In my time spending in those places, my father taught me many things. I remember as a kid sitting on the lap of my father, while I was holding the wheel and he was controlling the gas pedal. I asked him questions like “How does a car start?” He would answer in simple words by saying, “This car starts when we put the ignition key; the power from the battery reaches the small gears (starter motor) and the big gear (the flywheel) will meet, causing the fly wheel to start rotating: then the car starts. “How come when we step on the gas pedal the car starts moving?” “This actually happens by the clutch of the car, which is used to smoothly transfer power from the engine to the wheels. And if it is pressed forcefully, the gas pedal causes friction with the ground, making a noise. So that is why it should be stepped on gradually.” These trips not only made me learn about technology more, it made me develop a relationship with my father. This was a big triumph for me and I continued to go there. In my freshman and...
... middle of paper ...
...o endure, she was fulfilled seeing me getting educated. And as much as I can, I made her be proud of my grades. My mother has taught me to endure difficult times with resolve. Even though we didn’t have much, my mother has always had a smile on her face that made me never detect the stress that she was under. She always has told me to dream high and I will receive what I dreamt. I admire my mother and hope that in the future I can pass obstacles like my mom. From my mom’s experience and advice, I have received wisdom and knowledge that educators can’t teach me.
My parents always tried enrich me. They encouraged me to follow my dream. They risked their marriage and life just for me to grasp my goal. I didn’t get knowledge only from school, but most importantly from my parents. With the morals and ethics they instilled in me, they made the person that I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Growing up, all I really wanted to do is go fast. Since my father is a mechanic and a drag racer, it was inevitable that I would be involved in the culture as well. Whether it be on my bike, a dirt bike, an ATV, or cars; I’ve raced them all. I was not only interested in speed, but also improving whatever I had at the time to make it go even faster. I fell in love since the beginning, but I never questioned the reasoning behind it. Ever since I could turn a wrench, I have been working on cars. I love it, it’s the favorite of all my passions, and I can’t get enough of it.... [tags: Family, Race, Drag racing, Grandparent]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- There was once a time when people would get up on a Saturday morning, go into the garage, and tinker with their car, everything from a basic oil change and a tune up, to replacing the cylinder heads, and everything in between. It was a rite of passage for young boys to follow dad into the garage and have some good quality father/ son time, or it was a few friends getting together for an afternoon of friendship and camaraderie. It was a simpler time and a simpler car. Today, times have changed. Modern cars are now so complex that a person needs specialized training and tools to do the repairs; however, the “Shadetree Mechanic” is not extinct yet.... [tags: modern cars, popular mechanic]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- I forgave my father as I grew older and learned that just because someone communicates differently then you do it doesn’t make them wrong. Once I was able to find my own voice and stand up for myself our relationship became much clearer. The pragmatic and sarcastic personality I had been so afraid of as a child seemed to be much more understandable as I discovered that I had the same personality too. I forgave my father once I accepted the fact that he was human, and not a superhero. Sometimes I believe that children put their parents on a pedestal and forget that their parents are human, which means they make mistakes too.... [tags: Mother, Father, Obsessive–compulsive disorder]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Nichlaus Schwartz ENGL 110-2469 My Best-friend. My Twin. My Father. What are first impressions. According to Merriam-Webster, an impression is an especially marked and often favorable influence or effect on feeling, sense, or mind. In reality, first impressions are much more than an association, especially living in a world when the masses believe two chances is one too many. First impressions generate or consume the professions we obtain, the dates we land, the colleges we earn, and other circumstances in life.... [tags: Family, Father]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- My family consist of my two parents and my two younger sibling. We have lived in the same household for over twenty years. My mother is Carol, my father is Roger, my sister who is sixteen is Marie, my brother who is thirteen is RJ, and then there is me LeAnn who is twenty. My mother has always given the emotional support that is needed. This helps with the job that she has always had as a special education school teacher. My father has always been there financially working as a truck driver, mechanic, and currently as a glass technician.... [tags: Family, Parent, Mother, Father]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Ever since I could go with my dad in the tractors and equipment on the ranch, I knew I wanted to be a part of its operation. I have always been fascinated with the operations of diesel engine and much of a valuable asset they are to our world today. I helped out on the ranch whenever I could driving equipment. In the summer time it was my job to operate the swather. I really enjoyed operating it as much as I enjoyed fixing it when it broke down. When it came time to go to college the decision for a major was pretty clear.... [tags: diesel technician, diesel engine, mechanic]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Are you experiencing little annoying problems with your vehicle that you know you can fix, but just don’t know how. If that’s the case, then there are many videos that you can use to help you with your vehicle. YouTube is a great site to use if you need to see a how to video about almost anything. In this case, we’re talking automobiles. There are many professional mechanics and regular people When it comes to purchasing that brand-new vehicle of yours, we all know that eventually it’s going to need some maintenance.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Mechanic, Brake]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- When a car breaks down on the interstate, someone comes and takes the car to the shop where a mechanic will fix the car. Usually, whenever something breaks, someone or something is always available to give hope to others in need. Similar to this idea, in the book This I Believe, authors share their stories about different life ideas that prove the quote about belief being the positive that holds the world together. The essays people wrote show belief is positive because when a person believes in something, the qualities of compassion, generosity, and selflessness are displayed.... [tags: Mother, Father, Life, Altruism]
1853 words (5.3 pages)
- Statement of purpose We live in a continually changing world; however, my passion of engineering broke that fact. I can always remember when I was a kid how much I was obsessed with how the stuff around me functioned. When I was six years old, I disassembled my father mechanical alarm clock to see how it works; I still remember the glaze in my eyes while watching the gears inside the clock moving in a specific way to make this beautifully elegant yet simple invention. Since that day I became more obsessed with how the mechanics behind objects around me worked.... [tags: High school, United States]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (James, 2013, Joshua 24:15 ) This biblical passage leaves no doubt as to the, whom do I belong, question. A far cry from the mantra of my household growing-up. I was born to two teen parents who had no idea what it meant to raise a child.... [tags: Family, Father, Mother, Nazi Germany]
1190 words (3.4 pages)