A few months ago a bunch of coworkers (I was not there, but the results of the night and what happened are well known) went out for drinks, it resulted in a few people having too many drinks and starting talk smack about our bosses. It just so happened that one of the people in attendance recorded the conversation. The following morning was awkward to say the least, within the next few days most of the people who attended had requested transfers. To make up for the five employees that transferred we got a few transfers and new hires as well.
She had half her head shaved; she walked with swagger and looked at you as if she would punch you without hesitation. She looked like punk rocker with an I do not care attitude. As I walked up to her to introduce myself, so noticed she worked with experience. She told me she was a transfer; this was her third store in one year. She, told me “I have a cussing problem”, she cussed out a coworker at her last store. She said this is my last shot. My initial perception was, they got rid of this stores problems and the sent us another stores problems. That day, she assigned to work alongside me in my section. She asked who ran, this section, without waiting for a response she followed up with cause “this idiot hasn’t rotated the product in for...
... middle of paper ...
...“Brian, people like us work best with our backs against the wall, when all shit is going to hell” I never considered me and Tracy the same type of person. I started analyzing some her characteristic and saw many of mine, momentary anger issues, moment when you can call anyone out for anything, a reader. Both of us have been told we have potential yet people see us as under achievers. My initial perception of Tracy has lingered and popped up repeatedly, I never realized we were so much alike, I always saw myself in favorable light. I like Tracy; I like her a lot and have often used the “halo affect” with her, when she flips out on peoples. My initial perception of Tracy was that she was tough and had and I do not care attitude. I have realized, that Tracy cares a great deal about the world around her, and how the world sees her very different from my initial thoughts.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendship has evolved into a whole new abstract that not everyone can understand. With the technological advancements that we humans rely on so much, friendship has morphed into digital pixels that are released throughout the internet, rather than a one on one physical interaction. Does this mean that man has now created a new flaw in social interaction. Well not really, in fact the digital and physical are connected in more ways than one may think. Friendship. What does is it mean exactly. This is a question that has intrigued philosophers for many centuries, and I honestly do not think it is a question that can be answered.... [tags: Friendship, Sociology, Love]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Friendship is central to one’s life because friends it can contribute towards shaping someone’s personality as well contribute to who we want to be in the contemporary society. Aristotle agreed in his Book VIII of the "Nichomachean Ethics" that friendship exists in three broader forms: friendship based on utility, that based on a shared appreciation of the good, and that based on pleasure (Percival, 2015). Similarly, Cicero, the Roman philosopher who lived in a different time and place, contended in his writing that "On Friendship": "Let us, then, lay down this law for friendship: we must not ask wrongful things, nor do them, if we are asked to" (Mews, 2009).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Friendships is a distinctively personal relationship that is grounded in a concern on the role of each individual for the benefit of the other, for other’s sake, which involves some degree of intimacy. Aristotle evaluates the question of whether friendships should or should not be broken off when the other individual changes a sense of personality. Friendship is impossible when there is too great a gap between people and often two friends will grow apart if one becomes more virtuous than the other.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Nicomachean Ethics]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Friendships are as strong and as delicate as glass, they can survive a lifetime of use but all it takes is one fatal fall for it to be shattered forever. Sometimes people stay in a friendship long after they have been shattered by it, this is when the glass takes on a new complex. Miss matched pieces fit together imperfectly and everything looks distorted when you look through it. One person is hurting and the other hasn’t noticed a change. Our friendship had always been a bit one sided but, it took a long time for me to realize that wasn 't because of me.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Love and friendship are related terms, there is almost no difference between the two, however these two words actually have different definitions and different meanings to other people. Experiencing love and having friendships can bring out the brightest moments in one 's life. They become the source of positive energy and joy in our lives. However, love and friendships end up causing problems in our lives, and bring about frustration and confusion. Love is an affection we feel for another person, friendship is the most important thing in the world to me.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Love]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- Friendship Through our life we tend to have different kinds of relationships. For example, our parents are the first connection that we had as relationship, and in the majority of the cases parents become in our best friends. Later on, in school we discover friends, and this is the motivation and the most exciting part to go every day because we want to spend time with them. Then, romantic attachments take place in the list, and friendship is the first step to achieve this phase. In every stage of our life we make friends, and one of the greatest gifts of life is friendship.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- The human survival is based on friendship. From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets all of them have experienced in some way or the other one of these different kinds of friendships. We take this friendship for granted because it is something that exists naturally in society and most of us never really have to actually go out into the world looking for a friend. Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings have learned how important this is in life.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendship I jumped into my bed, exhausted from my late-night babysitting job. It was past midnight, and I was looking forward to sleeping since I had to get up for work in about eight hours. Normally, I would have pulled my big, fluffy down comforter up to my chin right away, but my body felt as if it were on fire with fever. A bad cold had hit me, just as it always does during the mid-spring season. I could hardly breathe, and my head was pounding. I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep about an hour later.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Friends "Friends have a unique loyalty to one another. This loyalty comes not through a sense of duty in the way one may show loyalty to family, kinsfolk or country. Theirs is born out of love, trust and respect. Nurtured on care and understanding. A perfect loyalty that will survive every hardship and endure the rigorous test of time." --Stuart and Linda Macfarlane-- The Love Between Friends, a Helen Exley gift book Friends, some are just acquaintances, others I truly care about. A select few of my friends have become like brothers and sisters.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1409 words (4 pages)