Having the same relationship with my little brother as I do with my older sister.
My best childhood memory:
Early in the morning fresh from returning from the greatest place on earth Disney World, we would sneak into the kitchen by crawling on the floor like tiny ninjas. We were not looking for cookies or pancakes. The mission was to find the Harry Potter jellybeans, a straw bag full of a child’s jellybean dreams and nightmares. We saw the target…we grabbed it and went on our way. Mission complete. Our parents are deeply sleeping in their bed. Now, we could play our favorite yet disgusting game. First, we would turn on the television to watch Spongebob Squarepants. Next, we would get a pillow to lay our heads when we lay on the floor. Then, came the fun part of the game. We dumped the pack of jellybeans on a pillow, closed our eyes, and picked a jellybean to eat, but the jellybeans were called Harry Potter jellybeans for a reason.
“Yuck! This taste like dirt,” I squealed silently.
“Because it is a dirt flavored jellybean!” she giggled.
We rolled on the floor laughing. After that we would pick and choose the worst flavors on purpose just to see the reaction on the others face not knowing about what time would do to us. The years would come, yet our innocence would run with time. All I want now is to go back to the days when we could laugh and giggle for just five minutes without yelling at the top of our lungs for something we had done in our past.
The older we got the worse the fighting got. She is the girl one would want to party with while I am the girl that one would want to be lab partners with so I can do all the work. She loved going out to parties, and being in the “in crowed.” Yet, the one thing t...
... middle of paper ...
...he looked through the phone. The longer her eyes were on the phone the more angry she appeared. She kept the phone with an intense look in her eyes. She entered the car but strangely rolled the window down. In an instant, she threw the phone out the window. She locked the doors because she knew my sister would run after it. As my sister wept for her lost, my mom drove the car slowly. I could hear the phone being crushed against the pressure of the wheels. That was the first of many silent car rides of many.
Sex, drugs, and parties filled her college years. This all unraveled in front of me, a seventh grader at the time. What a role model. She lived the life of the expected college student. All my standards for her dropped. She was my blood but not my family. I never looked out her the same again. She is not my sister but just Vianca, a stranger I thought I knew.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every time the topic of same sex marriage is touched, different opinions are brought up. It is a very controversial subject. Until a few weeks ago it was against the law to be married with someone whom you share the same sex with. Now that it’s legal will it be right to the eyes of many individuals in our surroundings. Perhaps not. What are future problems that we will be facing now that it is legal or which one will we not face. Comparing the norm many of us have grown up to and the changes that we will possibly undergo after a social change.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- In recent years, issues such as abortion, legalizing marijuana, immigration and same-sex marriage have been widely debated. Specifically, same-sex marriage has been at the center of countless debates among politicians, ordinary citizens, and religious leaders. To clarify, same-sex marriage is between either two males or females. Individuals either oppose or support the legalization of same-sex marriage for both personal beliefs and laws currently in place. Those who oppose the legalization of same-sex marriage, consider marriage a sacred union between a man and a woman not between the same gender.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Relationships among workplace peers are the most common type of organizational relationships. At times, these platonic relationships turn romantic which are often regarded as an organizational issue. A workplace romance (WR) is defined as a no-platonic bond between two members of an organization in which both sexual attraction and affection is present (Cowan & Horan, 2014). WRs are common in organizations. According to a poll by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), found that 40% of employees had been involved in a WR at some point in their careers (Cowan & Horan, 2014).... [tags: Employment, Interpersonal relationship, Hierarchy]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Marriage at a young age -VS- Marriage at a older age Do you prefer getting married at a younger age or do you prefer to wait to a older age. Many people nowadays get married at a young age still. But there is others who wait till they have their career and stability to get married. There is many pros and con is both circumstances. In both theories people has their own opinions and their choices on what they want. Although, marriage can be enjoyed throughout your entire life there is many differences in marrying at a young age and marrying at a older age due to financial decisions, time spent, and independence.... [tags: Marriage, Husband, Wife, Alimony]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- It is a fact; the older adult population is living longer. While many older adults are fit and healthy, others are frail and weak requiring necessary medication. It is more important than ever for all of the healthcare community to be conscious of safe prescribing and the proper use of medicine when taking care of older adults. Analysis and Risks As we age, the use of medication is often increased in an effort to treat illness and disease. In older adults this frequently results in the administration of multiple medications, both appropriately and inappropriately, at the same time.... [tags: age, drug interaction, medicine management]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Having a good role model in my life I thought that things were destined to go good for me, everything was going to come easy, and I will have all the answers. I felt this way because my life was the exact opposite, I had no parents, no role models, and nobody to influence or motivate me. All I had was a bunch of sisters and friends who were all in the same state as me; waiting for a change. Being young living in Chicago I didn’t see or expect something different to happen in my life beside bad things, since that what I was used to.... [tags: Family, Parent, Sibling, High school]
1038 words (3 pages)
- ... I would like to relate a personal experience I recently had that I believe supports the importance of recognizing an individual’s worth, and acting in such a way so as to empower that person, instead of diminishing them. In my community there is a chorale group that performs for local nursing homes and assisted living facilities. They sing songs, they interact with the people attending their performances and they are very dedicated in the service work that they do. They are all seniors as well, in their late 60s, 70s and 80s.... [tags: Self-Empowerment, Control, Life, Self-Esteem]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- The definition of humane is having or showing compassion or benevolence. My entire policy issue deals with the inhumane treatment of animals. More specifically how college students aren’t responsible enough to own their own pet, and how dogs don’t get the correct form of treatment due to irresponsible college students. Many dogs go missing, injured, and killed throughout the year due to them living with a group of college students who have no idea how to raise an animal with the amount of support it needs.... [tags: Dog, Animal welfare, Pet]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Older Workers The aging of the U.S. population is affecting the demographics of the work force. Between 2000 and 2010, the age group experiencing the greatest growth will be those aged 55-64; by 2005, people aged 55 and over are projected to be nearly 20% of the working age population, compared to 12.5% in 1990 (Barber, Crouch, and Merker 1992; Barth, McNaught, and Rizzi 1993). For a number of reasons, including financial need, longer life expectancy, and a desire to continue working, the number of individuals aged 55 and over in the work force is continuing to grow (Hall and Mirvis 1994).... [tags: Employment Jobs Essays]
1956 words (5.6 pages)
- Behind closed doors I saw her tears. Behind her back I heard the laughing. I watched her as she never gave up. So much of what makes me who I am today, I learned from her. She is my older sister, Lisa. I had reasons to admire Lisa other than her being my older sister. From the beginning, everything was hard for her. In elementary school, Lisa wore glasses and was constantly teased by the other children. They were unaware of the emotional harm they caused her. Later, Lisa was diagnosed with a learning disability.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about my family]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Chivalric Identity of Medieval Knighthood
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, The Masque of the Red Death. The Raven, and For Some Wiccans
- American Individualism in Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s The Yellow Wallpaper and The Raven, by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Army's Talking Points Controversy
- Cystic Fibrosis Presentation