I went to my first classical concert which was performed by Benjamin Pila. Honestly, I did not expect too much on this concert, because I had thought all the classical styles of music is boring. I just wanted to go to the concert to get my credits and go home. However, contrasting with my former thought, I was amazed with the music of artist Pila. That was the reason why I could not wait to attend the second concert, which is perform by the artist from Thailand Ekschai Jearakul. The music that artist Jearakul played was different from artist Pila, but I had to admit that he is a talent artist. Both concerts has changed my thought about classical music.
The first concert was held at Brandon campus on Friday, January 22, 2016. I live in North Tampa, and my music instructor had warned me about the traffic, so I had to ask my boss to get out of work at 5pm instead of 7pm. Then, I went back home, took a shower, and got out of home at 6pm. I thought two hours was enough for me to get to Brandon, but I could not anticipate how bad the traffic was. I was nervous when I was stuck in the traffic. Finally, I arrived Brandon campus at 7.40 pm. I tried to run like the wind to get to Brandon Campus’s auditorium with the hope that my professor did not close the sign in sheet. Finally, I just made it in time. I signed in and got line to took my ticket and found my seat. As I said, I was not expecting on this concert too much, so I just wanted to find some place far from the artist to seat. I didn’t want the artist to see if I felt asleep, or my face looking tired and dejected. My first surprising was the concert was full of people which is not only HCC students (who get free tickets from school), but also people who buy ticket. A...
... middle of paper ...
...ever heard any pieces of music he performed in the concert, but I think it was very unique. At first, I was surprised because the music he played quite harsh but when I was getting used to it, I think it has a fascination for me.
I always wondered why music courses required students to attend concerts. Now, I know why they did that. Like some courses I have taken such as Anatomy, Organic Chemistry that required students to take lab courses in order to provide students opportunities to practice, observe, and explore problems through exposing to the reality, attending to music concert brings students a chance to approach classical music. Therefore, concerts helps students widen their knowledge at school. Hillsborough Community College’s music concert is worth seeing. In the future, I will bring my family to other concerts that Hillsborough Community College organizes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- In the 18th century, the concerto was transformed into a viable instrumental genre to both demonstrate virtuosity as well as a cohesive character that embodied the natural. Though the series of changes from the Baroque concerto grosso to the Classical concerto were gradual and cannot be attributed to a single composer, the Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor K. 466 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is a skillful representation of the genre in that era. Of particular interest in this concerto is the treatment of sonata form in the first movement.... [tags: Classical Music]
1404 words (4 pages)
- After attending both a “popular” and “classical” musical concert it is easy to see the differences between these two genres of music. While attending these events, I noticed a wide variety of differences including the music being played, the atmosphere, the number of people attending and the expectations of the audience during the performance. As we talked about in Turino’s “Music as Social Life” earlier this semester both of the performances were presentational, placing a divide between the performer and the audience (Turino).... [tags: Performance, Music, Performing arts, Concert]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- From all the readings and class discussions about performances, the concepts will be demonstrated by classical and popular performances of music. According to Bourdieu, “Music is the most ‘spiritual’ of the arts of the spirit and a love of music is a guarantee of spirituality” (Bourdieu). Music is considered to be art due to its sound, structure and feeling it gives to individuals. In addition, music has a variety of genres to classical music from Beethoven to pop culture music such as Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga.... [tags: Performance, Music, Art, Concert]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- True heroes are noted as those who act with altruistic intentions for the sake of others. Unselfish attempts to improve not just one’s self, but also his society, is impeccably portrayed in the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. Initially proposed for his son, William, Benjamin Franklin reminisces his past struggles and accomplishments in influencing this country. With hopes to educate not only his son but the people of America. Benjamin Franklin recalls his wrongdoings and advises other potential citizens of self-improvement, epitomizing his own life from owning a successful newspaper company to being established in the House.... [tags: Benjamin Franklin, Virtue, Better]
1060 words (3 pages)
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has a website that announces its programs. Anyone can easily find and choose a concert. I chose a concert for Sunday July 25, 2010. This concert was emerging artists from Ipalpiti Festibal 2010. It included the four pieces of music that are described below. One of these was Fantasiestucke, Opus 88, both Romanze and Duet were preformed. This concerto was performed by pianist Luiza Borac, violinist Vladimir Dyo, and cellist Yves Dharamraj. The second piece was Ahnung, a new discovery piece from Kinderszenen.... [tags: Concert]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Classical Conditioning is defined as “learning that occurs when a neutral stimulus begins to elicit a response that was originally caused by another stimulus (Krause, 196).” Before classical conditioning, there is an unconditioned stimulus which is followed by the unconditioned response. This is known as the “unlearned phase”. Before conditioning begins, there will be a neutral stimulus which won’t elicit the response, since it hasn’t been connected to any type of response yet. After the conditioning has occurred, there will be a stimulus, such as a shock or sound, which will elicit the conditioned response.... [tags: Operant conditioning, Classical conditioning]
700 words (2 pages)
- Edward Benjamin Britten is an iconic figure of 20th-century British classical music. His works range from orchestral and chamber compositions, to full operas and other vocal music. Some scholars view Britten’s operatic works as masterpieces, and applaud him for his sincere ability and interpretation of theme, characterization, and melodic contour. An opera that is taken from an already whimsical Shakespearean play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, is of valuable evidence that Britten embodied a rare type of ingenuity when composing for the stage.... [tags: british classical music, vocal music]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- Benjamin Franklin Benjamin Franklin represents a role model of an American who started from rags to riches. Benjamin Franklin structured the American life politically by structuring the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Stamp Act, The Treaty of Paris, as well as other important acts and documents. Economically he helped create jobs by being an inventor and entrepreneur. Socially he fought for the education of man. The Albany Plan of Union was a proposal to create a unified government for the thirteen colonies, suggested by Benjamin Franklin, then a senior leader and a delegate from Pennsylvania, at New York in July 1754 in Albany.... [tags: Benjamin Franklin]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- Benjamin Franklin represents a role model of an American who started from rags to riches. Benjamin Franklin structured the American life politically by structuring the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Stamp Act, The Treaty of Paris, as well as other important acts and documents. Economically he helped create jobs by being an inventor and entrepreneur. Socially he fought for the education of man. The Albany Plan of Union was a proposal to create a unified government for the thirteen colonies, suggested by Benjamin Franklin, then a senior leader and a delegate from Pennsylvania, at New York in July 1754 in Albany.... [tags: Benjamin Franklin]
1353 words (3.9 pages)