Through the work that I plan to complete though the program, I hope to explore a variety of issues that put a strain on peace within communities outside of my own. My main interest in the topic is that despite being in different locations, many nations and societies face similar aspects of conflict within themselves. I would like to further explore the relations among the nations in east and southeast Asia. How violence becomes present and how these leaders or even citizens approach these matters is critical in understanding what the proper action for resolution is. As countries, such as Chi...
... middle of paper ...
...rstanding of how to act as a third party in settling disputes among individuals and institutions. Not only will I be learning how to act as a mediator, I will also gain experience in acting as one. This experience will act as a preview to what I hope to accomplish in the future.
Upon completion of the program I hope to be able to see the world from a different perspective. I find that it is easy to shut out the rest of the world and ignore the issues that are not directly affecting my way of life. By understanding how and why conflict emerges, where it stems from, and how to aid in lowering its presence, I hope to be able to work to promote peace in nations facing volatile atmosphere. This BDP program will give me a preview to the work that lies ahead as I work towards promoting a more peaceful environment where people will not have to flee their homes to feel safe.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Heidi Wagner Mrs. Cox American Studies 3-4 16 February 2015 The Father of Animation “Walt Disney established a business empire based upon fantasy and what he considered to be good, old-fashioned fun”(The State Historical 1). When Disney was young, his family moved around a lot. Though, most of his childhood was spent in Marceline, Missouri, where he first started to draw. He then moved to Kansas City, where he fell in love with trains. Later, he moved back to Chicago, where he was born, and started taking art classes.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- In today’s society more than half of all marriages end in divorce. Taking this statistic in account with my personal experience I would agree with it because more than half of all my friends’ parents are divorced. However, my family was one of the different ones because my parents were married and had been for twenty-five years. Until I was sixteen, the summer of my senior year a traumatic event occurred in my life: I learned that my parents were getting a divorced after twenty-five years of marriage.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Mother, Father]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Margaret Ann Martin was born in Greenfield, Nelson County, Virginia on January 20th, 1834. Her parents were Hudson Martin and Nancy Thorpe. Hudson Marton was born in Virginia in 1765. At the close of the Revolutionary War, Giddeon Martin, his after moved to Kentucky. Giddeon Martin had fought for seven years in the Revolution under General George Washington. Hudsont Martin and Nancy Thorpe were married March 22nd, 1824. The following children were born to this union John, their only son, and daughters Jane, Mahalley, Margaret Ann, Nancy and Jennie.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- It had been just you and your mother for as long as you could remember. Alice Callahan was a fixture in South Boston from a large blue collar Irish American family and it came to no surprise that se got knocked up at eighteen without the future father in question. Most of your youth was spent shuffled around between your grandparents and your mother’s siblings while she worked during the day and attended night classes to pick up a nursing degree. When you were old enough to stay on your own you turned into a latch key kid in a public housing area, locking the door behind your mother on her way to work and plopping yourself in front of the television until you could barely keep you eyes open.... [tags: Family, Father, Prince, Mother]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- An individual’s personality can be determined by certain events, hobbies, or influenced by those who surround them. In Riley’s life, her personality had been determined by those characteristics. Her five main islands of personality were: Goofball Island, Family Island, Friendship Island, Hockey Island, and Honesty Island. These correlated to some event that occurred in her life, or a “core memory”. For example, Goofball Island was developed after she streaked through the house as a child, running away from her father.... [tags: Mother, Family, English-language films, Father]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- I. Modern world, that when one is hungry, they can just easily walk to the food store or drive to the nearest Wendy’s. Now imagine waking up everyday having to hunt for your food. II. The Tarahumara Indian tribe, in the Mexican Copper Canyon, is known to hunt in distances superseding a marathon distance in order to capture and provide food for their families. (Mcdougall,2009) III. Audience Interest: Before the invention of hunting bows about 200,000 years ago, early humans hunt with stone tipped spears, although they will not go against toe to toe against a carnivore, so they use a technique called persistent hunting.... [tags: hunting, running, foraging techniques]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- Michael Ondaatje's Relationship with his Father in his Work, Running in the Family The jacket description embossed on the back cover of the Vintage publication of Michael Ondaatje's Running in the Family gives the reader a false sense of what the book is about. To some it is a "lyrical and witty" tale of "broken engagements, and drunken suicide attempts," and to some it may be "an inspired marriage of travel narrative and family memoir" (jacket). The front cover, however, provides the most valuable information about the book.... [tags: Running in the Family Essays]
1836 words (5.2 pages)
- "Save me" screamed Sarah who stabbed to death by a serial rapist/murderer. The murderer, Pedro, was a fugitive for 2 years. You know, running away from the cops for murdering dozens of innocent souls. He went on the run, from Liverpool England to where else but the land of fatness, the land of ignorance and stupidity, the lad that has some of the most weird and peculiar sates in the world, the state where a rapist and murderer would fit in quite nicely. Texas, America. From Texas there have been many gory, disturbing, wired, frightening stories.... [tags: Running Man Essays]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Running is very good for humans in many different ways. It is a great way to get exercise, and a great way to meet new people. There are many positives, and some negatives, it is easy, enjoyable and makes humans more social, you can do it at anytime, and it relieves stress rather than give stress. Although there are some negatives with running, there are also many positives. Many people run because of the health reasons. It is good for the heart and lungs and people run in the fresh air. Running outside rather than inside is good for you too because of the fresh air.... [tags: exercise, running, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- There are two main phases to the running cycle: Support and Forward Recovery Support Phase: This is the phase when the runner is touching the ground, and makes up about 30%-40% of the running cycle. Foot-strike: The foot touches the ground slightly ahead of the center of mass. When the foot contact occurs, several actions take place: the knee flexes, the tibia internally rotates, the ankle plantar flexes, and the subtalar joint pronates (Miliron & Cavanagh, 1990). It is necessary to have a certain amount of pronation to disseminate the energy of the foot-strike.... [tags: Sport Run Running Athletics]
424 words (1.2 pages)