During the course of six weeks, I learned how to set realistic goals and understand what a goal is. Before entering my EDCP class, I assumed goals were very minute things such as going to lacrosse practice or making the team in high school. I never thought to plan for school assignments let alone my future. Goals are characterized by 5 aspects Specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and timeframe (SMART). Goals are what set students apart we all want something different whether it be academic, financial, personal, professional, and health and wellness goals are dear to my heart.
I found out earlier this week that, I was placed into math 003 which is developmental math. In my mind I know I’m better than high school math, for the fall of my freshman year I don’t need any setbacks like this. I said to myself that I need to develop a goal to get out of it as soon as possible, I did some research and found out that after five weeks I can transfer to math 115 or 113. Math 115 and 113 are baseline freshman math courses I’m in developmental math. In order to transfer mid semester (after five weeks) to a higher math, I would have to get approval from my professor of math 003. Transferring will create more work for me, but it’s what needs to be done in order to obtain my degree and further my education on course with my peers. I don’t want to fall behind, my fear is if I stay in math 003 the whole semester I will be playing catch up my whole college career. I want to surpass my peers this is a minor setback that can be attained by my smart goals. My specific goal is to obtain approval from my professor into
a higher math after the required five weeks. The measurable aspects of it is that by taking the course I can ga...
... middle of paper ...
...etirement. Overcoming fears is my personal goal for freshman year because, fear do nothing but hold me back. Eliminating all fears will allow me to gain more opportunities out of my college experience. Having good performance reviews will increase my chances of getting a raise and moving up within my
company. Health and wellness goals are to make sure I live a long life and staying healthy will ensure a better life for me.
Having goals and creating an action plan is more than just talk. One must you clearly state what it is exactly they want and understand what value it holds in your life. Your odds of success are increased if you physically write out your action plan and out it in an open space to view daily. By following the SMART template of Goal Setting you can set goals with confidence and set out to achieve the goals and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After the orientation last fall, I used the goal setting sheet to set only one goal. The goal I set was to manage my time in such as way as to not be completing assignments at the last minute. This first year was bumpy as we ran into various problems related to the move and childcare ,although I started out strong, I slipped back into my habit of focusing only what was due the next class period and catching up on the weekend. My goals this year will include the previous goal of starting assignments early so I am not completing them quickly before it is due, as well as utilizing the Professor 's office hours and participating more in class discussions; a major difference being I will have a c... [tags: Management, Goal, Palme d'Or, The Conversation]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Setting goals for myself each school year is a priority for me. Each year there is always something new that is offered, and like every year this one is no different. However, compared to previous years more people have been introduced into my life. My first college semester goals are to escape my social comfort zone, to be more active with the school and clubs, to continue to work hard on homework, and to also continue to lift weights. I walked into high school knowing many people because of football in middle school.... [tags: High school, College, A Great Way to Care]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- The goals of an effective In School Suspension (ISS) program should include strategies, policies and practices that hold students accountable for their actions and education. Our ISS program will be more effective next year, because I plan to focus more on the educational and social needs of students who are frequently suspended and have both academic and behavioral problems. There should not be any days off when it comes to their education. I plan to seek suggestions from administration, teachers and staff on ways to improve our In School Suspension program and implement changes after discussing it with the AP responsible for ISS.... [tags: Education, Human behavior, Behavior, Psychology]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Technology has had a negative impact on education by causing distractions during class lectures and assignments. The over use of technology is leading to a loss in communication skills and troubles in reading. The use of technology causes many people to have the temptation for cheating in and out of classrooms, resulting in students not wanting to study. Not every student has the capability of connecting to the internet or have contact to technology. This creates difficulties for those students without connection to the internet to complete online assignments or have accesses to their school’s resources.... [tags: Education, High school, E-learning]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Abstract The ultimate result of this paper will reflect my personal goals that I hope to achieve as a University of Phoenix student and which I have been and am trying to pursue and obtain. They are goals that I feel I need to have in life in order to survive, prosper, and succeed to higher full-filling and journeys. In this essay, I hope to convey to the reader how I am optimistically moving to reach these goals, as well as represent to the reader how one can set their mind to determine the goals that he or she needs and/or wants to reach and see that he or she can do it.... [tags: Personal Goals]
1739 words (5 pages)
- My experience with goal making has always been a rough affair. The goals were not a source of motivation or inspiration for me. Instead the goals were a one-time action and were never to be found again once written down. It is not that I did not want to succeed in my goals or get the satisfaction of completing my goals, it is simply that my goals did not fit my specific needs and were not easy to follow. It is only now that I realize my goals were far from specific and measurable, realistic and challenging, and within a timeframe.... [tags: Goal, Term, Time, Motivation]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Two years ago, applying to college would have been my highest goal and accomplishment. However, my current goals and ambitions include not only attending UCLA, but to graduate Nursing school with at masters in nursing. I realized settling for second best was not good enough, in order to excel in college and perform my best in my undergraduate studies I need to be determined, focused, and goal oriented. Being admitted to UCLA and into the school of nursing are goals, which now I feel are very close that I can almost grab them.... [tags: Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Let me start by saying the 2015-2016 school year is off to a great here at Forest City Middle School. We are all quickly getting back into a school routine and are working hard to help all students get back into the swing of school and most importantly learning. The main reason for this letter communication is to invite you to attend a parent meeting on September 14th at 7:00 PM in the Middle School gymnasium. The information shared that evening will focus on the efforts at the Middle School to improve teaching and learning.... [tags: High school, Education, Gymnasium]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Even though next value comes last on the list, it is not far behind in the importance from previous two. Education is another very important part of my life. I truly believe it’s the key to a happy and successful life. As a child I was encouraged by my father to do well in school, while many of my friends were playing outside my dad made me sit home and practice equations. Growing up in Russia, I knew there won’t be any opportunities of attending a college, because of ethnic discrimination. Without my father’s approval, my brother took very popular for Turkish teenager choice; he dropped out of school and started working on the construction site.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- As a student at the University of Phoenix three personal goals that I want to achieve are, first is to complete my bachelor of science in business management in 2 years. Next is to become a better writer. Throughout junior college, writing has always been my weakest point and with the amount of writing assignments required at University of Phoenix this needs to be one of my top goals. Finally is to complete every course with no less than a B letter grade. With making the decision to return to school and taking on the considerable financial burden, receiving an average grade would be unacceptable to my standards.... [tags: essays research papers]
809 words (2.3 pages)