My experience in film and television production has greatly contributed to my decision to become a film director. Most directors have several years of experience in a field related to motion picture, TV, or theater production. I have three years of training in broadcast journalism productions, three years in commercial production and direction, and one year of practice with the creation of a short film. During the process of creating a short film, I learned the importance of having a clear schedule and making sure that an appropriate amount of time is given to each part of the filmmaking procedure. When a clear schedule was not being followed, crew members became highly stressed.
My passion for cinematography stemmed from my love of art and creativity. In my four years of Media Arts classes, I learned that being creative and experimenting with different components of a project can e...
... middle of paper ...
...hat feeling. It is an indescribable feeling that I get whenever I accomplish anything, especially something in a field that I absolutely love. I know that I will only experience that feeling more and more as I work toward my goal. It is one of the major things that make me want to never give up on this dream of mine.
There is no career out there that is better suited for me than filmmaking. The journey may be long and difficult, but it will be worth it in the end. I will be able to entertain others, show my creativity and artistic capabilities, and display my experience and skill in filmmaking. When I have reached my first goal and receive a bachelor’s degree in theater, I will have gained valuable skills and I will be writing interesting and attention-grabbing material that will help me reach my ultimate goal of becoming a widely recognized, professional filmmaker.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In High school, my musical theater teacher, Ms. Renee Bucciarelli said to me during a rehearsal, “Matthew, don’t worry about the details around you-focus on your performance.” But I enjoyed the process of overseeing a production until its completion. When I performed I did not feel the same passion as I felt during the process it took to produce the actual project. Ms. Bucciarelli would always tell me, “I can see you have a production company some day.” I understood that I enjoyed creating projects, but I did not understand the premise of being a producer.... [tags: multi-media, production, film, television]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- Watch the classical film Grease and one can understand how relationships function in Western Society. The film tells a story of a boy (Danny) and a girl (Sandy) who falls in love. Through a series of misunderstandings they break up, but still somehow care for each other. Through ballads such as Summer Night’s that are still popular today, the film shows how differently males and females view relationships. Films like Grease are like a mirror, reflecting societal values and how it socializes its members.... [tags: Film Review, Love]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Review of the Film Adaptation of The Butcher Boy ‘The butcher boy’ was made into a film adaptation in 1997 by Neill Jordan and author of the original book Patrick McCabe. The Novel was highly praised and controversial. Many saw it as the best account of Irish childhood. Its time frame is reminiscent of the early 1960's. It is about a young boy called Francie Brady who becomes isolated from reality and eventually commit’s the ultimate sin of murder from this isolation he is experiencing.... [tags: Film Review, Compare Contrast]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- The film industry is constantly evolving with new technologies that can either assist the creative industries or hinder them. There are both positive and negative views as to whether the film industries future looks good. The positive effects of new distribution methods called Cinema cloud is one reason the film industry needs to stay current and on top of technology in the future, to be able to adapt to new processes. Streaming services such as Netflix are becoming increasingly popular, changing the way movies and television shows are viewed also creating original shows that fall exclusively to Netflix allowing audiences to be drawn into subscribing thus increasing profitability.... [tags: Film, Movie theater, Movie studio]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- The Lindbergh Kidnapping Case - The Film  It was August 26, 1974, when the first man to fly solo and nonstop across the Atlantic died of cancer in his home in Maui. He was 72 years old and had lived long enough to be worshipped and reviled by the American public. During the 18 months between the death of Lindbergh and the 1976 television production of The Lindbergh Kidnapping Case, the U.S. had endured some culture crises that were certain to challenge the self-image of “The American." Early in 1974 Patricia Hearst, publishing heiress, was abducted by the Symbionese Liberation Army only to resurface as Tanya, a gun-toting member of the gang of thugs.... [tags: Film Movie Essays]
3382 words (9.7 pages)
- After studying a GCSE and while studying this Diploma, a degree course within Media was an obvious choice to study at university. Initially studying GSCE Media as a fluke, my passion for the subject as grew throughout MidKent College and will continue you grow with yourselves and in due course into employment. Accomplishing and studying a production degree in the media sector will greatly increase the chances of gaining relevant entry career employment in something that I thoroughly enjoy. By moving on to the next educational step in my life, my knowledge and understanding of the arts will dramatically increase as there's only so much you're able to learn from a level three Diploma course.... [tags: GSCE Media, career choices and opportunities]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- ... 2K Resolution is related to digital cinema; it is a primary method of storing video as an electronic copy contained inside a storage device. Computer severs and hard drives are used to store the contents of the video. Digital cinema creates an electronic projection onto a large screen instead of projecting hard light like in traditional cinema projection. Although digital cameras are not exactly new, along with post production houses that have used digital technology for many years, there has been a big push for all-digital distribution which will eventually lead to the fall of motion picture film production by the end of 2015.... [tags: film, television, HDTV]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Not just that but also there is credits to be credited including Rob Ashford and Beth Mccarthy-Miller as directors. So many cast members you also might say , but on September 16 , 2013 , NBC revealed the full cast of the special. Want to know a little bit more about the history well in The Sound Of Music Live was broadcasted live from a stage in Bethpage , New York in about a budget of 9 million dollars which was not much you may think but one of the producers named Zadan considered it to be "one of the profoundly complicated , amazing experiences we've ever had" Zadan said.... [tags: Carrie Underwood, musical, lackluster, ]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Comparing Radio and Television Whilst examining radio and television, their similarities and differences, I felt it necessary to concentrate primarily with British terrestrial television and radio channels. Although conscious of the variety available, attempting to address all available stations would be foolhardy. A phone call to Sky Digital, which informed that they could offer a staggering 204 television channels, confirmed this. How times change. The three mediums of radio, film and television have, during the course of the twentieth century, become the dominant forces of media production.... [tags: Papers]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- Film is one of the most influential means of communication and a powerful medium of propaganda. Race and representation is central to the study of the black film actor, since the major studios continue to reflect and reinforce the stereotyps of our times. The depiction of blacks in Hollywood movies reinforce many of the misconceptions of the white majority rather than objective reality, limiting black actors to stereotypical roles. The movie "Soul Food" proved to be the inspiration for African-Americans hungry for balanced, realistic depictions of blacks in America The film is about a Chicago family who airs out its tribulations over Sunday dinner.... [tags: essays research papers]
1164 words (3.3 pages)