The bartender, Amanda, comes up to us, asks what we watch to drink with a half-smile. She is dressed in San Jose Sharks tank tops layered over each other, and a San Jose Sharks hat. Kelli orders her drink, and I order mine. Amanda does not ask to see our ID cards this time, and she keeps my debit card as she did last time. The bar is much quieter this time than it was before. We sit at a nearby table as I write a few notes, there are two people who are sitting in the back of the bar. A White man in his late thirties, early forties, (later identified as “Chunk”) had his feet up on a barstool as he spoke with a woman. The woman, (later identified as Shannon), is White and in her late twenties, dressed in a floral dress and holding a jacket, crossing her legs. Three men who were having a conversation at the bar, left almost as soon as we sat down. One of the regulars, Tom, was there once again, and he was keeping to himself.
At 9:00 PM, we got up to move to the other side of the bar. A heavyset Black man (later identified as Ato) who is 37 years old (which is disclosed later in the night), was passing by us when he says, “I hope you guys are leaving, stick around! The show is just about to start.” We assure him that we’re simp...
... middle of paper ...
...re upset about their loss of self-defense, Alex asked herself, “We had a gun this whole time? And I’m trying to hang myself like a French peasant?” There are a few uncomfortable chuckles before Alex ends her bit.
I get up to close my table at 11:07 PM. “Thanks, love,” Amanda says as she retrieves my card. Before we can leave, there is one more comic who tries a variety of characters for the audience, including one that is supposed to be a “psychic”. He has a myriad of penis jokes before he gets to my friend and I, who he states watch too much of The Kardashians, and points to me specifically and says I could drink him under the table. As we leave, Ato is back on the microphone and asks if we are going to come back which I say we are not, and we hope he has a good rest of the night. He wishes me the same and says to the audience that we were there from the beginning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Case: Two individuals Pier and Thui with a group of friend arrived at the skiing club for skiing activity, They both were professional individuals who were able to cope with all the snow surfaces and gave two three attempts from the top of the mountain which was led by a lift, Pier and Tui signed a contract before initiating the skiing activity. That contract had two pages of conditions which are supposed to be signed each individual. The signed it and didn’t retained or understood the terms and conditions of the contract.... [tags: Tort, Common law, Punitive damages, Tort law]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Passing the Bar Our social environments often change depending on the stage of our life. From arcades in the mall as children to bars in the area as mid twenties college students. We often find ourselves always looking for a zone of familiarity. Bar culture is one that becomes a large staple of millions of people each year. During the economic recession of the Bush era administration of America. Barswere one of the few places of businesses that didn 't face rocky investments or failing business to the degree others did.... [tags: Appeal, Law, Bar association, Trivia]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- This is a Torah portion that I feel represented my values as a whole. The portion is a part of the Parsha Ha-Shavuah which centers on the story of Sarah (Abrahams wife) having a baby at a very old age, and the details around that. Included in the part that I’m reading, theres emphasis that you should be generally hospitable towards others, and that families don’t always follow “Traditional” patterns. Now, let me explain my values and how they fit into that Parsha: Humor- Humor is important to me because it helps me keep a fresh, clear outlook on life and just generally brightens someone's day- or my day- in general.... [tags: Bar Mitzvah Speech]
2051 words (5.9 pages)
- Kelli Stapleton a mother who deals with struggles to her fourteen year old autistic daughter named Issy. Throughout the blog, the “Status Woe”, Kelli talks about her struggles and sportiness she has to her daughter Issy. Begins how a teenage daughter with autism with violent rages come to fear in Kelli Stapleton life (Stapleton). Clearly Kelli’s mind she had always picture that Issy was going to get the treatment she need and that Kelli’s life was going to change. In Hanna Rosin article it states that Kelli would have conflicts to herself whether she wanted to end herself and her daughter’s life stating they both where going to heaven together.... [tags: Prison, Life imprisonment, Family, Phil McGraw]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- An Analysis of Milton's On His Having Arrived At the Age of Twenty-Three John Milton is one of the most famous poets of the English language. Even though his works are not many, he is considered the greatest writer in English literature. In John Milton' s works we can see the problems of the English society and his own too. Such a poem is " On His Having Arrived At the Age of Twenty-Three" because it shows the concerns that Milton had about his career when he was young and still hadn't chosen his own way in life.... [tags: On His Having Arrived At the Age of Twenty-Three]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Medieval Ballad vs. Modern Interpretation in Get Up and Bar the Door An often used literary form in Medieval English literature was the folk ballad, an example of which is "Get Up and Bar the Door." A typical ballad is humorous, its author is unknown, and it focuses on one subject. This subject and the events of the story are conveyed both by the words written and those implied. The implied thoughts are conveyed and emphasized using a variety of literary techniques such as symbolism, repetition, and rhyme.... [tags: Get Up and Bar the Door Essays]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Bead Bar Network Design The purpose of this project is to identify a computerized system that will align with the Bead Bar’s company goals. The Bead Bar is a company that supplies customers with workshops and materials to produce their own costume jewelry using items such as wire, beads and string. The Bead Bar is 1.5 million dollar company founded in 1998 that employee 15 full-time employees and 20 part-time employees. The company has three divisions that consist of studios, franchises, and Bead Bar on Board.... [tags: Network Bead Bar Business]
1622 words (4.6 pages)