My aspiration has always been to be the first in my family to finish high school. By achieving this I will create great motivation for the young people around me. The idea of being able to inspire others by being the first to graduate keeps me motivated to do better. I was once told "We were born in poverty and in poverty we die...” this made me realize that I didn’t just want to be a high school graduate working in a grocery store for the rest of my life. Simply because I was born in a household with a low income didn 't mean I could not pursue a career. These motivated me to change the “label” society had given me to one of my own that read graduate.
In elementary school I once read the book Oh, The Places You’ll Go! This book entirely changed my way of thinking as a young kid, which has had an influence on where I am now. “You have the brains in your head. You have the feet in your shoes, You can steer yourself in any direction you choose…” is my favorite quote from this book and is something I keep in mind all the time. I realized that I could do gr...
... middle of paper ...
... person who does not like asking for much help and prefers to find a solution independently. My senior year showed me that it life cannot always work that way, there will be times that one will require of someone else to help get across the problem.
While trying to accomplish something there will always be some kind of obstacle, but if one doesn’t allow it, it will not stop them. The proverb “Solo esta derrotado quien se da por vencido” is something I like to live buy. In English it basically means that you are only defeated if you give up. I have learned that there will be times that life puts its foot in front of us to test our strengths and we must figure out how not to let it trip us. During my high school years I have faced more conflicts than I can count, I admit it has been a major challenge trying to get to where I am know, but surely it has been worth it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout my high school experience, there have been multiple factors that contributed to sub par performance. Although these obstacles I have faced may appear as a hindrance, many levels of improvement can be seen through my grades, achievements, and various occupations. My interest in Northern Illinois University is driven by a need to turn my weaknesses into strengths, offering an eagerness to learn in an environment fit for my growth. Music performance remains key in providing a glimpse of what I will study in my collegiate goals.... [tags: High school, College, Illinois, Gospel music]
705 words (2 pages)
- 9th ELSA at UCLA- ELSA = using chemicals to see if there is venom in roses Chinese - first year 10th english- change.org with partner tried to add another barbie of other ethnisities + computer science 11th LGBTQ field trip, 12th I 've been in Vaughn since day care. I am considered a Vaughn Baby, someone that has always been at Vaughn since a child up till high school. I grew up in this school thus it was logical that when I was entering high school I wanted to move.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, Sophomore]
2889 words (8.3 pages)
- High School Experience I had more than one high school experience. I went to three different high schools. However, I was born in Puerto Rico were high school stars on tenth grade not in ninth grade, ninth grade is the last year of middle school. So technically I went to four different high schools. My ninth grade school was called Josefina Ferrero. It was a small, public school located in a suburban, middle class neighborhood. The neighborhood was quite, I remember that in one of backyard of the houses that were in front of the school there was a little store with chairs and tables and we all used to go and buy candy, ice, cheese dogs and thing like that and there was also a pharm... [tags: High school, School, Middle school, Social class]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- When addressing the topic of specialized diplomas in high schools, numerous individuals feel the need to state their opinions, educators and students alike favor this idea, stating it is simply best for students and gives them a competitive edge. Meanwhile, others disagree, saying freshman and sophomore students are not capable of making such decisions. It is, in my opinion, favorable to have a high school experience that allows children to focus on their future career rather than wasting their time on trivial topics.... [tags: High school, University, Education, College]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Lack of Experience How are kids suppose to learn the most valuable lessons in life if their parents don’t allow it. Overprotective parenting causes kids to miss out on lessons that best prepare them for their futures. Most lessons are best learned when someone fails, or does something wrong. Failure helps teach and guide people how to overcome their tasks so they can eventually become successful. People learn from their failures, which will later on help them in one way or another in their futures.... [tags: High school, Lie, Parent]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- I had the best high school experience. I had so much fun but at the same time I did some things wrong, but who cares that was high school I didn’t have any responsibilities or things like that. When I first got to high school it was normal to me because since I was middle school I had a lot of friends in school, and once I got to the high school I went “American Senior High” it was awesome. I n my freshman year I very lazy and crazy since I had all my friends there. I remember we would skip class, skip school and for that reason I failed math.... [tags: High school, Graduation, Secondary school, College]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- High school has been a very irreplaceable experience for me. It has been a very hilly road with many ups and downs. I look back to freshman year and it is hard to believe that in only a couple months I will have reached my first destination out of many more. I feel like my high school experience has very well prepared me for college and facing the real outside world as a whole. Overall, I feel like I have been equipped for not only college, but also life as a whole. I have learned how to how with others and express what I think appropriately.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
1407 words (4 pages)
- As a teacher, you never know what the next student may ask you. When a sixth grade student of mine said to me that she was struggling with her Ancient Egyptian worksheet, all I told her was to think of was her school hierarchy system. She was so surprised that I could relate to her a boring subject to something she was really interested in. The sixth grader later approached me thanking me for making her understand the overall lesson and I was overwhelmed with emotion. I, a college student working towards my teaching degree was able to assist her in a way she actually understood.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Growing up I didn’t really enjoy school. Looking back on it now, I think it was because I didn’t try hard enough. I was very scared to ask questions and very introverted as well. My shyness prohibited me from being successful in school, particularly in middle school. In middle school it, was worse because I struggled a lot in math and again had introverted qualities. In, high school, I realized I really liked history and reading it was very interesting to me. Additionally, I tried to do my best and to try new things.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Middle school]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- The High School Experience The high school experience is something that will forever dominate the psyche of most American adults. It was an unforgettable time of fun, rebel-rousing, summer loves and parties. It was a time of warm summer days at the pool and chilly autumn nights, watching the football team and wondering were the party was going to be that night. School dances and hotel parties. Seems like all I can remember are the good times. High School is a very emotional time for many teens and everything matters.... [tags: Papers]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- The Newly Formed Education Doctorate ( Edd ) Cohort Program At The University Of Mississippi
- Color Blindness And Its Effect On The Perception Of Light
- Gender Inequality : A Social Problem
- Social Class And Its Impact On Society
- Sports Vs. High School Sports
- Technology Has Improved Over The Past Decades