My past includes growing up in Vietnam. I was born in Ho Chi Minh, the biggest city in Southern Vietnam with many French architectures and diversity of cultures. Most people from other places in Vietnam come to Ho Chi Minh City to settle their business or look for a chance to stay in that city. I am one of the citizens with a Bachelor of Business Administration, so I am able to get a job in a trading company with a high salary. I worked as a coordinator between the United States customers and Vietnam factories for five years. Then two years ago, I married an American citizen and moved to the United States.
Because of my former schooling, I have learned the value of trustworthiness. When I was in seventh grade, I remembered there was an eccentric guy in my class. His name is Hung. His family was too poor to buy a new uniform for him. Therefore, he had only one shirt with fade, crinkly collar. He didn’t have any friends since he was not confident of his appearance and the most important is he was shy of his family. He just sat in the corner of class room and learned the lessons hard. He in fact was an excellent student with high scores in all assignments. In Vietnam, a classroom can contain fifty students, it 's different to the United State. Therefore, one row table has four persons and he was arranged to sit next to a girl. In one day, she cried and pointed at him to give back her watch since it was a present from her father. Everyone looked at him like he did it. Finally, he asked my teacher to look into his bag and there was nothing in there but almost people thought he did. In next day, the gir...
... middle of paper ...
...an old, poor man who sold the lottery tickets across the street to the restaurant since he looked so hungry. However, the owner denied to serve that old man since he looked poor and dirty. Therefore, he was not allowed to stay inside, he had to go out of the restaurant. The old man was around eighty years old with gaunt face wiped his tears and told the young guy to stay inside. He knew his position was not belong there. Then he went to the corner of the intersection, the place he sold the lottery tickets day by day. After a while, the young guy went out of the restaurant with the container and had dinner with the old man. That scene was so poignant, it made me believing there was the humanity in our heart but sometimes we forgot it because of our lives. Therefore, people should open their mind and warm up the other poor hearts who really need our help, our humanity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a result of my past life experiences, I have learned the importance of trustworthiness, good management, and healthy relationships. My past includes growing up in Vietnam. I was born in Ho Chi Minh, the biggest city in Southern Vietnam with many French architectures and diversity of cultures. Most people from other places in Vietnam come to Ho Chi Minh City to settle their business or look for a chance to stay in that city. I am one of the citizens with a Bachelor of Business Administration, so I am able to get a job in a trading company with a high salary.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, United States]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- I was born and raised in Ho Chi Minh City, a largest and most industrialized city in Vietnam. Ever since the early 1980s, the colonization of the French has made this city a new Paris of South East Asia, a center Architecture and civilization. Thus, this city has held a crucial cultural role as well as a critical position in economic activities in the region, consequently, after the outbreak of technology and internet it also soon became a hub of technologies advancement. Growing up in such city, I have always fascinating and inspired by urbanism and technologies.... [tags: Design, Construction, Ho Chi Minh]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Ho Chi Minh Ho Chi Minh was born on May 19, 1890 in Hoang Tru, Vietnam. His real name is Nguyen Sinh Cung and later changes to Ho Chi Minh for what’s he’s famous for. His father name is Nguyen Sinh Huy. His father has an anti-French attitude, but Ho Chi Minh also has a sister named Thanh and a brother named Khiem. Ho Chi Minh mostly gets his influence from his father due to Vietnam was the time of the French imperialism was in power. During the French colonial reign, Ho Chi Mih was considered a modern day hero, which inspires many Vietnamese people to follow him to overthrow the French off of their country to win independence for freedom.... [tags: vietnam, hero, independence]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- ... On the third day, the motor broke down. There was no more food or water on the boat. With the pangs of hunger and thirst coursing through his every vein, my father gave up on every one of his ideals. He wanted nothing other than to live. Luckily, a boat of Taiwanese fisherman came by and saved him and his companions. But when he finally arrived in America, my father had nothing but the clothes on his back and shame for his heritage and his country. My father could no longer follow through with his old aspirations.... [tags: communism, Ho Chi Minh, vietnam]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- One afternoon in 1992, when I was 8 years old, my parents picked me up from school as usual. My father was driving a motorcycle, I sat in front of him and my mother sat behind. We had almost arrived at our house when a truck suddenly hit the back of the motorcycle. Everything happened as fast as a snap. The motorcycle was trapped underneath the truck; my mother was lying on one side of the road, holding her bleeding knee while my father, with both legs injured, was still trying to protect me. As a result of that, I was lying in my father 's arms without injuries.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Residency]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- One afternoon, when I was 8 years old, my parents picked me up from school as usual. My father was driving a motorcycle, I sat in front of him and my mother sat behind. We had almost arrived at our house when a truck suddenly hit the back of the motorcycle. Everything happened as fast as a snap. The motorcycle was trapped underneath the truck; my mother was lying on one side of the road, holding her bleeding knee while my father, with both legs injured, was still trying to protect me. As a result of that, I was lying in my father 's arms without injuries.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Pediatrics]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Adam Smith said, “The real tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their efforts.” People struggle through tangled obstacles everyday in the gust of heat; unfortunately, they receive little appreciation. Ho Chi Minh is a hectic city labeled with hardship: a rampaging crowd and varieties of weather; blood lusting bugs and sweaty half naked Asians; the streets of a disposal site and the dark secrecy of gambling. All of these contributing factors add up to be displeasing. Nevertheless, keeping an open mind to their traditional activities, foods, and entertainment is the trail to the vivid image of heaven.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- I was born in 1994 in a small town in Vietnam. Surrounded by rice fields, big rivers along Mekong Delta, besides traditional games for rural children, the only entertaining resource I could access to was the small library in my neighbor. A little girl started dreaming of big journeys to witness European countries written in Andersen tales and stories, the US with unique architectures and “strange” people described in Uncle Tom’s cabin. That little girl would never have imagined one day one of her dream journeys can really come true – going to the US for college.... [tags: Student, International student, Ho Chi Minh]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Communism as a political philosophy has had both its critics and nationalist proponents throughout recent history. As a tool for nationalistic movements in recent, one of the most compelling examples is how communism was introduced and used by Ho Chi Minh to help Vietnam become a unified and independent nation in the 1970s. Ho Chi Minh, a Marxist Leninist, charismatic and populist leader, adopted communism through his experiences, struggles, and challenges. Communism came to play an important role in bringing Vietnam independence and freedom from the French and subsequent colonialist rulers.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh Essays]
1887 words (5.4 pages)
- As a young Vietnamese-American born boy, I have always been curious about my culture and ancestry… A big part of Vietnamese history is having to deal with the Vietnam War and the impacts of immigration. Being a first generation Vietnamese in the United States, I didn’t have to experience the hardships that my parents and grandparents had to deal with it. The Vietnam War took place in 1954 and lasted until 1975….I will be focusing my research on causes of the Vietnam War, Life During the War, and the hardships Vietnamese face due to immigration.... [tags: Vietnam War, Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, South Vietnam]
815 words (2.3 pages)