There were many decisions that I had to make while in school, some were good and some were bad, but I could not let the bad ones overweight my good ones. I was at Mountain Pointe High School for four year and I was the first generation of my family to complete and to graduate from high school. High school was a time in my live where I found out who my true friends are and experienced some of the most memorable events. There were times when I thought I was not going to make it and not be able to graduate with my class, but with hard work and dedication could achieve my four-year goal that made me who I am today.
When my senior year started in August of 2015, It felt like the weeks were passing by the hour. I remember I was sitting in my pre-calculus class doing homework with a couple of classmates when the principle made an announcement to remind the senior class to pick up their cap and gown during lunch. A rush of excited ran through my body knowing that in just a couple of months I am finally going to achieve my goal.
It was a Thursday morning on May of 2016, it was not just a typical Thursday morning, I have been out of school for a week now and this was the day that I finally get to walk onto the Mountain Pointe Football Field. I had been woken up by the sun rays beaming through my curtains, as if I have never seen light before. I slowly rolled out of my warm bed and dragged my tired body to the bathroom to perform my daily morning routine, shower, shave, and brush my teeth. I could feel my smile peeping out of me just thinking that today was going to be the day that I accomplish my biggest goal. Graduation wasn’t till seven o’ clock this afternoon, but I was ready to walk onto that field at eight in the morning. After enj...
... middle of paper ...
...e of the best accomplishments of my life because it has shaped who I am today. I could accomplish great things in family as the first generation. After graduation, it has made me open my eyes to the many wonders that is out there. It has mad made me gain independence in myself. I am now capable to accomplish any long-term goal that I put myself through because of this experience.
I am so blessed for everything that has happened to me throughout the years of my high school experience, good and bad. Since this experience, the happiest and most unforgettable journey of my life has come to an end. The memories, the laughter, and the friendships will always be stored in my heart. I am now attending Arizona State University majoring in criminal justice to achieve another memorable goal of mine. This isn’t the end, but it’s the start of a thrilling new chapter of my life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every senior looks forward to an amazing, and unforgettable senior trip. This trip represents the celebration of so many struggles, and hard work over the four years of high school. For others it might be the great joy of going out of state for the first time, and this time with no parents coming along. For me it turned out to be a surprise because I had no idea I was going to graduate early, for which I was able to assist. Yet for me, my senior trip turned out to be and adventure due to the many struggles I had to go through and the surprises it led to.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- The Mountain Home School District is the largest school district in the area, but compared to other schools in the state it is a medium size school in a rural area. I believe this rural area and the academics we have put into place within the high school and junior high school give our school a small school feel and mindset. The academics allow teachers to get to know their students and promote the success of our students. We currently have roughly 4,000 students enrolled K-12 and classroom sizes in the junior high average about 24 students.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Education]
1055 words (3 pages)
- In the case of Mountain School District, there is a clear hierarchical structure in place. Curriculum and reporting guidelines are established externally through the Ministry of Education. However, it is up to local school districts to develop a program that meets both these guidelines and the needs of the community. The school district operates schools under its umbrella and works with parent stakeholders to receive feedback. At the school level, School A has an administrator who manages daily operations including the teaching staff.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Staff, School district]
1953 words (5.6 pages)
- When any adolescent enters High School they are still young and on the search to find themselves. High Schooler’s often make bad decisions, but quickly see that these mistakes there to be learning experiences rather than to dwell on them. Often, for many students, High School does not present an extreme amount of stress, rather it is a a place to learn more about yourself. Once college hits, stress is the only thing on the mind. College students are always worrying about if they did their homework, if they have a big test coming up, if they studied enough, and if they even have enough money to pay their bills.... [tags: High school, College, High School Musical, School]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- The Next Step The majority of high school students share a common issue, making a decision to go to college. In this decision process there are a few things students look at while narrowing down their list to just a few schools. The characteristics of a school are one of the main things to look at. The location of the school, if that particular school has your intended major, the size of the college, and the tuition rates are all important. The next step after finding a few colleges of interest is to apply to those schools.... [tags: College, High school, Dormitory, Education]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Think back to when you were a high-school freshman and in PE. You look around and realize that many of your classmates are much more athletic than you could ever dream of being. You try your best and don’t want to seem like a quitter. But, you finally realize you just aren’t as wonderful as them and honestly do not enjoy sports at all. All of your friends’ play and your parents have always encouraged you to do well in sports and to be the best. You know there are other opportunities out there for you, but you don’t feel as popular just being satisfactory in school.... [tags: High school, College, High School]
1054 words (3 pages)
- It is the desire of every parent to take their children to a school where they will get the best education and a solid ethical and moral foundation for their future. With the overwhelming sphere of school choice, parents often tend to be confused on how to decide the type of school that is right for their children. There are public, charters, and private schools all showcasing their strengths and why they offer the best education on the land. To compound on this, there are a number of research studies that have been independently done some of them showing preference for one type of school against the other while others are indifferent.... [tags: High school, School types, Charter school]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- High School = High Standards High school “Best years of your life”, “Your friends forever”, “you need to make friends”, “sports are for the popular people”. All silly things that people fill one’s head with. For most this is never true. The best thing one can do in high school is please themselves. The worst thing to do in high school is to force yourself to fit in. One’s wants and needs vary from person to person. So just because there is a bigger group that enjoys the opposite of one doesn’t mean that you should conform just to have friends.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, College]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Narrative Essay Since I was in middle school I always was on honor roll, and I would dream about going to college. Once I got to my senior year of high school my dreams were starting to become my worst nightmare. I always thought that my final year of high school was supposed to be fun and enjoy the last few months I had left with friends until we graduate. During my final year of high school it was not fun and dandy like the High School Musical movies. I endured trauma of taking the ACT nine times and almost not being accepted into college.... [tags: High school, College, High School Musical, Scores]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Have we been lied to as students the last four years at high school. To a degree, I believe high school didn’t prepare us students for college, but I don’t believe that the teachers that make up the classes, are out to get us students for no reason. High school is a place that improves the overall development of a students’ intellect, and is a time where students can figure out what they want to do in life. High school however does not prepare students in a number of ways. High school is obviously easier than what the college standard is set at.... [tags: Education, University, School, High school]
1286 words (3.7 pages)