1. My first goal is to continue my education by earning a Master’s degree in Accounting right after completing my bachelor’s degree. The MSU’s Accounting program attracts me for both its reputation and its career opportunities available for international students. It is my responsibility as a future accountant to be really familiar and proficient at the tools accountants use regularly. Achieving my master’s degree will also help me achieving my second goal of becoming a CPA by meeting the requirement of curriculum. Thus, I am professionally and academically motivated to earn a Master’s degree of Accounting at the Broad Business College.
2. My second goal is to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). I plan to take the CPA exam immediately after my completion of Master’s program. The CPA certificate will not only to show my competence in independent work but also promote my opportunities to enter a managerial position. To realize my long-term goal of becoming a partner of Ernst & Young, I must be a role model who is familiar with advanced-level knowledge and certification exam.
3. My third goal is to become an auditor of Ernst& Young after graduating from my master’s degree. I have talked with many professionals at Ernst &Young. The diversity of the internal culture fascinates me. Public accounting is always a good start to learn different sets of skills. I want to become a partner of Ernst & Young someday. In order to accomplish this goal, I will make preparations thoroughly during my study. For instance, I will attend every E&Y event on campus to show my dedication and interests.
1. I am good at mathematics since I was in the primary school. I learned Mathematical Olympiad and earned awards in the competiti...
... middle of paper ...
...y accounting classes yet, I already had an insight in the economic environment and a structure of the financial position for our targeted companies.
Last but not the least, I got my first part-time job working at the Akers cafeteria affiliated to the MSU. Although working in the cafeteria was physically challenging, it was worth doing. On one hand, I have learned many skills such as communication and teamwork skills. As an accountant, good teamwork is very important because I have to work with my colleagues in order to deliver the desired product of our projects. Also, I have to communicate with my customers effectively to precisely understand their needs to avoid mistakes. On the other side, I have a better understanding of the job market. I became more grateful for my parents and it also inspired me to be more hard-working towards my future career as an accountant.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- All of my life, I have loved numbers. No matter what subject I was studying, I would try to incorporate numbers in school. My mom has told me that I would always know how much change I would be getting back after buying something when I was really young. Now, my mom has me take care of much of the financials in our family and I love doing it. These many things have led me to wanting to become an accountant. The amount of time and effort I put into math and accounting classes shows just how much I love the two subjects.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Need]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- As a junior at Elizabeth City State University, I think a lot about what want to do after college. Questioning my plans after graduation and the type of career I hope to get. My goal is to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, plus, to get an accounting job in six months. In that same year I plan on taking my boards to become a Certified Public Accountant. Some of the jobs I hope to consider is to become an Accountant Assistant, Staff Accountant, Accountant II, and a Chief accountant.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- At a glance, accounting might appear as a repetitive cycle of preparing and examining financial statements. However, a brief exposure to accounting has taught me how chaotic it can be for accountants. An accountant captures and represents the information of businesses. By reviewing financial operations, an accountant helps a business run efficiently. This profession can be intellectually stimulating and rewarding. After learning about accounting, I cannot help but be interested and desire to work toward a degree in accountancy.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- I transferred to Towson University from Montgomery College on Spring of 2016. At my previous institution, I obtained a Business A.A. after having completed 62 credits with a GPA of 3.7. My high GPA awarded me with a partial scholarship and admission into Towson University’s Honors College. My grades for Spring 2016 were 3 A- and 2 As for a cumulative GPA of 3.8. So far in my undergraduate studies, I have obtained 1 C, 2 Bs and 21 As. Compared to the average Towson University GPA of 3.3, I’m well above the average.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Accounting is the art of recording, summarizing, reporting, and analyzing financial transactions. Many accountants produce and analyze financial reports. A good accountant can develop a system that will capture all of the necessary details to make the business successful, weather it is managerial, projection, analysis, financial reporting and tax reports. In any business, doesn’t matter how big or small, financial statements are very crucial if achieving success is your ultimate goal. Accounting can be a really broad topic and this paper will focus more in tax accounting and the requirements tone must need to reach a good job position.... [tags: certification, salary, career]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- For the interview assignment in Team Dynamics, I chose to speak with Dan Kidd. He is a self-employed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), who lives in Cullowhee, NC. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting in 1972 from the University of South Carolina. For the next five years, he earned his CPA and increasing management positions in a CPA firm. Except for a couple of years, he has held a private practice since 1977. Due to recent changes in professional standards, Kidd has also received the credential of Chartered Global Management Accountant, (CGMA) which shows he “achieved proficiency and leadership in management” (“AICPA CIMA Joint”,... [tags: Dan Kidd, certified public accountant]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- When I started my college career, I believed that I wanted to go into politics and become a senator one day. As I attended classes for this major, however, I discovered that was not what I wanted to do and switched to Business Administration, as I have always had an affinity for business and believed that it would provide me with a good job one day. For this degree, I had to take an introduction to Accounting, and during this class I learned that this was something that I seemed to not only to have a knack for, but something I enjoyed.... [tags: High school, University, Middle school, College]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- A very challenging, yet rewarding, accounting certification is the Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Since it can be a long and challenging process, becoming a CPA is not for everyone. People who want to work in public accounting should pursue this certification because it is a necessary requirement in order to work in that setting. If someone wants to work in tax, a CPA certification is necessary for that as well. Moreover, those who want to hold higher positions in a company, such as a controller or Chief Financial Officer, will more than likely need to be a CPA first.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- • After my four years of college, I am going to stay an extra twenty hours so that I can sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam. During these hours, I will be taking the necessary classes to major in both accounting and finance. By majoring in both of these fields, more job opportunities will become available. Some businesses are looking for a person that can do the job of an accountant and a finance officer. By double majoring, I am potentially increasing my salary in the future. • After I graduate in the fall of 2017, I will begin looking for a job.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1735 words (5 pages)
- “By Failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” The great mind of Benjamin Franklin said that and it connects with many aspects of every day life. One that it connects to greatly is communication. Right now my future plans are to become a certified public accountant. “In this job with how global it is becoming you are constantly communicating.” Which was said by Miss Lauren Kolarik. “Communication is very important,” she continues, “in this job you use every type of communication.” There is conversational communication when you are working with your team in auditing a company, there is professional communication when talking with a partner and there is written communication when writing... [tags: Writing, Communication, Nonverbal communication]
966 words (2.8 pages)