I started to lay the foundation of my future at Oakland University. I studied health science and obtained my Bachelors of Science in Health Science with a pre-health professional concentration. During my undergraduate years I dedicated an abundance of my efforts into running student organizations. This is where I found my passion. Learning the vast inner working of organizations and developing ways to improve upon them is what I find intriguing. During my last year of undergrad I landed my first position at Beaumont Health Systems. During my first few months of work I came to the realization that my love for the health field and my passion for organizational management collide within the organization. There are many individuals working as management and administration in order to keep Beaumont Health Systems functioning and continuously working to impro...
... middle of paper ...
...mprovement as an existing opportunity.
In order to forward my career I am pursuing my Master of Business Administration degree from South University. With this degree I am anticipating enhancing my career by taking the knowledge gain from my continued schooling in combination with my work exsperience and applying it in a management position. My current short term career objective is to work in management in a hospital setting. Well, my long term career objective is to work in administration in a hospital setting. These objectives unify my desire to make a positive impact on those in need by working in the health care field and my passion of organizational management. If chosen for this Administrative Fellowship I would bring my positive and optimistic attitude to the table, with the intention to make work enjoyable. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Forgotten City This paper will discuss the many unique aspects of Oakland, California. Divided into five major parts, Oakland is a very diverse city. The five major parts include: Downtown Oakland which is located in the heart of the city, East Oakland which consists of the majority of the city, West Oakland, North Oakland, and the Oakland hills where the terrain is quite different from other parts of the city. While many may perceive the population to mainly consist of African Americans and Whites, there is a significant growing population of Latinos, and Asians.... [tags: essays research papers]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- Is the Loop Bus as beneficial to students as it should be. The SGA Loop Bus is a service provided to Duquesne University students by the Student Government Association. It is a three fleet bus system that provides transportation from Duquesne University to Southside, Oakland, and Waterfront that is operated on Friday and Saturday during the academic school year. It is the subject of one of the major gripes with Duquesne University and is not quite what it is cracked up to be. There are many consequences due to the inconsistencies of the Loop Bus making it not only irritable to wait for but places you in danger.... [tags: Duquesne University, SGA, Pittsburgh]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Drowning in Debt "I 've had to compromise who I am . . . because I started down a path that I couldn 't turn away from. Student loans aren 't hope. They 're despair."(Rolling Stone) College students are the future of America, yet many of them are being punished for getting a college degree. They are told that college degrees are the right thing to do, and will get them a better job. But they are not being told about the debt that comes with it. You go visit colleges, see their campuses, and are sold.... [tags: Debt, Higher education, University]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- THE SWANSON SCHOOL AND ME: A NEW BEGINNING THAT WAS LONG IN THE MAKING MY LEGACY UPBRINGING CONTINUES It has been my dream to be a student at the University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering (SSOE) since I was a little girl. As a child, I grew up listening to my grandfather’s stories from when he obtained an Electrical Engineering degree from the University of Pittsburgh (Pitt). He often spoke of the many wonderful opportunities presented to him during his schooling as well as his careers at Hysol, Westinghouse Electric, and Allegheny Power as a result of his renowned degree from Pitt.... [tags: High school, College, University of Pittsburgh]
1042 words (3 pages)
- I grew up in a middle class family, and as a young boy I depended on my parents to help me when I needed help applying a Band-Aid or when I needed help with my homework. Then, there came a time in my early teenage years when I didn’t want my parents’ help anymore, and I wanted to do everything on my own. However, throughout my rebellious stage, my parents never stopped believing that I could follow my dreams if I applied myself and got a higher education than a high school diploma. Later, they reminded me that I needed to put myself through college because they could not pay for all four of their children’s college education.... [tags: Education, College, University, High school]
1529 words (4.4 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- We were tasked on creating promotional collateral for the Oakland Zoo. This meant creating a brand new logo and identity for the zoo which proved to be harder than I though because the logo needs to represent the whole organization in the simplest way possible. The Oakland Zoo’s older identity seemed outdated to me so I wanted to revive their logo and bring it to a modern audience. For the brochure the main problem that I have isolated was how to get the parent’s attention, who would eventually pay for the spring break camp.... [tags: Typography, Graphic design, Project, Audience]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Allen versus the city of Oakland was one of the largest lawsuits filed and won against the Oakland Police Department for police misconduct. Misconduct has always been an issue with law enforcement. Starting in the early years of law enforcement there were policies set to keep officers from committing these actions. In time, the policies have been changed, reconstructed, and updated to increase effectiveness and efficiency. To get a better view on how these policies are implemented, the actions of the police officers in Allen versus the city of Oakland will be examined and the justifications for their actions will be reviewed.... [tags: police misconduct, case laws]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
Academic Skills At University 's Standards Propitious For University And Current Or Future Vocation Paths
- Are academic skills edified at university’s standards propitious for university prosperity and for current or future vocation paths. The debate about whether critical skills are an indispensable requisite has been a phenomenon ever since higher academic fields have introduced this concept into their literature. Critical thinking can be generally defined as the facility to visually perceive logical imperfections in an argument however critical reading can be defined as the process of reading that transcends just understanding a text it involves carefully considering and evaluating the reading by identifying the readings strength and implications .This essay will examine why academic skills wh... [tags: Critical thinking, Logic, University, Academia]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- About eighty years ago, engineers were able to build a bridge on time and within budget with no problem; today, most of the projects take extra time and money to finish. What exactly happened between now and eighty years ago that caused such a drastic shift. It is clearly not the engineers nor the technology; in fact, those have only improved over time. Today, engineers are faced with much more than designing and building the infrastructure, as they were before. They compete with politicians for funds, fight for the safety of workers, and protect our environment by adhering to the numerous laws and acts set forth by the government.... [tags: Transportation, bridge]
1881 words (5.4 pages)
- Application Of Practitioner Reimbursement For Services From Third Party Payers
- Critical Thinking : What Is It Good For?
- The Objectives Of The Organization Of Board Of Directors And The High Level Executives Within An Organization
- The Civil Rights Act Of 1964
- The Problem Of Underage Drinking
- The Lincoln Electric Company ( Lec )