The website, particularly devoted to Dan Eldon has many pro’s and con’s. The way the website is composed is very accessible and organized because of the different tabs. You can find everything you want to know about Dan Eldon in just one website. My favorite part of the website was seeing the videos of Dan and what he loved to do. I could feel his passion for the things he was doing, and made me want to explore the world, just like him. The colors throughout the pages makes it a fun and inviting website; because sometimes a website can look boring if there is text written all over it, then it can change your overall perception of the specific topic. The negative thing I didn’t like about the website was the inability to zoom in on his journal entries. In the description of his journals, it talked about clippings from newspaper articles, a grain of rice he put in an entry and dialogue he added in; all of which are details I wish I could have been able to see.
An image from Dan’s Final Pages journal looks like it was taken out of someone’s nightmare. The journal page is a photograph of a shadowed male figure holding; what looks like an assault rifle i...
... middle of paper ...
...e they might be unaware of. Throughout his journals, Eldon’s style shifts and evolves as he reflects his explorations of the world and his emotions within. Each page in the journals has their own meaning, a meaning Dan felt he needed to publicize even if we might portray the messages differently. He fought ignorance and encouraged the world to step in and help.
Since the beginning of us, we were recording things we wanted to last. Throughout his life, he witnessed poverty, famine and war but he also encountered beautiful people and animals. Even though some of his journal entries might have been without words, there are many messages that could be understood from just a photograph. Language is within just a photograph, a message that makes us aware of the present. His creative spark turned into passion and determination to make a difference in the world around him.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Rollingstone.com As s fan of music, movies, TV and just about all things pop culture it was hard for me to choose which was my favorite website. In this day and age, any and all information is just a click away. I chose a website that gives me access to all of these things and more, Rollingstone.com. As I subscriber to the magazine since 1997, I remember getting excited when they day came every 2 weeks or so (depending on the US postal service) when a new Rolling Stone magazine would find it's way into my mailbox.... [tags: Internet]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Analysis of the Official Website of Major League Baseball Major League Baseball is not only America’s favorite past time but, it is also one of America’s longest known sports. As the playoffs approach this year baseball gets more intense as the teams try to secure their playoff position as well as making the wildcard cut. The Major League Baseball website is to everyone who loves the game and wants to follow up on all the latest games along with the great plays of the day. There is a step by step process for following every game of the day.... [tags: Website Major League Baseball]
696 words (2 pages)
- Introduction Most people today are fairly used to purchasing things online. I remember a few years ago when my father ordered his first DVD online. He was so nervous, thinking someone was going to steal his credit card information or that his shipment would arrive broken or inaccurate. I can almost remember the look on his face when his shipment not only arrived on time but in perfect condition. Since then it has been a breeze for my father, as well as myself, to purchase online. I personally buy everything from books to tablets online.... [tags: Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, Online shopping]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Neuroscience for Kids After reading information on the neuroscience for kid’s website I learned a lot but the link that I enjoyed reading the most was neurothics. In this paper I will discuss how test could help in cases to know if someone is lying or not, how medicine helps the brain to function as normal, and how having a smart pill would not be something our world needs. To start technology has come a long we are now able to measure the electrical activity of the brain. What are the benefits of this you may ask.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- The year is 2003. Every teenager and young adult are scrolling down their MySpace profile page they made with their supposed blood, sweat, and tears to make as perfect as can be. In the corner is the selfie they took with a digital camera and they admire their profile filled with blinking wallpapers, streaming videos, and new friend requests and messages awaiting them. Their favorite band is blaring in the background and it is as if MySpace is their own customizable personal locker room decorated with various dazzling features.... [tags: MySpace, Social network service, Facebook]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- I used the class website all of the time because the provided materials gave me an idea on how to do the essays. The handouts were very helpful by giving me instructions on how to do the essay and gave examples on how to do the essays correctly in proper format. The website provided a syllabus and agenda on what would be covered during the semester in English Comp I and how everything is done in the class. The class website helped me with my grammar usage in my essays where it gave me notes and handouts on how to properly use grammar in my notes.... [tags: Writing, Short story, Essay, Essays]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- My Favorite APOD Nebula Images There are numerous mysteries contained within the Cosmos that have yet to fully be analyzed and appreciated. The unique events that transpire within the Universe everyday are unbelievably remarkable and captivating. Hidden within the immense ocean of stars we see every night lays an even more incredible spectacle in the form of Nebulae. The paragraphs that ensue will delve into the creation of Nebulae, and the many intriguing aspects of the most visually appealing amongst these particular phenomena.... [tags: Hydrogen Gas, Supernova Remnant]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction February 2005 was an important date in the cyberspace when three former PayPal staff decided to leave the company and launch YouTube, a video-sharing website which offers services of uploading, watching and sharing users’ videos without any charge. Loads of new registered users soon made the site well-known; so much that it drew the attention of Google. The Internet giant then bought the website in November 2006, and the site now runs as a Google’s subsidiary. Being an eye-catching medium of communications, YouTube has made a major contribution to education worldwide (Bonk, 2009).... [tags: educators, culture based videos]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Sometimes we are indeed our own worst critic. Growing up I always struggled in certain areas of school. Seeing some of my peers excel almost effortlessly in school made me think that perhaps I just was not as smart as them. Along the way, I realized that was not true at all. It turns out we all have strengths and weaknesses. Although I struggled with math, I always did exceptionally well in English. I just had to figure out what I was not good at and spend a little extra time and effort in those areas.... [tags: Learning, Intelligence, Educational psychology]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- ... The next step I took was finding jobs that met my qualifications after I graduate this fall. The city of McKinney Texas had an opening for a Police Officer and the requirements were typical for most police department. A written test, physical test and drug test in order to be consider for proper police training. The website was a basic website with instructions and a place to fill out the application. It was a typical black and white color scheme, regular government website. The next job openings was found on OMNI hotels and resorts and the position was lost prevention manager the requirements were a four year degree and I will meet those qualifications after I graduate.... [tags: activities, goals, website, test]
1357 words (3.9 pages)