Around my second year of high school, one of the students in my school began to bully me. I was bullied in such a way that I was scared to be in my own home and in my own community. The situation I was going through didn’t allow me to live a normal and healthy life. I couldn’t walk home by myself without feeling like I was being followed, I couldn’t ride the bus home, I wasn’t allowed to have friends, and I couldn’t conversate with my classmates because he was everywhere! Although I was aware of all the help that my school and my local church provided, the fear that this bully had implanted in me was far too great. He would continuously threaten me to keep me from speaking up and exposing him and what he was doing to me. Over time, on top of my previous academic, financial and personal insecurities he placed a brand new layer of insecurities on top of the ones ...
... middle of paper ...
...ut my parents through debt; that’s when I found out about the Bridges to Success scholarship. The Bridges to success scholarship program provides students who face challenges financially or academically, with the opportunity to attend college. In addition, it helps students reach and fulfill their educational goals. The Bridges to success scholarship program would provide me with the chance to attend school without placing a burden on my parents and on myself. I would be able to devote myself completely to my studies and my career knowing that I have the support that I need, financially and academically. The goal I wish to achieve through this program is, to use my life experiences and knowledge to help families and communities through Social work. The Bridges to success program would not only help me and my financially but it would also help me achieve all my goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The bell of Highland High school rang and all the doors swung open. Students were rushing out of the school’s entrance. I hurried my way out of the school and decided to go to a store close by. It was a ten-minute walk. On this particular day I was craving some powdered donuts. While I was in my class I would think about how soft and delicious they would taste after a long day of learning things I didn’t find interesting. As I was walking to the store I thought about how boring my first year of High school is.... [tags: English-language films, High school, Digestion]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- It was a nice day in January; a thin brightly lit snow layer covered the ground. It was as good as any day to recognize her feelings for me to be the same as mine. Everything that day was as tranquil as a library and relaxed as the first year of high school. It was January 17, 2015 and one girl has just recently abruptly dumped me for the third time. Her name was Kassie and our on and off relationship spanned across three years but I digress. Life is a rollercoaster; it has its vicissitudes, everything new, and every person experiences it differently, but it also has no guarantee that the momentum from the drop will carry you back to the top.... [tags: Love, Mind, Thought, Feeling]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Narrative Essay It all started my sophomore year of high school. People always tell you that when someone knocks you down, you should always get back up and keep trying. I had this mindset at the beginning of my sophomore year, but I ended up letting a teacher knock me down to the point where I did not get back up for a couple years. I never expected my second year of high school to go so awry. Nevertheless, I was able to move forward and leave my negative experience behind me. I went to Sandia High School for my freshman and sophomore years.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Grade, Anxiety]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- Throughout my life, I’ve always had big dreams and goals set for my life just like everyone else. I would constantly daydream and picture myself fulfilling my dreams. But, when the time came to actually plan out how I was going to reach my goal, I couldn’t figure out which path would lead me to my desired future. Every option I would contemplate on doing and try would somehow fail and crumble before my very eyes. After several attempts, I began to question if I was even good enough or qualified enough to go to college.... [tags: College, High school, Debut albums, Help]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Freshman year was one of the best years I have ever had. I learned a lot freshman year, which is what made it my second favorite year of high school. There was a boy that confronted me in the summer before I started high school, and I jumped at the opportunity. The only problem that I knew my Mom would have is that he was 3 years older than me. He was a senior at the time that I was a freshman, but I couldn’t help myself. He gave me so much attention and love that I never got from my Dad or anybody else even, and that made me feel special.... [tags: Family, Debut albums, High school, Mother]
2228 words (6.4 pages)
- As I reach the seemingly boring age of 19, I am able to look back and reflect on how my choices in the past have gotten me to where I am today. One of the most significant decisions I have made in my life was to minimize my friend group. Now, losing friends is something you hear about before you even hit junior high. The common phrase is repeated over and over again, when referring to high school, “You find out who your real friends are.” As a scrawny little freshman, with no sense of reality, I refused to believe that that phrase would ever apply to my life.... [tags: High school, Friendship]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- 2015-2016 is my first year teaching at a high school. I already had experiences of teaching college level students but not the high school students. I have so many amazing experiences during my first year teaching. When I first accepted the position, my expectations were teaching grown up students in high school where the students are ready to learn and I just need to teach the lesson. My hope was that I don’t have to deal with anything else but just teaching mathematics. I expected that all students in the class be very curious to learn and no motivation is required to draw their attention to the lesson.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1035 words (3 pages)
- If You Just Smile I had just finished my first year of high school. I began thinking about what I will do with the rest of my life. I knew I was always into inventions and I wanted to be an inventor. I always liked the traditional way of living of having a car, house, good-paying job, and family to live a happy life. I was wondering whether I should go to college or go straight to inventing. My perspective on life was very similar but with one crucial difference. My family and I went on vacation to visit my extended family in México.... [tags: Family, Personal life, Happiness, Automobile]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- When I was young, I always dreamed of being a fashion designer or prize-winning author. I saw my name in lights and my life in luxury. I never imagined that at the ripe old age of 15, I would change my entire career path and future, but I did. I took a standardized test in high school that included a career portion that would indirectly tell you what you should do with the rest of your life. Up until this point, I had only every heard horror stories of social workers removing children from homes and breaking families apart.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- You may have heard people say things like“Who needs English class, there 's not much to it, all you can do is read it.” “ Writing is like math, some people are just born with the talent.” There are now innumerable jobs requiring a writing paper off any source to confirm that one is set for the company. If a customer service company were to have unprofessional representatives, the company will lose more than half of its customers. Throughout my educational years, I’ve been assigned many papers; some examples are research papers, lab reports, summary papers, and analyzing papers.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Christina Aguilera]
907 words (2.6 pages)