
... middle of paper ...
... Whenever you are feeling down you have to have that extra push to get you through whatever it may be that you are having trouble with. When I first was given the writing assignment I was unsure about who inspired me. I always thought the person you look up to or is inspired by had to be someone who is famous are someone who has done great things. That is not the case. It took me awhile to realize that I have much inspiration around me. I have a great support system. No they might not have changed the world or might not be famous but they have done great things. They have changed my life in so many ways and that has to count for something. I may never be famous or change the world but I hope to one day inspire someone. My goals is to live up to my mom and grandmother expectations they have set for me. I am very hard on myself when it comes down to making them proud.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... While Harper Lee was growing up, a case called the Scottsboro Trials took place. This trial was centered on two white women accusing 9 black men of rape. Harper Lee was young at the time and very impressionable, so it is very clear that the Scottsboro Trials were the inspiration behind Tom Robinson’s Trial. In the Tom Robinson Trial, Tom Robinson, a black man, was accused of raping Mayella Ewell, a white woman. Both of these trials took place in the 1930s, and, in both of these trials, the charge is the same, rape.... [tags: pulitzer prize, trial, prejudice]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- The Original Style of Jon Scieszka Jon Scieszka has an original style that is all his own. Many of his books such as The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs, The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, and The Frog Prince Continued have led several people to believe that he has created a new genre of children's literature: using unique perspectives to retell classic fairy tales. But what motivated Scieszka to become an author. And how does he come up with his innovative ideas. I will answer these questions by discussing Scieszka's many inspirations including his teaching career, students, and his family.... [tags: Biography Biographies Essays]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Schindler’s List, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Jurassic Park, notable movies all directed by the inspiring person; Steven Spielberg. He even produced the Transformers series. No one really knows who Steven Spielberg really is, however, everyone is familiar with the movies he has produced and directed. Steven Spielberg was born December 18, 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio.2 “To deal with stress he would make movies which would be his shield against bullies at school, trouble at home, and any issues he dealt with.”1 He was the oldest child of three sisters.... [tags: movies, entertainment, inspiration]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- When I was a younger, I always loved books that were very vivid. The best stories were the most detailed ones. It felt as if I was being cast on an enchanting vacation in my imagination. Often I would find myself daydreaming about any book I had recently read. In these dreams, I would put myself in the story or add a whole new character. It wasn’t just the pictures that would captivate me. The selectively placed words constantly kept me wondering and wanting more. Reading these types of books inspired me to write the same way.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writing process]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Transitioning from high school to college usually represents the next step in many individuals’ lives. The chapter includes taking on new responsibilities across the board that range from lifestyle to academics. While these changes are daunting, one change in particular has shown to plague many students entering this new stage of life in particular: demonstrating authority in their writing. Learning to implant yourself in your writing is pivotal to being successful in college level academic writing, yet this facet is hardly stressed in the standardized tests given across the United States.... [tags: Education, High school, Writing, Knowledge]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- A Strange Meeting - Original Writing On a bone chilling Friday morning in December, 2000 a tall hooded man got out of a Toyota Supra in the suburbs of London. I was hiding behind a large garbage bin. I came to know that a fight was going to happen between the two most famous gangs in London, The Eagles and The Scorpions. As it was foggy I could not figure out who the man was who got out of a Toyota Supra. But he seemed to be a six foot tall man, wearing a knuckle puncher on his right hand a dazzling Rolex on his left.... [tags: Papers]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The Runaway - Original Writing The sun was just appearing above the distant hills. I was sat bolt upright, in the same position I had been all night. Shivers were running through me and all I could hear was the violent rain and howling wind, rattling the bus stop I had taken shelter in. The road was empty and had been all night. Sudden light blinded me. Houses opposite were just waking. I longed to be inside one of them with someone who really loved and cared about me. Instead I was cold, wet, tired and alone.... [tags: Papers]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- My Hero - Original Writing The person I admire as my hero needs no introduction in reality as he is probably one of the most respected and inspirational people who has ever lived. He had an aim of becoming the greatest boxer ever and eventually reached his goal. This person is Muhammad Ali. Young life ----------- Muhammad Ali who was born on January 17 1942, in Louisville, Kentucky. He was the son of Marcellus Clay, a sign painter, and Odessa Clay, a domestic worker. Muhammad Ali began boxing at the age of 12 under the support of a white Louisville policeman called Joe Martin.... [tags: Papers]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)