Earlier in the afternoon I had dropped the twins, Diana and Damian at school so they could practice for their award ceremony. I had spent the time just relaxing and playing games with Amy. Now Colin, Amy and I were back at the school. We entered through the St. George’s grand hall doors to a sea of green and black uniforms, there were hundreds of students. I could not find Diana or Damian in the crowd and we were welcomed by prefects who ushered us to our ticketed seats. I started to worry if Amy would cope with all these people around. We were shown to our seat and there beside us were Bella’s parents, Diana 's best friend. Amy threw out her arms and went straight to Jill.
“Hi Jill, Hi Murphy, how are you tonight?”
“Hey Barbara, I am great. Are you excited with the awards tonight?”
“I am so excited that both my children got awards. What about you are you excited about Bella’s science award Jill?”
“We are so excited and proud of Bella. She has been studying so hard with Diana, Mary and Jake. It’s sad that only one person can win the awards all the kids really tried hard.” said Murphy
“Maybe next year when they can enter the science group they can all go up there for a science award as a group.”
“That’s a great idea Barb, let’s hope they try for it.” said Jill
I suddenly saw Diana and Damian at the front of the room and waved at them.
“There are the kids. Have yours come to see you yet?”
“Yes, Bella came over before when she noticed we were here.”
Diana and Damian came over to us to say hello.
“Hey, mum and grandpa, Mr and Mrs Williams. Thanks mum and grandad for coming to this.” said Damian
“Yeah thanks for coming guys.” said Diana
“No problems sweeties we are always happy to come to your awards.” I felt a wash of pri...
... middle of paper ...
...ow did they become so confident and secure in themselves to be able to open up to others about our family? I have never been more proud of my kids as I am now. I felt Colin squeeze my hand as if he knew what I was feeling. I felt a tear welled up in my eye. My babies are growing up right in front of me, it seems like only yesterday that they were holding hands skipping off to Kindy together. Damian and Diana are so alike in the way they think of others, they are always asking ‘how can I help’ which reminds me of all the qualities that I love about Jason. Now I could see that Damian and Diana have blossomed into strong confident teenagers. I remember a quote by Princess Diana ‘family is the most important thing in the world.’ I am so blessed as my children make me a better person. They both achieve amazing marks, yet somehow they are both so humble and helpful.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Four years ago if you asked me how I picture my family, I would say that they are the best and I would never ask for anything else but now my mindset is completely changed. Approximately two years ago I found out that my mom had been cheating on my dad. Maybe it could have been forgiven if it was with a stranger and not with my uncle or it was only once not six years but nevertheless, my heart felt like it broke. As devastating as the day we found out was, it was the battle afterwards that was the hardest.... [tags: Family, Parent, Mother, Sibling]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- I remember it so vividly; I was at home with my little brother and older sister while my mom went on one of her three hour grocery trips where she’d come home with no groceries. But this time it was different, she came home and came into the house crying, she told my sister, Beena, and I that she needed to talk to us outside. My mom proceeded to tell us that she had been somewhere that she was not supposed to be and my dad saw her. My dad had known that something was going on, he just needed the evidence.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Mother, Parent]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- One morning I was woken by my mom who was in a panic. I was told to wake up and go to her room. I was so scared and worried and I could not figure out what was going on. Soon after I sat on her bed my little sister had joined me. Then soon after that my brother is walking in with my mom right behind. We were all still half asleep and confused by what was happening. I remember looking at my sister and her saying to me “Its daddy…” I did not know what to think. Maybe he got hurt, maybe he was sick.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Parent, Mother]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- My Family Earlier in the afternoon I had dropped the twins, Diana and Damian at school so they could practice for their award ceremony. I had spent the time just relaxing and playing games with Amy. Now Colin, Amy and I were back at the school. We entered through the St. George’s grand hall doors to a sea of green and black uniforms, there were hundreds of students. I could not find Diana or Damian in the crowd and we were welcomed by prefects who ushered us to our ticketed seats. I started to worry if Amy would cope with all these people around.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Full-time]
3022 words (8.6 pages)
- Have you ever had the feeling that you don’t belong to a place. I have. Growing up I felt that I was not a part of my family. Please, do not get me wrong I love my family. However, our ideas were so different, the way we think and act. From time to time, my family used to joke that maybe they changed me at the hospital because I looked like an outsider. Those jokes only reminded me that I did not feet there. I remember that often when I got home from school, I would find my mother sitting on the kitchen table in the dark and crying.... [tags: Family, Love, Marriage, Illegal immigration]
1741 words (5 pages)
- I grew up in a small home of six, including my mom, dad, three little brothers, and I. My three little brothers weren 't my only siblings, I had seven other siblings on my dad’s side; consisting of five sisters and two brothers. Although my other siblings never lived in the same home as me we went spent every summer together and also lots of time on the weekends. With me being the youngest sister I spent most of time trying to copy off of my older sisters. They would always find me playing in their makeup and clothes.... [tags: Sibling, Family, Parent, High school]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- I grew up in a home many would view as non-traditional. We weren’t the type of family who hugged or were verbal about our feelings. Of course my family wasn’t always this way. It began after my mom became ill with both bone and breast cancer. After she passed on my family was never the same. My siblings and I no longer began to receive the kind of nurturing most families seemed to supply. Without our mom in our lives our worlds fell apart. At the age of five I couldn’t seem to comprehend how someone so loved could leave the earth so soon.... [tags: Family, Debut albums, Father, Mother]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- As soon as I walked into the living room, I sensed that something was different. I then started at our entertainment system and noticed that all of my dad’s DVDs and CDs were gone. Immediately, I rushed into my parent’s bedroom, and opened their closet. Just as I thought, my dad’s side of the closet was empty. I made my way into the kitchen and there my mom was, laughing and talking with my aunt and grandma. She had no idea that my dad finally decided to leave us. We had spent majority of our day out running errands with my aunt and grandma.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Full-time]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- I was born in Guanajuato, Mexico in Oct, 1994 to a young couple named Jovita and Miguel. I was raised in the country side, in a small town in the big state of Guanajuato, Mexico. I am one on the three children in my family to be exact I’m the middle one in my family. I have my brother Rolando he is the older one and I have a little sister Karen. My parents don’t have so much education they barely finished middle school in Mexico. My mother drop out of middle school because at that time she had to work to help my grandparents at home.... [tags: Family, High school, United States, College]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Family Tradition Eyes glowing in excitement, body squirming in thrill for the weekend that is about to happen. My mom asks me “Are you all packed and ready to go to the cabin?” I reply anxiously “YES,YES, yes!” Every year on July third, fourth and fifth of July my family gathers at my family’s lake cabins. It is like a huge party only for the Scott’s. My family has property on Mokins Bay on Hayden Lake there is a total of four lake cabins all right next to each other. My dad and his two brother’s each have one for them and their families and then his parents have the biggest one in the middle of all of them.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1109 words (3.2 pages)