changed forever perhaps making it less theirs and more of their child. However nowadays children don’t realize that before their parents got the role of mom and dad, they had lives of their own. Quite frankly I think that children don’t
have interest in their parents lives like their childhood, best moments in life and bucketlist things which still haven’t been fulfilled.Sitting here today in front of a man, filled with experiences and stories to tell. Finding out at first what my final research paper for my first college english class was an exciting moment knowing it would be me writing about my fathers life. My father is always hardworking wether its at home or doing construction to feed his family. Getting him to him sit to answer some questions about his life was ironacally harder than i anticpated considering his busy life style. Finally finding the right moment and free time he was right in front of me ready to tell a legacy, sitting straight with his back against the chair was a strong hard working and loving man, without even asking him anything his facial features spoke even before he did deep brown eyes full of experiences along with eye bags and forehead lines showing the hard work and devotion that a life requires. His rough veiny hands surely showed the effects of his life.
The questions begin of a father or better yet a man. Ghulam Hussain born dec 1, 1975 in a small village in pakistan to a farmer and house wife. My first question was about his childhood he responded with tough but full of memories. I had friends but only three stuck by me through thick and thin,what you guys have today didn’t even e...
... middle of paper ...
...t what ever happens in a individuals life is what us who we are. Growing up I was very close to my father, we shared everything. I have always been well aware that my fathers life has not been very easy. In life people often look up to their role models for inspiration but thats not case for me. My father serves every aspect of inspiration in my life he shows me not give up, and strive for greatness. The quote "Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself." by Walter Anderson sums up my fathers life exactly despite having so many hardships instead of giving up he pulled through, showing that something that seems impossible could indeed be possible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- n life many things and people hold value to us, when a child is brought into this world his/her parents lives are changed forever perhaps making it less theirs and more of their child. However nowadays children don’t realize that before their parents got the role of mom and dad, they had lives of their own. Quite frankly I think that children don’t have interest in their parents lives like their childhood, best moments in life and bucketlist things which still haven’t been fulfilled.Sitting here today in front of a man, filled with experiences and stories to tell.... [tags: Mother, Father, Family, Parent]
1952 words (5.6 pages)
- In life like many things certain people are very valuable to us, when a child is brought into this world his or her parents lives are changed forever, perhaps making it less theirs and more of their child’s. However, nowadays children fail to realize that before their parents got the role of mom and dad, they had lives of their own. Quite frankly, I believe that most children lack interest in their parent’s lives like their childhood, best moments in life and bucket list things that are fulfilled to this day.... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Father]
2043 words (5.8 pages)
- In life, certain people are very valuable to us. When a child is brought into this world his or her parents ' lives are changed forever, perhaps making it less theirs and more of their child’s. However, nowadays children fail to realize that before their parents got the role of mom and dad, they had lives of their own. Quite frankly, I believe that most children lack interest in their parent’s lives like their childhood, best moments in life and bucket list things that haven’t been fulfilled to this day.... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Father]
2047 words (5.8 pages)
- On September 20th, I walked in to the classroom for my first college level English class at 7:30 AM. As I sat down at my seat, I didn’t know what to expect. The biggest question in my mind, though, was this: Will I learn anything from this class. Or will this just be another class where I complete assignments, but don’t enhance my skills. My question was soon answered, since throughout this class I have learned innumerable skills which have forever improved my composition. Specifically, there are three main goals which I have achieved in this class: I have learned to think and read critically, compose and revise in context, and reflect and evaluate.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Fallacy, Skill]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- Dual Enrollment English was the first real college-level class I ever had. I actually have taken other college-level classes before it, but Dual Enrollment English was the only course that gave me an accurate representation of how college will really be like and what it will expect of me. My journey through Dual Enrollment English began with a sense of fear and self-defeat and ended with a sense of satisfaction and confidence with many highs and lows along the way. This portfolio catalogs the evolution of my writing during my two semesters in Dual Enrollment English including seven different types of papers as well as each of their respective drafts and tutor feedback.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Writing process, Paper]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- August 18th was an intimidating and nerve-wracking day; the first day of english class. For those of us who had not yet taken a college english class, the thoughts of the endless papers and long nights writing we have heard about flooded our mind. As the semester went on, I soon realized that the class is not difficult as long as I do my work. Over the course of the past 17 weeks, I have learned how important it is to come to class and be prepared, what areas I am strong and weak in, areas that I have improved, the process I found helpful in writing my essays, and the skill area I believe I have made the most growth in.... [tags: High school, Writing, College, Rhetoric]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Hoping for the best but expecting the worst, I walked in to English not knowing what to expect. English 111 was boring at times but in many ways helpful. College Composition I main objective is to teach students the fundamentals of academic writing and critical thinking. Aside from learning how to academically write, recognizing grammatical errors, tone, and different styles such as MLA, APA, and CMS, are some other things learned in the course. This essay will be evaluating the book as a whole, self-reflections, essays, my strengths and weaknesses and my professor.... [tags: English 101 Essays]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- English was not my first language, Mandarin Chinese was. I started to learn English when I was three years old. I was able to learn English through my older sister, watching TV and being exposed to the English language from my peers. I was lucky to be able to learn a second language so young because not everyone is able to do this. My older sister had to go to ESL classes and with her being exposed having to learn English as part of her curriculum, I was then able to pick up some of the English language from her.... [tags: English language, Education, United Kingdom]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- On our first day of class in the third grade, my teacher had asked us to write a paragraph on how we had spent our summer. The kids in the classroom looked at each and it was evident that they were having trouble writing a paragraph, but not me. I remember how eager I was to start writing and to share it with the class. I wrote about the pool we had in our backyard and how I spent most of my summer swimming and playing with my cousins. Writing was something that came natural to me. I enjoyed writing about movies I had watch, a book I had read, or about an event that happened in my life.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Paper]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Walking into my first day of English class I knew I faced many challenges. English 1102 is a higher level course, which meant more was going to be expected of me. I had the basics of writing a well developed essay, but I encountered many of my difficulties writing a well written essay. Getting to read many literature books, have in class discussions, and exploring different works of literature helped me to think out of my normal thinking capacity and learn new things. I learned how to think critically, have a passion for reading, and write better essays.... [tags: Writing, Linguistics, Thought, Psychology]
726 words (2.1 pages)