As the school year progressed we made many fond memories every day. Mrs. Spencer had a little stuffed bumble bee, that each of us took home and we had to write about an important lesson that we had learned about and how we were going to contribute the lesson and what we learned in our daily lives such as Martin Luther King Day or Columbus Day are a few topis we used the bumble bee for. after every student in the class had gotten a turn to take him home and write about what they learned our teacher would bind our work in a book and she would display the book for us to see or at open house. A few more memories I have from her class begin on St. Patrick’s Day Mrs. spencer messed up the entire classroom, knocking down chairs, writing with green marker on ...
... middle of paper ...
...h these kids that will forever be in my heart and remind me that teaching is the best major choice for me. By taking this intro to teaching class I knew it would show me that I was either going to hate it or it was going to begin my lifelong passion to teach and make a difference. Working together with these kids has made my dreams become a reality and it makes me want to explore the world of education even more in different cultures, cities and states to really fulfill my teaching dream.
Concluding the choice of my major we have to remember why I chose it I reflect every day on my choices and actions and how I became the person I am today. Anyone who has doubt or a weird feeling about their life goals… change them it is scary but that is part of your plan. I would never have discovered this if it weren’t the great base to my education that I received.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Multidimensional Treatment Foster care Originating in 1983, the Multidimensional program was a community-based alternative to group or residential placement for children in the juvenile justice system (Leve, Fisher, & Chamberlain, 2009). Recently, it has been used to assist children in the foster system. The Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care intervention was developed by Patricia Chamberlain and John Reid. Being mostly compared to group care therapy, MTFC is based on both social learning and family system theories (Westermark, Hansson, & Olsson, 2011).... [tags: Foster care, Child protection, Adoption, Family]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- In todays society 250,000 children are adopted daily worldwide by a very different variety of parents such as two parents, single parent, homosexuals, and interracial couples. Children in foster care have a difficult time switching from home to home and do not receive the proper education compared to a child who does not need alternative caregivers. Although, a foster child stays in a group home for two years, they have just as much likely hood to be successful as a child with biological parents.... [tags: foster children]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- As a child I’ve always felt like an outcast because of the way I looked and behaved. No matter what I did I would receive dirty looks and hear people whisper nasty comments about me. I tried hard to blend in to try to feel and be accepted at my school, but no matter where I went people acted the same. There was a time when I had a new friend turn on me, I was followed home, and I was crowded around. In 5th grade, at Tobias elementary school, I always tried to befriend most of the new people because I knew how they felt when I was new.... [tags: Middle school, Elementary school, High school]
1809 words (5.2 pages)
- This semester I am in a fifth grade classroom at Stafford Elementary School. We have been working on long division. Specifically for my clinical report I taught a lesson having to do with division that focused on “Interpreting the remainder”. This lesson is from the GoMath Math program that Stafford Public Schools has adopted for this school year (Lesson 2.7: Interpret the Remainder, 2015). At the start of the lesson most students struggled with finding out exactly what the questions were asking.... [tags: Division, Elementary arithmetic, Problem solving]
2039 words (5.8 pages)
- One of the main struggles for principles and school boards in elementary schools is wondering if the district should switch classes, therefore this debate has been going on for a long time. Expert’s opinions vary, so greatly, that the vote has gone on since 2006. So far, some districts have tried out departmentalization, but the group is not widespread. The schools that have integrated switching classes start at either kindergarten or fifth grade. Some, but not an innumerable group, have started in fourth; furthermore, some schools would rather start at kindergarten for the reason that starting them at that age has them already prepared for middle school when they reach that step in their li... [tags: Principles, School Boards, Elementary School]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Elementary Education Kindergarten and Elementary school teachers complete a rigorous and fulfilling task each day by preparing young minds for a great future. They do this by teaching them basic fundamental subjects, such as reading and math. It is a job that not everyone can do and an individual must take into consideration the work, salary, and hours that come with it. History Education has been around for a long time, but in the year 1000, most people were uneducated because it was not deemed necessary.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, History of education]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Children confront many transitions throughout their lifetime that can be stressful. They face their first transition from home to school, elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to college or work (Schumacher, 1998). However, the transition from elementary to middle school seems to be harder for adolescents due to the personal changes of puberty. Research suggests that roles, expectations, and responsibilities are the primary concerns of students (Akos, 2002). In order to make this transition easier, programs such as “blocking, shadowing, or buddies” need to be implemented the year preceding middle school and continue through the first year of transition.... [tags: Elementary Education, secondary education]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Located in north-central Mississippi, ABC Elementary School is part of the XYZ County School District. While historically recognized for athletic accomplishments, XYZ County Schools have only recently gained recognition for educational accomplishments. ABC Elementary School has contributed to the growth and educational accomplishments of the district. ABC Elementary’s average enrollment of approximately 500 students serves grades pre-K through 6. The teacher to student ratio is approximately 14:6.... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school, Teacher]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- On October 25th, I volunteered at an elementary school after school program in a lower income area at Grace Chapel church in Forsyth County. The program was available for students from the ages of four to twelve and offered free tutoring to kids struggling in different subjects. It also acted as daycare for children who had working parents. All the kids brought homework to work on and we provided them with lunch. We also were able to hang out and play with the kids, doing arts & crafts and playing dodge ball outside.... [tags: High school, Education, Poverty, School]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- 1. I used the phrase “elementary school start times” in the University of North Florida’s OneSearch database to find this particular research study. I chose this study to analyze for multiple reasons. First, the study was able to collect information from nearly every elementary school in the state of Kentucky. A higher sample size can provide a greater amount of validity. Second, this research study directly focused on my topic of interest. I am intrigued by the differentiation in American education, especially different yearly school calendars, different daily school schedules, and, as studied here, different school start times.... [tags: High school, School types, Primary school]
880 words (2.5 pages)