My project was about me coaching a U8 girls soccer team. My goal was to have every player on the team learn how to play soccer and be able to play every position on the field by the end of the season. I coached my players by teaching and mentoring them so that they could advance in necessary skills needed to play soccer which were dribbling, passing, shooting, and teamwork. I chose this as my project because my greatest passion in life is playing soccer. I spend around 15 hours a week practicing and playing soccer. So when I decided to choose a project based on my personal interests, soccer was my first choice. I also love to help out others and the community so I spent a lot of time researching ways to influence my community as well as spend time playing soccer. I finally decided to work with my community’s local recreation center and I was assigned a team of young kids to coach.
My area of interaction is community and service because I am providing a service of teaching the kids of my community how to play soccer. I believe that Community and Service was the best choice for interaction because I am not focusing on my personal needs but I am selflessly focusing on helping these children to become active and to acquire new and unique skills.
I plan to asses my goal by using a specific rubric that focuses on the most important skills needed to excel in soccer. The skills I will address specifically are dribbling, passing, shooting, and teamwork. In order to best assess the progress of my players I created a rubric that will specifically address the necessary skills in a simplified form. The rubric is written in questions that express certain goals in measurable terms. The players will be judged based on their ability t...
... middle of paper ...
...ing soccer was meant to be a fun and enjoyable task but ended up being a learning experience for me and the athletes.
Our final game was a great representation of our progress throughout the season because we won with a score of 2-0 against decently good team. We went from being a losing, confused and lacking team to being a well put together and skilled group of girls. It was so sad when I had to give out the trophies and say goodbye. The drills and techniques we practiced every week were effective in helping the team achieve the goal. Each player has improved tremendously since the first day I worked with them. Nothing else I have ever done has given me the pride and satisfaction that my U8 girls team because we all worked as hard as we could to get to where we are now. I cannot wait until next season to see the new group I will have the chance to interact with!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Schools do not have sports teams, only clubs and cities do. Most of the players had been with the same coach and team members since they began learning to play, fostering a trusting and close-knit relationship among the group. I, the foreigner in every sense of the word, naturally felt anxious about how it would turn out playing with people to whom I had only recently become acquainted. “What if I mess up?” “Will I embarrass myself?” Worst-case scenarios were racing through my head, and even the sun could not help my trepidation.... [tags: players, team, coach]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Basketball is America’s past time. But all around the world soccer is the most popular sport. Fans are crazy about their teams and travel around the world just to see them play. Soccer is the most played and watched game in the world. I could never forget the first time my dad and I went to watch Manchester United vs. Real Madrid in the major league soccer game. The excitement began from my house to the stadium and during the time of game. Now, I was six years old, and my dad had me up on his shoulders so I could have a good sight of the game.... [tags: sports, goal keeper, position]
628 words (1.8 pages)
- The European Football, or soccer, as Americans call it, is simply known as football. It is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a sphere-shaped ball. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world’s most popular sport. The game is played on a rectangular field with a goal at each end. The purpose of the game is to score by using any part of the body besides the arms and hands to get the ball into the opposite goal. The goalkeepers are the only players allowed to touch the ball with their hands, while it is in play and then only in their penalty area.... [tags: gameplay, rules, players, equipment]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Pelé Influences the Beautiful Game Many people do not know that much about soccer. If asked about Pelé, almost everyone will say they have heard about him. Pele is one of, if not the most, influential persons to come along and change the game for the better forever. Professional soccer in the United States was not a huge attraction. In the United States, attendance to professional soccer games was well below all other major sport franchises. Average attendance to a New York Cosmos game for the years just before Pelé arrived from 1971 to 1974 was 4,540 people (NY Cosmos, Wiki).... [tags: Biography, Achievements]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- There are certain moments in your life where you choose to pause and take a mental picture to help you remember every detail. For me, this moment took place on the sideline of my sixth grade championship soccer game. As a child, I was never drawn to soccer as a sport. I started playing when I was five for the sole purpose of playing with my friends during the weekdays. I did not even begin liking soccer until three years later when I was eleven. But even though my feelings about it changed, one thing about my soccer career always remained the same.... [tags: Game, Association football, Luck, Football]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- ... “ACL” refers to the anterior cruciate ligament. ACL injuries are quite common in a wide variety of sports. The ACL is one of the four principle ligaments in the human knee. It is often damaged as a result of contact sports, such as soccer, American football, basketball and baseball. When the ACL is damaged, the person often feels a “popping” sensation. The person cannot bear weight on the leg without severe pain. Furthermore, the knee tends to swell significantly within six hours of the injury (Stop Sports Injuries, n.d.).... [tags: fifa, athlete injuries, treatment]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Soccer Vs Football In the world of sport, soccer and football with respect to demographic has had numerous controversies. Although both sport are known famously around the globe, for many years fans from both sides are known for asking, is American football same as soccer. What’s the time limit on both sports. What’s the game objective. Do they use the same ball. However they both have similarities and differences which I will be talking about in this essay.... [tags: American football, Association football]
714 words (2 pages)
- “She shoots, she misses, she scores!” Throughout my childhood, soccer was the rock that kept me stable. At four years old, as I dribbled across the field with a ball at my feet, I was easily distracted by the grasshoppers bouncing from blade to blade in the grass. I fell in love with the game as I scurried around aimlessly, hoping to place the ball in the little yellow-rimmed pug net. My love for the game never subsided, but as the years went by, the game was not as simple as scoring in those little pug goals and watching the grasshoppers hop by.... [tags: Football, Association football, Midfielder]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- What seemed to be a very long and difficult game, the Worland High School Varsity Girls come through to winning the game against Powell. Still remaining number one in the 3A division in the state of Wyoming, Worland has put up a fight regarding their loss against Lander last year at state soccer in Jackson, Wyoming. Worland’s very first game of the season this year in 2014 was against Jackson. The defending state champions were demolished by the Warriors, and Jackson also did not score a single goal.... [tags: being a family in a sport]
1557 words (4.4 pages)
- Who is the youngest athlete in professional soccer. Mr. Freddy Adu. At the age of fourteen, he is the youngest player to play in a professional soccer league. There are a number of benefits by being the youngest player to play professional soccer: a contract with Nike, playing for the DC United team and receiving much media exposure. Many people disagree with his decision and say that he is too young to play professional soccer and should finish his high school education and wait until his body and mind has physically and emotionally matured.... [tags: essays research papers]
694 words (2 pages)
- The Extraordinary Circumstances of Gerald R. Ford's Path to the Presidency
- How to Treat Dyslexia in Our Children, Questions and Answers
- Dementia Vs Delirium
- Description of Some Delicious Mexican Dishes: Huevos Rancheros, Chili Rellenos
- The Common Functions of Oxytocin
- The Influence of Film During War World One