With my participation on the team, I saw that the sport not only taught how the sport was played, but life lessons as well. Every tournament we went to, my coach always told us, “Whether you win or lose, show your opponent respect and gratitude.” Because my high school was known for good sportsmanship, we had to represent our school well and we never forgot the concept. This concept helped build my respectfulness and manners towards others and help shape the person I am today. Then, during my senior year on the team, things changed. The previous seniors left and new recruits were moving up and things just weren’t the same. Everything felt off. After a disappointing fall season of team tennis, our coach suddenly left us with no explanation. This caused us to start thinking that it was our fault that he left. People started arguing more and caused chaos within our little t...
... middle of paper ...
... continue my education and not give up.
I know in order for my life goals to be fulfilled, a great amount of hard work and determination will be ahead. Being experienced to being a member of the tennis team has prepared me and made me realize the importance of never giving up when times are rough and caring for others during difficult times. I know these techniques will indeed come in handy with life and furthermore lead me to my goal.
The qualities I have developed on the tennis team have helped me become a better team member and individual. I now find myself volunteering more in my community to provide an example of never giving up and with the realization that someone is always there to help when you need help. Every day I am reminded that I could have given up. But I didn’t and that is what made me a stronger person to go forth and fulfill my dreams and goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- NIU College Essay My high school academic performance has been a Great one. For the last three years of high school academic performance I have been on the Honor Roll. I have made that possible by working hard and studying. Also getting help for classes in a support class during school called Learning Strategies and also going to a.m support and working during my lunch period to do Assignments. The challenges I have had during my time in school were in sciences classes. I have had to get help for my teacher to understand the material that we learned in class.... [tags: High school, College, Academia, Ethnic group]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- My high school softball career I am Kameron Stevenson. I am from a small town in Louisiana called Jonesville where everybody knows everybody. I grew up in a single parent home with my one sibling, my brother. I am going to tell you a little about my life, as a Block Bear. My 8th grade year of high school I was on the softball and basketball team. My freshman year I was on the basketball and softball team, and a BHS Dazzler which is danceline. Softball was my main sport, but I did everything else until it was time to play softball.... [tags: High school, Ninth grade, Educational years]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Battle High School was the football team to win state 5A high school football their first year of being established. Somehow our team Lebanon High School ended up under the lights with them the following year. Through the years of football, I gained some super good friends that I played football with. I would have never guessed that I would have gained so many good friends/brothers through a sport like football. Lebanon Missouri is a football town, they strive off of football. I always remember when I was little going to the high school football games and being so amazed at how many people were there to watch high school football.... [tags: American football, High school]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- I remember those Friday nights in high school going to the football games. Listening to the fans roaring in the crowd and the cheerleaders chanting cheers on the sidelines for their team. While eating nachos from the concession stands, I enjoy the halftime show done by the dance team and marching band. The best part of it all is winning the game, celebrating with friends, and before the night ends listening to the sound of your school 's fight song in the background. I do not know about you, but these were my favorite events to attend during high school.... [tags: High school, Friendship, Middle school]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- It is no secret how different college is compared to high school, but my personal high school experience taught me valuable lessons and ultimately prepared me for the challenges I might face in college. I attended a charter school. It was a very small, uniform dress code, same routine every day type of high school. You go to the same classes, rotating the same teachers throughout the year, and learn with the same people. My high school experience was pretty basic. My only priority was getting good grades so I could get into a good college.... [tags: High school, College, Education]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Going into 9th grade, 8th grade summer I anticipated high school to be this new scary place that I was going to be afraid of. I only knew two people coming from my middle school and one other girl coming from a different school, who I knew from elementary, but had not talk to in a long time. Lucky for me one of the people was my best friend, Khyli. I was beginning high school as the new girl, which I was not excited about. The first year for me wasn’t so scary after all, I made new friends, became friends with Briana again, and simply enjoyed life.... [tags: High school, Friendship, Sophomore]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Once In a Lifetime (High School) The last day of my high school career was fast approaching and I can only imagine how I 'll be feeling when I step out of Lake Marion High School & Technology Center grounds for the very last time. Throughout those four years, I’ve felt a lot of urgency about graduating high school. I remember my first days of high school. I was just at the age of fifthteen that time, and it feels like I enter a new chapter of my life. Scared, nervous and not knowing what to expect that’s was I felt when I first enter high school.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Sophomore]
713 words (2 pages)
- Going into high school I wasn’t what you call popular. I kept to myself most of my middle school, limiting my social status to the friends from my neighborhood. My mother told me that school was my number one priority and everything was to follow. So me making friends was not a big deal to me education was at the top of the list going into high school of things to accomplish in life. My mother had a big, big involvement with my education. She was a teacher herself teaching elementary ESL. So as you can imagine education was big in my household.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Sophomore]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Going into high school, I wasn’t what you call popular. I kept to myself most of my middle school, limiting my social status to the friends from my neighborhood. My mother told me that school was my number one priority and everything was to follow. So me making friends was not a big deal to me education was at the top of the list going into high school of things to accomplish in life. My mother had a big, big involvement with my education. She was a teacher herself teaching elementary ESL. So as you can imagine education was big in my household.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Homework]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- High school is an interesting part in our life as it is. We spend the majority of the week surrounded with people that we dislike, tolerate, or some that we hopefully enjoy. We don 't have an option of whether we want to be there or not, it 's a requirement. A question for many people that have went to the same school their whole life may be is a large difference between going to a larger school or smaller school, and which is more enjoyable. I was fortunate enough to have experienced both, large and small schools.... [tags: High school, College, Graduation, Middle school]
1013 words (2.9 pages)