I like watching films when I feel tired or bored and my favourite types of film are comedy and action. There are a lot of funny scenes in comedy. It makes me laugh and forget that I’m unhappy. Action film is exciting. The stirring stunts attract all my attention and make me feel like on the edge of my seat. But I don't like science fiction films, because there are so many fantasies in the film that I am not interested ! I also don't like horror movies. Ghosts, blood, broken legs and hands are so frightening and disgusting! Every time I see a horror movie I can't go to the washroom alone because I think there might be a ghost in it!
As I say watching my favourite type of film makes me feel relaxed. There are several films that make me delighted and relaxed no matter how many times I watch them. One of my most favourite films is a comedy called "Fat Choi Spirit".
This film was directed by famous H...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The film that I chose was My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The movie is a romantic comedy about a 30-year-old single woman Toula living in Chicago with her family. As a Greek girl, being raised by a very traditional Greek family she always wanted to be like the other girls instead of going to Greek School she wanted to attend traditional public school and eat American. She was looked down upon by her family because she was supposed to be married to a Greek man, have Greek children, and feed people, which she had not yet accomplished at 30.... [tags: Sociology, Culture, My Big Fat Greek Wedding]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- There have been many influences over the past few months that have bloomed into this lesson. They came as bits and pieces that I either heard or witnessed. While they stuck in my memory, I never really saw their significance until this past Sunday. I was in church and Jay was leading worship when all of a sudden the light came on and there was a complete picture in my mind. If you would indulge me for a moment I would like to lay these “puzzle pieces” out for you in order to support my statement that the Holy Spirit quietly talks to us continually and to also give credit to the people whose words have influenced this lesson.... [tags: Holy Spirit, Christianity, Jesus]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- One of the primary works of the Holy Spirit is to bring men and women into a meaningful encounter with the Risen Christ. Guided by His Spirit, we can truly discover Jesus Christ and develop a genuine relationship with Him if we respond with total surrender and generosity. Soon enough, Christ’s love becomes the center of our lives and saturates us with joy and peace. Hence, when we have had a personal encounter with Jesus Christ by the Spirit’s power, our greatest desire is that our loved ones may also enjoy a similar experience.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Holy Spirit, Trinity]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- War on the Human Spirit in Apocalypse Now Although Apocalypse Now is an extremely formalistic film from Francis Ford Coppola, he was quoted saying, "It's not about Vietnam, it was Vietnam!" He took quite a bit of time researching the war finding out what life was like for one taking part in the war. It is possible that any man, American or Vietnamese, may have been placed under the extreme psychological conditions of Captain Willard. In fact, in the opening scene, Martin Sheen was genuinely intoxicated and while on a rampage, Coppola video taped his madness and placed it in the script.... [tags: Movie Film Essays]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- The Release of the Spirit Brother Watchman Nee is the first recognized Chinese theologian in the west. His books were read by many western brothers and sisters. Yet in Chinese Christian circles, he is a disputed person. For those like him, he is a hero that no others can exceed. For those do not like him because of the controversies caused by his successor Mr. Witness Lee. Most of the Chinese Christians do not want to get involved into this minor issue. They regard Nee as a great theologian and Martyrdom, but do not read his books.... [tags: Jesus, Holy Spirit, Christianity]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Fats and lipids are important parts of the diet and nutrition that bodies can’t live without; however, the body only requires small amounts of fat to function well. As a result, consuming too much fat can cause serious health problems like obesity, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Eating a lot of food that contains a high lipid content can cause cardiovascular problems, and heart diseases. Without fat, organs are more likely to get damaged. Lipids make up the body structure and function living cells.... [tags: Nutrition, Unsaturated fat, Fat, Fatty acid]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- The movie of My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a story of a traditional Greek Family and their thirty year old daughter Toula who had pass the age of getting married and starts a family of her own . Toula’s and her family lived in a normal middle class neighbourhood in a traditional Greek home with Greek statues on their front lawn, and owned a nice Greek restaurant name the Dancing Zorbas where she work as a seating hostess (My) Although, traditional roles may be a thing of the pass . Most traditional families expect that their children should follow traditional norms and values, and even though, Toula wish she had a different life , was braver,and even prettier, nothing never changes for her.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Culture]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- In my old school, the sports were the part of our education it was as important as writing, science, and mathematics, because of sports you could get the scholarships that you want. Competitive sports did not become too intense, they are not the curse, in fact, they are the blessing. Throughout ages people competed and won or lost. They gained confidence and continued no matter what, not only in sports but in daily life as well. Sports not only help you develop initiatively, they will also take you far in life; reduce body fat, increase your ability to recover faster, and help you get more social in life.... [tags: develop, fat, recover, social, improve, learn]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- Fools Rush In and My Big Fat Greek Wedding Every movie that is written has a certain attitude to it. Some of these are intended to be laughed at and others are meant to be heartfelt. Though each movie is written with its own voice, so to speak, many have similar plots or themes. The two movies Fools Rush In and My Big Fat Greek Wedding are two of these movies that have similarities in the themes, but not necessarily in the plots. Both of these romantic comedies have strong religious backgrounds on the woman’s side of the family and differences in culture.... [tags: Movies Movie Film Essays]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Where Is the Spirit. It’s Friday night at Matthew’s Arena where the men’s hockey team is ready to take on the University of New Hampshire Wildcats and it seems as if nobody is here except for UNH fans. Where are the Northeastern fans. Instead of Northeastern’s black and red, the Wildcat’s blue is overtaking the arena. Why is Northeastern so different from other universities who have thriving traditions and throngs of fans at every event. Is it because our sports teams are not as recognized. Or do the students here just have better things to do.... [tags: Athletics Hockey School Spirit Essays]
1770 words (5.1 pages)