My first goal for the upcoming year, is to utilize office hours and getting to know my professors. It is important that I meet and cultivate relationships with my professors so that I will be able to receive the letters of recommendations I need to be accepted in Law School. Although I am closer to age to a few professors, and older than some of the PhD Candidate instructors, it is still hard for me to talk with professors and meet during office hours. Prior to transferring the classes were smaller and I was fortunate enough to have always had my questions answered before class was over. Now the material is more concentrated, classes are larger and we typically are either cutting it close or running a little over, which frequently leaves me with questions. In the beginning, I really didn’t understand how the office hours worked. Do I need an appointment or do I just show up? I met with a couple of professors during their office hours over the past two semesters during which I learned a few things suc...
... middle of paper ...
...t only help with being more assertive to join the conversation but I will also be able to flow in any direction it goes.
These goals will not only help the value of my overall education, but each one will help the other, in turn further promoting each goal. Not being nervous about taking advantage of office hours, will help with my class work, discussion participation and becoming familiar with my Professor. Better planning and working on my class work before it is due, will not only help my grades, but will add to my confidence to join in class discussions and lead to better office hours visits. The improved discussions and office hours visits will help keep me on top of my assignments with any lingering questions being answered, as well as helping with getting to know my professors helping with earning the letters of recommendation I need to continue my education.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Starting College Earlier??. Starting college earlier than expected seemed like a completely misfortunate event. When first being informed that I would have to begin earlier than most, I only saw the negative and none of the positive. Actually going through the program, I realize that I would not have liked to spend my summer any other way. Doing a summer program for college has taught me that it is actually a lot more difficult than I first believed. In high school I never studied a day in my life and would make pretty high grades anyway.... [tags: High school, Education, School, College]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- When I first entered the MAET program my goal was to learn how to use technology. I wanted to learn about all the latest technologies that were out there. I wanted to learn where to go to find these technologies. My goal was to stay ahead of the curve and always be at the leading edge when every new technology was released. This was exciting to me as the next new technology was always an unknown. What new gadget or program was around the corner inspired my interests. As I progressed through the MAET program my goals changed.... [tags: Education, Pedagogy, Teacher, Learning]
2127 words (6.1 pages)
- ... If I start doing assignments when they are assigned it will help me with time management and figuring out when I can do my assignments. This will help me in my future because I cannot wait until the last minute to write a lesson plan, I need to plan and do lesson plans ahead of time. By working on not procrastinating now, I am helping myself prepare for the future when I have to plan lessons a couple weeks in advance. I plan on starting the assignment the day it is due and then finishing it at least two days before so that way it will be done a day ahead of time and I will not be stressing out the night before trying to get the assignment done.... [tags: procrastination, orginization, stress]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- My first semester of college is coming to an end and as a result, so is my composition class. While the time seemed to fly by, a lot was accomplished in this class. To really get the most out of the class, it 's important to look back to see what I did and did not learn. Looking back, the class was broken into 4 assignments, each carrying their own lessons. The class began with the most fun assignment, "This I believe." This assignment was different from the rest because it was a personal narrative.... [tags: Writing, English-language films, Paper]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- This Quarter has been a very interesting one. At the beginning of the quarter I was a recently graduated nurse who had just passed the NCLEX and began my first job as a nurse at a hospital who hadn’t thought too deeply about what I would be doing beyond that. Today I am a much better nurse able to perform my job better, not just from job experience, but from what I am learning in this class as well. I have learned a great deal from this course I still have more to learn from it. I still strive to learn how to be more professional and be able to have a greater impact on my patients having a positive outcome.... [tags: Patient, Health care provider, Health care]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Service Settings are The First Thing Students See at Universities Differentiation between Universities: A college/ university is not just a place of learning and knowledge, the backstage of a college is business style establishment and their main goal, which they won’t ever admit, is to make money from students while giving them an education. With the ever-expanding number of colleges/universities in the nation, schools are in need to find ways to differentiate themselves and stand out to the prospective moneybags aka students.... [tags: University, Higher education, Doctorate, Student]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- I have been having non-healthy sleeping pattern for three years since my senior year in high school. I usually sleep at 2 am. I was in the pre-contemplation stage for the first two years of sleeping late because I did not feel fatigue very often during the day, and I functioned well. However, since last year, I started to get very tired almost every day, along with chest discomfort and low sleeping quality. Ever since then, I started planning to change my sleeping pattern by going to bed before midnight.... [tags: Goal, Motivation, Sleep, Management]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Page 1 During the course of six weeks, I learned how to set realistic goals and understand what a goal is. Before entering my EDCP class, I assumed goals were very minute things such as going to lacrosse practice or making the team in high school. I never thought to plan for school assignments let alone my future. Goals are characterized by 5 aspects Specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and timeframe (SMART). Goals are what set students apart we all want something different whether it be academic, financial, personal, professional, and health and wellness goals are dear to my heart.... [tags: Goal, Management, Goal setting]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Human beings are continuously engaged in some activity or other to satisfy their unlimited wants. It is an economic activity, which is related with continuous and regular production, and distribution of goods and services for satisfying human wants. Starting a business is the dream of many individuals. In setting up a business takes imagination, research, analytical skills time and money without this resources, one cannot fully support his chosen things in mind before even pursuing a project like starting a business.... [tags: business failure, starting a business]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Staying Motivated Staying motivated is an important part of succeeding in college and in life, but it can be hard sometimes. You can quickly become overwhelmed by the amount of work that you have to do and the amount of time you have to do it in. You can quickly become stressed about all that needs to be done, and you may get in a bad mood that will last the whole semester, if not longer. You may even lose sight of your long term goals and become frustrated with your current situation. However, there are many ways to combat these and stay motivated.... [tags: Time, Term, Goal, Homework]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Gender Stereotypes Of Advertising And Marketing Campaigns
- Different Meanings Of Medicine And Medicine
- Moroccan Food : Uniqueness, Influences, And Culture
- Analysis Of The Poem ' Once More On The Lake '
- The Suicide Terrorism And Islamic Fundamentalism
- Analysis Of George Orwell 's ' Nineteen Eighty Four '