I haven’t been into politics too much in my life. I just didn’t care about what going on politically at the place I was at that time and didn’t have the interest about it. I have just always been interested in learning about computers and building one, computer technology consumed my life in a way that I didn’t care about politics. I don’t label mys...
... middle of paper ...
...ge and increasing the economy so they can benefit from it. I increased my interest in it because I understand the issue now more because I think about my future after graduating if I will find a job or not and that’s in every college graduate student. Students in college want to find a job right after they finish with college to make money, but if the economy is bad and they’re no jobs then they won’t have money to pay off their loans and make a living. That’s why I follow what’s happening with the economy and job issues every so often to see what’s the changes. I almost always get all my information from the internet. I think it’s very convince for me because it’s easier to find information about political issues and social issues. I sometimes watch the local TV news in the morning and at night to see what’s happening around where I live and not stay clueless.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I went to what I feel a lot of schools. I finished less than half of my elementary school in Iraq, finished the rest and one year of middle school in Egypt, then finished middle and high school in America, and now I am at the University of Houston. In schools in Egypt and Iraq, I didn’t really have a teacher who influenced my values or opinions at all. Even here in the US, I didn’t have teacher who influenced my values or opinions. I don’t really know why exactly, but my guess is probably because I am a quiet person.... [tags: Political party, Politics, Political philosophy]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- “You’re the only one who can make the difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it.” This is a quote by Magic Johnson that I use as my daily motivation. As a young athlete, I was often confused when it came to nutrition and sports. Why were the two so very important to professional athletes but the furthest thing from the mind of younger athletes. The curiosity followed me throughout high school and continued throughout my undergraduate career at Sam Houston State University. I found myself working out, challenging myself to different dietary suggestions, I had become my own personal experiment.... [tags: Physical exercise, Exercise, Mind, Bodybuilding]
713 words (2 pages)
- In the University of Houston-Downtown, there are a plethora of individuals attending. From 18 year olds to 60 year olds, the university assists everyone who is serious about bettering their lives with education. With “Major Opportunities” as their slogan, there are no let down of chances given to students. The three people I’ve interviewed: a fellow peer, my mother, and a UHD faculty member, all had an assortment of reasons of how the university affects them. The purpose of the interviews was to find out the purpose of the university to people associated with the college.... [tags: University, High school, Student, College]
1583 words (4.5 pages)
- 2012 was the year I graduated high school…fast forward four years and now I am preparing to study abroad. If someone had told my eighteen-year-old self this, I would not have believed it. If someone had told my nineteen or twenty year-old self the same thing, I still would not have believed it. You see, at that time I was a part of another institution, majoring in a field that held no interest to me. I was lacking motivation in such a way that I was beginning to disappoint those around me and myself.... [tags: Culture, Learning, Study abroad]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Sam Houston was born in the year March 2, 1793. He lived a life full of adventure, and with long lasting achievements. Houston was a courageous man, practical, peacemaker, sensible, and full of determination. Houston left home when he was a boy of age fourteen, and since then he never was the same again. He decided to live with the Native Indians; the Cherokee tribe settling with them by learning their language and native ways. Houston was an ambitious man in the political arena. He became the first and only man to ever become a governor of two states; Tennessee, and Texas, commander in chief in the army, and United States senator.... [tags: Biography ]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- The city of Austin became the capital of Texas in 1838 when two of Sam Houston’s protégés James Collingsworth and Peter Grayson ran against his nemesis Mirabeau B. Lamar. (Lomax paragraph 3, 2013) It didn’t become official till 1846 when it officially became a capitol. I think Austin was chosen as the capital over more thriving cities because of how the story of Stephen F. Austin actions against the Mexican government. He represented a huge part of the Texas Anglo population at the time as well.... [tags: geography, Stephen F. Austin]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- I initially developed an interest in fashion through costume and dress, as a member in the campus-based modeling organization on my undergraduate level. There I was exposed to several disciplines in fashion; all which strengthened and intensified my passion for the field of fashion. I was in an environment that supported creative expression, providing me with a new and different perspective on clothing as decoration. Though the group’s endeavors were collective efforts, individual growth in our creative processes was still encouraged.... [tags: modeling, image, work experience]
1056 words (3 pages)
- Pierpont- Pierpont Communications is a Houston based public relations firm with satellite offices in Dallas and Austin. The company may have offices in several different cities employees still work collectively on different clients and projects. Pierpont is a very versatile company and has clients coming from all different fields. Some of their larger clients are from the energy and transportation sectors. Pierpont’s Austin office initially started the internship program, due to their proximity to the University of Texas in Austin.... [tags: Public relations, Mass media, Newspaper, Blog]
2165 words (6.2 pages)
- Throughout my experience as a professor at the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, I have only come across a few students who I would consider TRUE standouts. Adrian Lozano would be one of them. Adrian was a young student of mine, handsome as hell with the wit of a coyote, who entered the university already completing two years of undergraduate work in high school, an accomplishment that could be something out of a movie. I met this young man when he was eighteen and noticed he was one of the youngest students, if not THE youngest student I have ever taught in my class.... [tags: Financial services, Insurance, High school]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- When most people are in the process of deciding their future college, they base most of their decision off of what the culture around a university is like. There are many aspects of the student culture around a university. It could be the ways different ethnic groups associate and live around campus, all the way to what the Greek life is like at the university. What do you think of when you hear the word "culture?" Perhaps art, theater and symphonies. Maybe you’re reminded of your family background, or the distinctive feel of cities like New York, Tokyo or Buenos Aires.... [tags: College, Universities, Education]
980 words (2.8 pages)