Smart phones are a vast growing technological device that has helped many people shape the way they live their lives, utilizing it to do many daily activities ranging from professional, education or simply for fun and games. With the ongoing growth of end users, developers have been coming up with intriguing ideas and creations to use some applications through our smart devices to make our life easier, healthier and more organized. One of the applications that are available for smart phone users is health and habit changing process, which will help the user change their way from an unhealthy way of living to a more healthier and vivid life style. As a reflection on my experience with healthy habit changing application, I have utilized an application called Stepz, I realized the things I learned during my several weeks journey that could impact the way I live my every day life and possibly change a habit from one to another. The following is to describe what it took to monitor and change a behavior of mine were I have been able to manage to change my habit using the application Stepz.
This essay starts by presenting the health and fitness application. Then, I describe my experience in overall when using the application. After that, I discuss the experience and the application and my final conclusion.
2. HEALTH AND FITNESS APPLICATION
It has been known that smartphones are equipped with powerful processors that provide users with similar functionalities as a wearable step count sensing devices. Because of the higher accessibility and widespread use, I chose to use step-counting application.
2.1. CHOOSING CRITERIA
On iPhone 5, the Apple Health application has a very limit option to monitor and track ac...
... middle of paper ...
...ing myself how important is it to embrace intrinsic or extrinsic motivation? It has been found in SDT that people intrinsically motivated are more likely willing to engage in tasks. As soon as I figured out that choosing a key requirement for sustaining my motivation is by keeping things interesting and enjoyable while doing the required task, which is changing my behavior toward a better healthiness, I started implementing it in my day-to-day activity and I have seen much better results then from my previous experiences.
3.3. THEORY IN BEHAVIORAL CHANGE
Human behaviors are shaped through a complex interplay of causes at different levels. In the field of behavioral change, several theoretical frameworks have been introduced and recognized. In my experience, the better way to express how I adopted the healthy behavior was a result from the social cognitive theory.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I remember when I was signing up for online school, how nervous I was. I was nervous because I am a visual learner I was afraid of not grasping the cncept of what I could not see. Now, I am at week two and I find online learning to be interesting and flexible to my life. I am always busy between work, children, church, and extra activities. I have been working at a hotel now for a year and a half, and I love the environment. I enjoy meeting new people, getting to know the guest, and making the guest smile.... [tags: Learning, Management, Reactive, Time management]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- At ted talk, “How to make Healthy Eating Unbelievably Easy” Luke Durward recalls that after breaking his leg, he used his time to return home and mentor his little brother on healthy eating by illustrating his brother 's dramatic transformation, he shares one of the obvious secrets that is repeatedly overlooked by dieters. According to Durward, his strategy for making healthy eating habits easy to implement is by matching the environment to work toward achieving his goal. For example, removing the food from the front of his eyes and switching the menu with all the bad (unhealthy) optional to healthy optional such as choosing to eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and healthy fa... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Junk food, Eating]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Now whenever he gets into a negative emotional state of mind he drinks so he wouldn’t have to deal with it. It developed into habit which whenever he is in negative emotional state of mind he has to drink and the habit still until today hasn’t gone away. This is bad habit that he shouldn’t have gotten into instead of running away from this he should’ve faced it instead of picking up a bottle. Being around a family that abuses drinking alcohol it can make a great influence on the kids of that family which can make them drink and develop the habit also.... [tags: emotional, family, drink, habit]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- From the knowledge, I have collected over the years of trying to find the right steps to take to begin a healthy eating habit. Since I completed the food tracker part of this class, my eating habits have fallen off quite a bit. I got tired of eating chicken and rice began to eat pasta and hamburgers. I tend to eat more meat than grains or more greens that grains. I found that some of my eating habits meet the dietary guidelines not all. After really looking into my health and eating I do see improvement in my eating knowledge by that I mean what is good and bad for me and how much I can eat before it begins to hurt me.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Eating, Dieting]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- ... In-turn comes the correlation of the 8th habit into the original 7 habits. The 8th habit focuses on one’s inner core, aspirations and desires, and one’s reason for living, one’s purpose. While one achieves their own voice or calling, one should believe in and encourage others to do the same for themselves. Understanding that not every person has traveled the same, maybe not even a similar, path that has been journeyed more often. During the research process I discovered a DVD in a sleeve in the 8th habit book.... [tags: character, habit, direction, foundation]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- If an incoming freshman asked me to help them with their study habits, I would give them tips based on my previous experiences at high school. There are so many tips I could give them but I’ll narrow it down to the ten most important that I’ll continue to use throughout my college education. Ninth grade can be a tough year getting used to the new surroundings and the amount of work that is now expected. It can be quite overwhelming but with the tips I’m about to give, freshman year will go by much smoother.... [tags: college, breaks, healthy]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Have you ever woke up (or been kept awake) with the thought "What am I doing?" Do you ever question the choices you make regarding your health and wellbeing. Do you want to enhance your life and ditch bad habits. Hopefully, you answered yes to at least one of those questions because then you can understand where I am in life. There are so many things I want to change in my lifestyle and it gets a little overwhelming at times. When I start to think of all of my bad habits and the poor choices I make I wonder how I could ever tackle all of my goals.... [tags: Nutrition, Vitamin, B vitamins, Folic acid]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- “If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability” – Henry Ford. I define myself as a student with high spirits of enthusiasm to learn and lead. I never had a satisfaction that can halt my education, since one goes keep on learning things, the need to learn more pop’s out. A person like me with high aim’s and aspirations always fetches to find a perfect platform to grab as much of knowledge as I can.... [tags: Sample Application Essay]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- ... My understanding further broadened with 2 internships of 2 weeks each that I underwent during my under graduation. The first internship was at Trident and Oberoi Hotels, Hyderabad where I was engaged in the design and execution of pile foundation and the pile load testing activity. As a result, I grasped the construction sequence of bored cast in-situ pile and its respective load testing using Kentledge method. My second internship was at Airport Authority of India site (Puducherry airport) where I was actively involved in the part execution of 1800m long runway.... [tags: experience, constuction, career]
732 words (2.1 pages)