Throughout all of these papers and 4-Mats I have set plenty of goals, many of which I achieved and others that I did not. In the First 4-Mat that we wrote on “Do Hard Things” I set out to try to gain more friends through being more open and warm. I accomplished my goal of talking to people before class started and I ended up meeting one of my closest friends that I have here at CBU. I consider my goal of being friendly a long term goal because I will have new classes each semester and new friends to meet in each class. Achieving this goal is will help my academic success by providing me with a network of people to bounce ideas off and study with.
In my 4-Mat for Landis Chapter 1 I set a goal of mapping out my homework schedule, getting a 4.0 on a paper, getting a 3.5 grade point average for the semester, and graduating with a bachelor’s of science in some type of engineering. Knowing what time I was to do my homework helped my exponentially. I immediately felt more in control of my time and I was less stressed. This also lead to me get a 4.0 on one of my 4-Mats for Dr. Clark’s class. In my next 4-Mat on Charles H. Kraft’s book, Christianity with Power, I set a goal of being more open minded when listening to alternate opinions. This helped me understand that how I see the world is not how God see’s the world (little r versus big R). I applied this when partaking in a research essay and I ended up changing my mind on whether or not I will spank my children. The next paper about Landis Chapter 3 set goals to regulate my sleep and try alternative learning styles. I started getting more sleep to be more attentive during class and the alternative learning styles were naturally applied through Project #2 and lecture...
... middle of paper ...
Accountability groups and teams projects aren’t all about me. I can help others achieve their academic goals by helping them study for topics that I’m already proficient at. I can also give an outside opinion on projects that they are working on. Sometimes an outside eye can be what I need when I’m stuck and can’t find a way to continue. Helping others relates to the biblical principle of giving and treatment of others. If I expect to get help from others I should just as well expect to give help to others. Helping others is just as important to others success as it is to mine.
If I stick to my goals and keep improving myself and the people around me I will be able to graduate with a bachelor’s of science in engineering. As long as I let God guide me on his chosen path for me and always look to him for guidance, I’ll be able to accomplish amazing things.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The film “Coming to America” by filmmaker John Landis, presents a dilemma faced by an African prince regarding his country’s culture and traditions. Although the film is not based on any real country, persons, or events it may affect certain individuals as they may relate to some of the issues presented within. Coming to America takes place in two different countries. One of them being Zamunda Africa a fictitious place and the other Queens New York in the United States. The main characters I will focus on primarily are Prince Akeem and his father King Jaffore of Zamunda Africa and Cleo McDowell along with his daughter Lisa McDowell of the Queens New York.... [tags: Marriage, Love, Culture, John Landis]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Analysis Of The Kingdom Of Mat In order to understand the ramifications of Matthias's formation of his kingdom, the social,financial, ethnic, and sexual conditions of the times must be realized as the catalysts that cause the cults to form. A whole series of evangelic congregations appeared in the early decades of the nineteenth century in order to serve the poor, the emotionally needy, those barred from the new prosperousness, hopefulness, forbearance, personal freedom and sensible thought of the business classes.... [tags: Kingdom Mat Essays Papers]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Vesperus’ masculine beauty is a central theme in Li Yu’s moral comedy, The Carnal Prayer Mat. What’s more, his life trajectory parallels non-Mahayana Indic accounts of Siddhartha’s path to enlightenment, particularly on the emphasis placed on descriptions of both men’s physical perfection and their subsequent sexual appetite and prowess. Both Vesperus’ and Siddhartha’s masculine beauty propels them forward on their life paths, positioning them in the simultaneously instructive and destructive feminine sphere of the inner quarter.... [tags: The Carnal Prayer Mat]
3341 words (9.5 pages)
- The first move I would make is signing Mat Latos. Latos is coming off of a tough year in which he had a 4.87 ERA, a 4-10 record and was ultimately released by the Dodgers. Thing is, I don’t think his year was as bad as it looked. For starters, he has an FIP of 3.50 and an xFIP of 3.65. In 2015, opposing right-handed batters had a .307 wOBA against him compared to a wOBA of .306 in 2014, of .285 in 2013 and .268 in 2012. His 2015 K-BB% of 16.4% and his 2.0 HR% against right handed batters is in the same ballpark as his statistics from 2012 to 2014.... [tags: Left-handedness, Handedness, Right-handedness]
2079 words (5.9 pages)
- Ethics, though sometimes overlooked, are an integral part in conducting proper research. Though the primary goal of the researcher may be to find answers that support his hypothesis—particularly, positive results that successfully can apply to the general population—maintaining ethical conditions is also just as important, if not more. Some of the most infamous studies that have occurred in the social sciences field throughout the years were ones that raised ethical concerns. One such study is known as the Landis Facial Expression Study that was conducted in 1924 by Carney Landis, who was a graduate student in psychology at the University of Minnesota at the time.... [tags: Animal Cruelty, Psychology, Disgust]
665 words (1.9 pages)
- A marketing communication plan for Mat Happy will need to promote and inform potential and current yoga enthusiasts about the grand opening of the community-focused yoga studio, as well as educate them on the benefits of practicing yoga. The new state-of-the-art studios are located in Hilliard, Upper Arlington, and the surrounding Columbus, Ohio area. These facilities will provide the community with a healthy activity, and a modern and enjoyable service experience that will help “transform their mind, body and soul (mathappy.com).” For a successful marketing communications tactic, first it would be crucial to take into account the demographic of the intended target.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Graphic design]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Mat Certification The two possibilities for pelvic positions are neutral and imprinted. In neutral pelvis the natural lordotic curve of the lumbar spine is present. Imprinted means a slight lumbar curve into flexion is present. During imprinted spine the normal curve lengthens toward flexion by engaging the oblique abdominals to help bring the rib cage closer to the pelvis. I would use neutral pelvic placement for the One Leg Circle, since the essence of the exercise is stability of the pelvis and torso in neutral while being challenged by unilateral leg movement.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Recently an issue about resolving insolvency was brought to our understanding in a recent Critical Analysis lecture. The talk was given by Prof. Dr. Nor Ghani Mat Nor from the Faculty of Economics and Management. Insolvency is defined as a state of unable to pay one`s debt. Since insolvency is major problem especially in 2008 when the world financial crisis occur, this talk is paramount in helping to prepare what the future has to offer. The talk given was informative yet entertaining. Many issues were touched and elaborated by Prof.... [tags: debt, maylasia, bankruptcy]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Albert Camus’ novel, The First Man, shows how one man, Jacques Comery, who’s father died while he was an infant, and is forced to grow up in a poverty stricken part of Algiers with his mother, grandmother, brother and uncle in a small two bedroom apartment. Has come to an understanding of love, death, poverty, and life. The following passages are some of Camus’ best examples of how Jacques has come to this understanding, as well as some of Camus’ own opinions on these and other matters. This first passage is a conversation between Jacques and his friend Malan it tells us about Jacques opinion on life and death.... [tags: first]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- Theoretical Basis and usefulness Relationship satisfaction in romantic relationships one of many factors important to explore when treating couples. Therapists may find it useful to measure how much time couple spend together, what are the patterns are when the couple argues, on what they agree or disagree, and so on. Knowing the area of most concern, therapist can tailor treatment to address the presenting issues that the couple wants to resolve and understand more about each other. Because relationships are evolving and couples involved experience adjustment at different points in their life, the Locke & Wallace Marital Adjustment Test (LW-MAT) studies dyadic adjustment by looking at the p... [tags: dyadic adjustment, marital adjustment]
893 words (2.6 pages)