P1: There is one part of my grandpa Stans life that has guided me through my life to this very day and will keep guided me on and it is his 110% effort he has always set on his life. Within his 30 years of working with STEELCASE he had never once been late to work, nor had he ever called in sick, or did not work. He was an outstanding worker giving others goals to never give up and stick through thick and thin. Not always did his car work or want to start to get him to work but that never stopped him once. If he had to which he had to, my grandpa used his two feet that he was born with walking to work for miles and miles, through snow, sleet, rain, or hail. It never stopped him, or made a thought go through his head to not go to work. That man could have been as sick as a dog but he still stuck through it making his way to work. This is something that sticks with me forever and always, it is something I think about when I wake up every morning at 5 A.M. to take the city bus to kenowa hills school zone so I can take the school bus to school. Before then I had to walk to my other bus stop or ride a bike through snow, rain or any weather conditions and ride or walk back to my home after school. I am just lucky because I am only a mile and a half that I had to walk compa...
... middle of paper ...
... family where we did not have to see him suffer anymore.
Conclusion: This one person that no one would have guessed has set numerous life goals for me just by him living his life. He has made me realize how precious life is, only allowing us once chance to make an impact to the world around us, to peoples lives and he sculpted my life as if I were a ball of clay. He has pushed me to where I am today, a senior in Kenowa Hills High School. I would not be inches away from graduating if it was not for the impact he had on my life. He gave me the strength to want to go somewhere in my life. Showing me how great I can do for my family, when I do have one of my own, giving them everything I possibly can. Showing my kids, my family the way hopefully impacting their lives the way he impacted mine. My grandfather was one of a kind giving me such hope for my live with my goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Schindler’s List, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Jurassic Park, notable movies all directed by the inspiring person; Steven Spielberg. He even produced the Transformers series. No one really knows who Steven Spielberg really is, however, everyone is familiar with the movies he has produced and directed. Steven Spielberg was born December 18, 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio.2 “To deal with stress he would make movies which would be his shield against bullies at school, trouble at home, and any issues he dealt with.”1 He was the oldest child of three sisters.... [tags: movies, entertainment, inspiration]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Dinner of a Lifetime Often times when you go out to dinner, you bring someone special or important to you. You would not just bring any random person to dinner. That person mostly likely means something to you. There are many people, where if I had a chance to I would go out to dinner with. However, if it came down to a top 3 it would have to be my late dad, Barack Obama, and LeBron James in that order. I know I would have endless questions and statements for them because of how special they are too me.... [tags: President of the United States, Barack Obama]
702 words (2 pages)
- The Trip of a Lifetime Standing tall and confident as if nothing could destroy it, the steel, glowing from the lights, stretched from the ground to the night sky. I never thought it would stand right before me. The only thing I could think about was seeing this in person. As a bright sunset shined through the holes in the steel and people crowded all around me, my eyes gazed up to see layer upon layer of steel which formed the Eiffel Tower. This was the trip that changed my view on lifestyle forever.... [tags: Paris, Eiffel Tower, Bastille Day, Gustave Eiffel]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- The Shock of a Lifetime In late December, there I am sitting on my bed looking at my boyfriend thinking about how much I love him. “Dustin we need to talk” I tell him. “About what?” he asks. “Well I want to know how you really feel about me.” I implore. “I can’t talk about this.” he says as he leaves the room. Laying there heartbroken tears streaming down my face, he walks back in and says “Look I think we need to break up. I care about you but I just don’t think that I feel the same way about you.” Another blow to my already broken heart, we had been dating for two years now, how could he not love me.... [tags: 2006 singles, 2007 singles, Want, Need]
714 words (2 pages)
- Grandpa Pat McGill, Jr. of Wisner, Nebraska always entered a room smiling. Pat fathered eleven children, including my mother, and had over fifty grandchildren, including me. Even though my grandpa and I were not all that close, I admired and respected his kind and gentle nature. He passed away in the summer of 1996, and I didn't get to say goodbye to Grandpa Pat McGill before he headed up to heaven with all the other saints. All but one of the McGill grandchildren were at my grandpa's memorial service.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- An Inspiration “Just try it. It couldn’t hurt to try,” my high-school advertising teacher constantly reminded me. Mrs. Panarelli wanted me to apply for a scholarship given by the business department in my school. I thought about all the other applicants; I had no chance whatsoever. I decided to express my feelings to her. In doing so I noticed a solemn look come across her face. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, “I don’t want you to be intimidated by the other students, their averages, or their SAT scores; this is a very good opportunity for you.” Finally, she convinced me to apply for it.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Grandpa My grandpa was one of the most caring and understanding men that I have ever known. He always found a way to make us happy, whether he was dressing- up as Santa Claus, on Christmas Eve, or building us tree houses. His death greatly affected both my grandma and I. The shock of my grandpa’s death totally devastated me. I found out that my grandpa died one night after my mom picked my brother and I up from day care. We went over to our grandma’s house on a weeknight, which was unusual, because we always spent time with our grandparents on the weekends.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Grandpa Routinely pushing play on the answering machine, as I do every time I get home, I was about to hear the words that would forever change my life. The sorrow and agony in her voice gave away the horrifying news I had been regretfully waiting. My heart sank as I sat and reflected on what had happened. Since I was a little kid, my grandpa, Howard Scheuster, has always been a role model in my life. He was an intelligent man, loyal Christian, prominent family leader, and hard worker, thus I had many reasons for looking up to him my whole life.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Grandpa I knew him as PaPa--not Grandad, Pops, or Grandpa, but Papa. As a little boy, he was the giant at the top of Jack's beanstalk, Poppa Bear of the three bears, and the Genie in Aladdin's magic lamp. He was my hero, my friend, and teacher of life. Once when I was little, he saved me from drowning in the ocean. I'll never forget the feeling I had when he grabbed me by the back of the bathing suit, and pulled me out of the water like a dead cat. Now that he's gone, I wish I could think about him more than I do.... [tags: essays papers]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Sculpture can date back to ancient times, from the Greeks and Romans to Bernini and Michelangelo. The art of sculpture is a record of human experience. It is the skill of producing in three dimensions representations of natural or imagined forms. It includes sculpture in the round, which can be viewed from any direction, as well as incised relief, in which the lines are cut into a flat surface. It captures war and religion as well as individuals and the abstract. People everywhere have found the need for sculpture, whether it is in work, play, or prayer.... [tags: Visual Arts]
768 words (2.2 pages)