It was the second semester of fourth grade year. My parents had recently bought a new house in a nice quite neighborhood. I was ecstatic I always wanted to move to a new house. I was tired of my old home since I had already explored every corner, nook, and cranny. The moment I realized I would have to leave my old friends behind was one of the most devastating moments of my life. I didn’t want to switch schools and make new friends. Yet at the same time was an interesting new experience.
It was finally the first day of school; I was excited yet nervous. I hoped I would be able to make new friends. The first time I saw the schools name I thought it was the strangest name I’ve ever heard or read, therefore I found it hard to pronounce it in the beginning. The schools’ floors had painted black paw prints, which stood out on the white tiled floor. Once you walk through the ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “It is another school and another group of people to reject me.” I thought as I walked slowly toward the classroom door. With each step the classroom door got closer and closer. The light weight of my book bag suddenly felt heavier. Finally, I got to the door and opened it; revealing the big room that would be my home room for the rest of the year. The second I walked into the room, it was obvious that I was different. The first thing that tipped me off was my clothing. I was wearing a bright red Lil Wayne Trukfit shirt, black 501 Levis, and black Air Max 95 Nike shoes, not to mention I was the only African American in the room.... [tags: back bag, classroom, new]
652 words (1.9 pages)
- As I walked through the wide double doors of a new school, I knew a thrilling adventure was ahead of me. The school pride shined brightly across the blue and gold colored hallways. Even the people seemed to have a certain school pride surrounding them. Many memories have come and gone in this building but the memory of my first day of high school will forever be a vivid memory in my mind. My brand name outfit and expensive backpack had me feeling as if those halls could be conquered, but with the next few steps the mirrored hallways and mazes of doors began to over whelm me.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, A New Era]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Even though I only spent two short weeks with Ms. Brown’s third grade class, I have learned so many wonderful things throughout the experience that I will cherish for a lifetime. This is the third time I have been in an elementary classroom observing and every time I have learned something new about myself and my future. When I first started this experience I was a bit worried at the fact that I would be observing a third grade classroom. It had been my overall goal was to teach 2nd grade or lower.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- The first day of school is always very stressful and full of fear for the incoming underclassmen. Going back is usually a complex process for the students, as well as for the parents. It’s the time of the year where the halls are full of not-so-cheerful students aching to exit the corridors, along with teachers attempting to fill their tired heads with useful information. While getting back to school is supposed to be a great thing; due to seeing friends, freshmen are living a horror movie during their first day of high school.... [tags: Fear, Anxiety, Claustrophobia, High school]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Have you ever felt uncomfortable, scared, nervous, and confused. Well new students feel this way whenever they move to a new school. They have no idea if they'll make friends or if anyone would like them. But with the ambassador program new students will right away feel comfortable in their new surroundings, able to learn a new language and know their way around our school faster than someone who's been there for three years. If we had this program, they just might make a friend right away. Feeling comfortable and feeling safe in your new surroundings is something everyone especially when you're new in a school.... [tags: New Student]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- When I walked through the door of my 4th grade class at my new school for the first day, I felt the same way every new kid at school feels: Anxious. As I shuffled over to the front of the class towards the teacher, I felt everyone’s gaze collectively follow me until I heard someone yell “Hey, your shirt isn’t tucked in!” My anxiety turned into indignation as I thought, “Oh wow, what a snitch” before I even saw him. My gaze, filled with as much disdain as I could muster, was directed at him in the back of the class.... [tags: High school, Friendship, College, David Crane]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- On the 7th of On the 7th of April, 1993, I, Thomas John McGrath was born in Austin, Texas to my parents Thomas and Kimberly McGrath. I was the youngest in my small family. My sisters, Sarah and Caitlin, had came into the world one and two years before myself. Once my mother was fully recovered from giving birth we moved to Monterey, CA where my father was finishing up his postgraduate degree for the United States Navy. This wouldn 't be the last time we would move because of the military. As it turns out for the next four years we moved to the east coast and back again before an unfortunate turn of events landed my small family in Houston.... [tags: High school, Middle school]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- On the 7th of April, 1993, I, Thomas John McGrath was born in Austin, Texas to my parents Thomas and Kimberly McGrath. I was the youngest in my small family. My sisters, Sarah and Caitlin, had came into the world one and two years before myself. Once my mother was fully recovered from giving birth we moved to Monterey, CA where my father was finishing up his postgraduate degree for the United States Navy. This wouldn 't be the last time we would move because of the military. As it turns out for the next four years we moved to the east coast and back again before an unfortunate turn of events landed my small family in Houston.... [tags: High school, Middle school]
2027 words (5.8 pages)
- Imani Brooks a is girl I’ll never forget. It all happened back in 2009. I was in the sixth grade. It was my first day at a new school with new people. Imani was queen bee at the middle school, because she was a fighter, and she was bigger. I believe everyone was just scared of her including me. She ruled the school and everyone praised her. I was the new girl, and this is how I got through middle school being bullied, and how i have changed since middle school; my bully didn 't define me, she made be stronger.... [tags: 2006 singles, English-language films]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Once In a Lifetime (High School) The last day of my high school career was fast approaching and I can only imagine how I 'll be feeling when I step out of Lake Marion High School & Technology Center grounds for the very last time. Throughout those four years, I’ve felt a lot of urgency about graduating high school. I remember my first days of high school. I was just at the age of fifthteen that time, and it feels like I enter a new chapter of my life. Scared, nervous and not knowing what to expect that’s was I felt when I first enter high school.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Sophomore]
713 words (2 pages)