Technology is changing the face of education. I witnessed significant transformation first-hand at the institution where I worked. At the start of the 21st century we photocopied instructional materials including bulky 5” instructor binders. We duplicated VHS videos in a side-by-side recording ...
... middle of paper ...
...n in order to increase the likelihood that learners will understand and absorb the content I develop. I want to become empowered to talk about my work with authority so I may lead others in the direction that will produce the best results. I need to acquire the skills to develop content faster and more efficiently. Lastly, I hope to develop a portfolio that is not proprietary so I may share it with prospective employers and clients expanding my employment potential. This is a especially exciting time for online learning. Science is challenging us to take a more scientific approach to the study of education while technology is encouraging us to invent new ways to teach. We are all still exploring how all of this works and how to make it effective. I want to broaden my thinking, challenge my methods and become an educated practitioner in this great change in education.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hofstra University: A Quality Educational Experience Established in 1935, Hofstra University was originally a large mass of land owned by Mr. and Mrs. William Hofstra. Once both of them passed, the trustees of the land had the responsibility of putting the land to good use. Mrs. Kate Hofstra wanted the land to be used for educational purposes, but she also wanted it to be name in memory of her husband. The trustees of the land decided to turn the land into a place of higher education and named it Hofstra University (“Hofstra University,” Hofstra).... [tags: University, College, Education, Higher education]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Educational Continuous: Community College vs. University With economic costs increasing, many businesses are now requiring individuals to have a higher level of education and at least a few years of experience to receive fair employment. Since living expenses are increasing rapidly each year, minimum wage jobs are not making ends meet anymore. More and more people are thinking about enrolling in secondary and tertiary educational institutions just to make a comfortable living for themselves as well as their families.... [tags: College, University, Higher education, Education]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- When a student goes to an institution of higher learning, such as a community college or university, and earns their degree through hard work and focus, it is a great achievement for the student. Receiving a degree (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and especially a doctorate’s) is an accomplishment that every person should be allowed to experience, and it even sets an example for younger generations by allowing them to think about attending an institution of higher learning so that they too may join millions of American citizens who have earned a degree.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, College]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- I believe higher education is an essential institution in society due to its ability to serve the public and socially vulnerable populations by uplifting human beings from poverty and unfortunate circumstances. Careers in the Higher Education field are an extremely positive and resourceful asset in a student’s academic, social, and extracurricular development. Persons, whom pursue careers in the field, encourage students to prosper, improve and to explore a variety of opportunities to benefit them as a future professional.... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, College]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- It may be just a piece of paper to some, but the intangibles that establish those in higher levels of education, in combination with the constant reinforcement of learning, apart from those who have that paper apart from those who choose not to continue their education at an accredited institution. The aspiration to obtain a college degree is quite profound. The college atmosphere is one that is not predetermined; one cannot hold expectations going into the college world as much as they cannot say with certainty what will come about following their completion of college.... [tags: Academic degree, High school, University]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- College is a wonderful experience that only a few get to expose to. Any four year university offers a great opportunity for anyone; either for the diverse rich culture college campuses offer, or the hundreds of organizations and the thousands of connections that can offer one person. In the real world today a college degree is almost “required” for any career or a good stable job. Few necessities in America are cheap or free. For example: water, health insurance, and welfare are just to name a few.... [tags: University, Higher education, United States]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- ... 3-4), Stubblefield and Keane explore different institutions that cater to adults, starting with the early colonial period. Colonists early on where able to self-educate, even if they did not have the money to afford materials themselves. “Newspapers and magazines contributed substantially to the self-education of colonies, even to those unable to afford a personal copy or dependent on others to do the reading” (Stubblefield & Keane, 1994, p. 21). The idea of using print materials to self-educate oneself did not stop in colonial times, but continued throughout the ages as Stubblefield and Keane pointed out during the examination of how African Americans, as well as Native Americans, were... [tags: institution, apprenticeship, colonialists]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Metropolitan Community College (MCC) is a two-year system of higher education, serving 12 urban, rural and suburban school districts in the KC region. Founded in 1915 as The Kansas City Polytechnic Institute and has grown into the largest institution of higher education in the Kansas City area, serving more than 37,000 credit and non-credit students annually. With a robust mission of preparing students, serving communities and creating opportunities. MCC’s five diverse campuses offers more than 92 associate degrees, in 30 transfer programs, 84 specialties and 73 certificates.... [tags: University, Higher education, College]
700 words (2 pages)
Educational Infrastructure : An Effective For Select Types Of Learners And A Gridlock Of Limited Options For Others Remaining
- From a teacher’s perspective, education is a complex infrastructure that is effective for select types of learners and a gridlock of limited options for others remaining. The ‘select type’ refers to non-minority students from households where education is comprehended and fully engaged in. Meaning, the parents may be educated past high school or may have the means to supply educational resources and experiences to their child. Individuals not included in the select types reference minorities; the students that have the most interventions and “gap bridging” programing thrown their way.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, School]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Values vs. The American Educational System In "Keeping Close to Home: Class and Education," bell hooks suggests that the American educational system forces individuals to hide, change, or mask the values that they bring with them to college by sharing her perception of the sickening class division at Stanford. Perhaps "influence" makes a better term than "force"; this change in terminology allows a better argument and saves the readers from a misleading idea of the American educational system.... [tags: bell hooks College Education]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Sexual Assault Is A Pervasive And Enduring Form Of Violence
- Justification For Using The Qualitative Method Of Public Reporting Programs
- Understanding The Mental State Of A Person With A Mental Disorder
- Gender And Sex : The State Of Being Male Or Female
- Psychological And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders
- The, If Poisonous Minerals, And If That Tree