My portfolio represents the academic rigor that I have in becoming a doctor because I was able to take classes including: Biology, Anatomy, and AP English. I had chosen these academic areas be...
... middle of paper ...
... everyday. I believe that it felt different, because I knew I had to focus and once I did that I was able to hold onto that information and keep it into my brain. The outlook that I have on life now compared to when I started high school, is so much different, because now I see how much competition is out there in the world. Knowing that made me work harder for my grades and gave me a boost of encouragement to keep up with the competition. Spending the last four years at Duarte High School will be something that I will never be able to forget. It had every experience that I believe was necessary for a high schooler, it contained fun, laughter, depression, and sometimes a little drama; the most important one of all is being able to sit in a class room learn. Doing these things and achieving good grades, today makes me able to say that I am a college-bound student.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. On May 27, 1998, I, Mani Kallupurackal was born in Trivandrum, India. I lived in India for around 7 years then moved to Arizona. I stayed there for another six years and finally moved to florida when I was thirteen and eventually ended up in an IB English class, writing this career paper. I feel enjoyment in a lot of things whether it be playing saxophone, doodling, hanging out with my friends, or simply sleeping. Although, I think I like working at my job at Mathnasium the most. I always had fun from the first day I started working from interacting with the students and teaching them math.... [tags: Surgery, Physician, Surgeon, Robotic surgery]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- As a child I had always been interested in medicine and the medical world. My passion of learning about the human body started when I was younger. I encountered many health problems throughout my toddler years. I looked up to the doctors and medical staff around me and continue to look up to them, they were and are still my heros. That is why my goal in life is to become a general surgeon. I want to be able to save many lives since it is possible now to do so now. Responsibilities of this job occupation includes providing medical attention, offering emotional support, and helping patients with other ailments.... [tags: Physician, Hospital, Surgery, General surgery]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- From a time, longer than I could remember, I had always known that I wanted to have a career in the medical field. My first choice was in Obstetrics, then after a few years, it changed to Dentistry. It was not until around the age of 11 that I discovered the career that I wanted to pursue after college, which was Orthopedic Surgery. Now to this day, this has been the first career choice that I still follow, research, and can proudly say I still hope to obtain. Truthfully, I can say that I did not really have anyone who particularly influenced me to choose the career path that I desire.... [tags: Physician, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
717 words (2 pages)
- In my life dreams have become an essential part of survival and thriving, dreams provide insight into my mind, and help me to better understand myself. For me dreams have become an embodiment of all my desires and aspirations, these quick bursts of images are at the very essence of the life I want to lead. Dreams are a quintessential part of my life, and they act as positive reinforcements to direct my energy into efficient, and beneficial activities for myself. With time and maturity, I have come to understand that dreams constantly change, with a changing in interest and different experiences in life.... [tags: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- I remember that cloudy Monday as I walked to school in excitement as I knew baseball try outs started that day. I got up extra early out of excitement to watch baseball videos and I made sure all my gear was packed multiple times. The school day was a rough one just because I was very eager to out perform all the competition. After the last bell rung I made my way toward the field along with all the other players with the same goal as me, to be part of the team. I gave everything I had and was sure the coaches knew what I was made of.... [tags: baseball, team, goal, practice]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- After I’ve my research about health profession careers, I am now most interested in becoming a cardiovascular surgeon because it’s a field of medicine that deals with one of the most essential organs of the body, the heart. I made some research about medicine schools in USA and I’m tempting to apply for John Hopkins University, USF, and Yale University. John Hopkins is a world leader in medical research and education which makes one of the best medicine schools in the world. John Hopkins requires a bachelor degree with a competitive GPA wand specific science courses including Biology with laboratory, Chemistry with laboratory, Physics with laboratory, Mathematics, and Humanities, Social and... [tags: Medical school, Physician, Chemistry, Surgery]
707 words (2 pages)
- Cutting edge, revolutionary, amazing, are all words to describe Dr. Redmond Burke at his profession, pediatric cardio thoracic surgeon. He recognizes the responsibility of holding a child’s heart in his hands and loves every second of it. “The babies hearts are like snowflakes, they are never the same” he quoted. These incredible healers treat with special care to fix both congenital and acquired heart problems in children. (LifeSpy) Pediatric heart surgeons have the best knowledge and experience to help a child with heart problems, due to the vigorous years of training that are required for this profession.... [tags: biography of Dr. Redmond Burke]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Becoming a successful teacher is a goal I have set for myself. Teaching has always been something I have wanted to do because of my influences throughout my life. When I become a teacher I hope to accomplish many things with my future students. By the time I finish teaching I hope to leave a legacy, and hopefully inspire other students to become teachers as well. Why I want to teach I want to become a teacher because I want to help children in the best way possible. I believe that is through a substantial and positive education experience.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Last March, an undefeated basketball squad faced a tragic loss, and unfortunately it was not the game. An undefeated season was on the line for the Fennvile Blackhawks, and the whole town was in attendance. The game went into overtime and Wes Leonard was ready for it. Seconds left in overtime, the score was tied again. It was the last play of the game, and Wes Leonard drove to the basket for a lay up, putting them up by two. Time expired and fans rushed the court looking for the hero that made that game winning basket.... [tags: Health, Diseases, Cardiac Arrest]
2233 words (6.4 pages)
- Career: Pediatric Surgeon He’s out cold. Slow heartbeat—about 35 BPM (Beats per minute.) It is too soon, he’s too young—only twelve. We rush him into surgery. As we do so, I catch a glimpse of his family—the pain and guilt all too evident in their faces. “WHY HIM?!” his mother cries. I have to save him; so they can get better. We enter the operation room and I am given the run down on Isaac’s condition. His parents, uncles, and aunts were having a party and he was being neglected. In order to get attention, he drank too much and as a result, obtained alcohol poisoning.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Specialty]
1053 words (3 pages)