My second job was a waiter at a local restaurant. While I was provided detailed training about the restaurant, menu items, food preparation and how to wait on tables the majority was trial and error. I learned time management and multitasking skills by waiting on multiple tables at the same time. This was very important because each table was always at a different point in their meal and I had to be aware of what their needs were next and not cause delays from them having to wait on service. I was also able to build on my skills working as a team by jumping in to help when others were in need. I became a restaurant trainer for new waiters that were hired. I taught classes on the restaurants ...
... middle of paper ...
...ls, automation, and agent training to reduce operational costs by 40% within 14 months. I identified, developed and implemented a new product solution that utilized existing processes to transform the support center from a cost center to a P&L operation. The solution exceeded the revenue target by 237% in its first nine months. I also was able to implement and execute on a 14-month roadmap to transition domestic, low priority customer contacts to an offshore and near-shore vendor resulting in a 100% improvement in customer response time and an 85% decrease in cost per contact.
After transitioning to the new support model, I was promoted to Service Delivery Manager of IT Helpdesk. Moving to this role moved me to a leader now responsible for the overall operations and service deliveries of our contracted outsourced vendors and as well as customer account management.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Electrician You walk into a dark room and flip a switch; suddenly, the room is no longer dark. Have you ever wondered how the electricity in your business or house works. Electricians study the ways to install the wiring and electrify indoor and outdoor spaces for comfort and safety. While most people take, the electricity we use for granted, electricians must know and ensure every detail is perfect. Careers in electricity require dedicated professionals who spend many hours of schooling learning about how to safely create lighted spaces and outlets for electrical components and usage.... [tags: electrician, job outlook]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- Is my career ending, continuing or beginning. The verdict is near, and unfortunately the decision will not be up to me. This is my last chance for promotion in the Navy, more specifically; if I do not advance I will have nine months left to serve. I have been an electrician in the Navy, what field or occupation should I look at next. Nikola Tesla once said “We crave for new sensations but soon become indifferent to them” (648). But do we really become indifferent. Should I stay in the electrical field or start down a new career path, and see where it takes me.... [tags: Navy, Jobs]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement I began to get fascinated by our capitalist world’s economy at a very early age of my life. Growing up, I was incredibly curious to unravel how systems function, and this curiosity developed into a burning desire to learn how processes and organizations operate and run our world. As I started my first job, I realized how much I needed to be better acquainted with the science of money making and the scientific approaches to money management. Later on in my life, being within a company system, I wanted to see the big picture by learning where such a company stands in the midst of all other business interactions locally and internationally.... [tags: Management, Business, Business school]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Statement I began to get fascinated by our capitalist world’s economy at a very early age of my life. Growing up, I was incredibly curios to unravel how systems function, and this curiosity developed into a burning desire to learn how processes and organizations operate and run our world. As I started my first job, I realized how much I needed to get better acquaintance with the science of money making and the scientific approaches to money management. Later on in my life, being within a company system, I wanted to see the big picture by learning where such a company stands in the midst of all other business interactions locally and internationally.... [tags: Management, Business school, Business, Leadership]
1064 words (3 pages)
- This research was conducted to assess the relationship between selected demographics, job mastery, and job satisfaction. A total 6,902 participants were gathered from the telephone and Internet provider BellSouth. A significant relationship was found between age and job satisfaction. Job satisfaction was also significantly correlated with years spent with the company. Significant differences were found between gender and job satisfaction, as well as level of education and job satisfaction. These findings suggest that as age and years spent with the company increase job satisfaction also increases and job satisfaction may depend upon the level of education of the employee.... [tags: Job Mastery, Job Control]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- The First Day On June 1, 2003 my thinking on life, changed a little bit. It happened to be a Sunday that I didn’t think I would be going to bed at 2:30 P.M. in order to go to work. I got under the cover of my bed and I was out like a light. Once I got into a very deep sleep it was hard to get out of it. I heard my alarm go off, and I didn’t want to get up, but I got up and started to get dressed. I went out in the kitchen and got something to eat and then packed my lunch for the night. On the way to Van Wert, I was getting very intense.... [tags: essays research papers]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- My comprehensive understanding of the Agency's mission and organization goals, I conduct Food Defense and Food Safety surveillance activities with a high-level competency. These reviews encompass a wide range of the food industries from retail markets to rendering firms. Sharing information on recalls, food defense plans and generally taking an active approach to product the food supply. Confirming locations in my area of responsibility are actively registered. To ensure public safety I also obtain ground beef retail samples for microbial testing as required.... [tags: Job Application]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- The Book of Job allocates a strong emphasis on the series of questions Job ponders about God in his state of existential despair, and through these questions, although he does not achieve a concrete answer, he acquires a new insight. In the story, Job goes through a progressive chain from accepting the actions of God to questioning it and finally achieving an understanding. Wisdom, in a general sense, is one’s ability to understand, through the process of gaining exceptional insight and judgment, uncertain and perplexing matters.... [tags: Bible, The Book of Job]
1486 words (4.2 pages)
- The Book of Job allocates a strong emphases on the series of questions Job ponders about God in his state of existential despair, and through these questions, although he does not receive a concrete answer, he attains a new insight. Job goes through a progressive chain from acceptance of God’s actions to questioning it and finally achieving understanding. Wisdom, in a general sense, is one’s ability to understand, through the process of gaining exceptional insight and judgment, uncertain and perplexing matters.... [tags: Bible, The Book of Job]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- The Electrician's Dilemma An electrician has been asked to repair an old radio. He believes that he needs a resistance of 1.9 ohms which is not easily obtained. You are provided with some reels of resistance wire and are asked to plan and carry out an investigation to help the electrician solve this problem. When your investigation has been concluded you discover that a resistance of 28.5 ohms is also required to complete the repair. Show how you use the data from your investigation to also obtain this resistance.... [tags: Papers]
4006 words (11.4 pages)